IT SEEMS PRETTY CLEAR WE WILL BE DONE WITH JA98 AFTER THIS SEASON

ATLballer

Do you see JA98 being picked up by another team or do you see him on the street for the

most part..This is provided we cant trade him..As bad as he's playing or as mediocre

he is i cant see a team wasting a roster spot for someone who's regressing.

I see him being picked up for maybe one more year after us and then dropped for good...

So Sad with that size and potential...I wish I had his attributes...I would sleep in

the film room..I would have chuck s., D brooks, J tuggle, P crayton, and anyone else

that I could pick their brain..I guess we shouldnt feel to sorry, he did rob us for a

few millions

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must have missed where Abraham came into the conversation.....

Have you been reading the board lately? Pretty much every single Anderson hugger likes to point at the other players and short term struggles to lift him up.

But anyways, how is speculating about stats that may or may not have a thing to do with Anderson relevant to this conversation?

Have you been reading the board lately? Pretty much every single Anderson hugger likes to point at the other players and short term struggles to lift him up.

But anyways, how is speculating about stats that may or may not have a thing to do with Anderson relevant to this conversation?

I rarely come into TATF, so if you want to lump all the posters on this board into the garbled non-sense that takes place in most of these threads, so be it.

But in terms of this thread, I had to disagree. What makes those stats relevant is that with Jamaal in the game, our rush defense was significantly better than with him out of the game.

Stephen Jackson, albeit a good RB, had an awful year until he put up his best numbers of the year against the Falcons in the last game of the 2008 regular season.

If you want to label this as "irrelevant", be my guest. But if you fail to make the connection between Jamaal in the game equals less rushing than with him out of the game, then there is little I can do to help you.

I rarely come into TATF, so if you want to lump all the posters on this board into the garbled non-sense that takes place in most of these threads, so be it.

But in terms of this thread, I had to disagree. What makes those stats relevant is that with Jamaal in the game, our rush defense was significantly better than with him out of the game.

Stephen Jackson, albeit a good RB, had an awful year until he put up his best numbers of the year against the Falcons in the last game of the 2008 regular season.

If you want to label this as "irrelevant", be my guest. But if you fail to make the connection between Jamaal in the game equals less rushing than with him out of the game, then there is little I can do to help you.

It's not my position to connect the stats, you brought 'em up. That's your job.

Did you just toss out the playcalling, package and situation variables or do you "just want to clump stats together" that will seem to help Jamaal?

Either way, how is it even relevant when all of the criticism over Jamaal is his consistent inability to rush the passer. You'd have to be a little silly to think we couldn't find other players with more upside who can be a situational run stopper.

This reliance on run stats that you have seem kind of moot when we never know if it is run or pass. Relying on him to stop the run is a perfect chance for Offenses to exploit his presence and choose to pass.

4-3 relies on your front 4 getting pressure, especially with a young secondary. Ignoring this to defend Jamaal's ego only hurts the team. We can find plenty of other players who can help stop the run on the edge and still have more upside in rushing the passer.