Niners Fan Here

Greetings Falcons Fans. I come in peace! I wanted to get a healthy discussion going on about how you guys feel this weeks game against the niners is going to go. We have a thread up on our forum at:

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=81094

If you guys want to come over there and post your thoughts, cool. If not, I look forward to talking to you on this message board about what you think the keys to game are.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings Falcons Fans. I come in peace! I wanted to get a healthy discussion going on about how you guys feel this weeks game against the niners is going to go. We have a thread up on our forum at:

If you guys want to come over there and post your thoughts, cool. If not, I look forward to talking to you on this message board about what you think the keys to game are.

Welcome, I'll check it out here in a few.

Running the ball and stopping the run imo. This will be key for both teams. Honestly, I think we are going to win but I am sure you guys feel the same way. I think our bye week helped us iron out some kinks so we should be well prepared. We have a tough schedule and looking on it, I never thought the SF game was one of those tough games. It is now. Congrats on the start of you guy's season. Singletary is bringing you guys back to the top of the West where you used to be every year. Good luck after with your season with the exception of this game. lol.

http://forums.49ers....ead.php?t=81094

I think it's going to be a knock-down drag out fight. I'll be at the game. I must say it's a difficult day for me whenever we play the 9ers - been married to a fan for over 30 years now, but it's always fun.

I also want to say I'm happy that Singletary has brought back what seems to be a decent team. After DeBartolo signed it over - the team just really went downhill. Can't say I'm happy you waited until the year we have to travel over and play you, though!

This should be physical game. If Atlanta can get the run established and get points up early - then they will likely control the tone of the game. If not - then it's going to be a long day for us. I'm not concerned about our passing game, but I hope we get it figured out on the rushing side before the game.

On the defensive side - we are going to have to create some turnovers and stop the run.

Either way - here's to 60 minutes of great, hard hitting football and no injuries!

It's appalling to see someone who wants to talk X's and O's and doesn't feel the need to sling mud, or say "Who Dat" with every other breath. hehe

In all seriousness, it has already been covered. We have to get Turner going and not let you guys running game get going. If those things happen, I think it will be a good game, but Falcons pull it off 24 - 17

TROLL!!!!!!!!!!

j/k

I'm not sure what to expect from your offense. With Gore out, I'm not sure if Coffee will be able to set up the run game for you guys, especially considering the lack of depth at RB.

I like Hill, at least over Smith, but I'm going to say he is serviceable at best. I don't think he will win the game for you guys.

Defense.... it will be tough. Luckily it should make for a good game, but we aren't the Rams.

It's appalling to see someone who wants to talk X's and O's and doesn't feel the need to sling mud, or say "Who Dat" with every other breath. hehe

In all seriousness, it has already been covered. We have to get Turner going and not let you guys running game get going. If those things happen, I think it will be a good game, but Falcons pull it off 24 - 17

Who dey?

Running the ball and stopping the run imo. This will be key for both teams. Honestly, I think we are going to win but I am sure you guys feel the same way. I think our bye week helped us iron out some kinks so we should be well prepared. We have a tough schedule and looking on it, I never thought the SF game was one of those tough games. It is now. Congrats on the start of you guy's season. Singletary is bringing you guys back to the top of the West where you used to be every year. Good luck after with your season with the exception of this game. lol.

this^^^^^^^^

Looks like they are REALLY underestimating our offense only after just 3 games......Gonzalez and White and Turner and Norwood and Ryan will have plenty to say about this.....I think we win this game. We will be fresh, and Smitty doesn't lose 2 games in a row.

They are completely looking at stats and honestly, our rankings aren't good in anything but points allowed in which we are 8th. Our offensive points scored are like 20th and our running game is like 25th and passing 19th. That's not what we expected but they will straighten it out. I think playing the 3-4 defense when we aren't used to it and have young guys has something to do with it. Our defense as far as yards given up is 30th. We have to tighten this stuff up if we want to survive this schedule. I think we will though.

Farve, Warner >>>>>>>>>>> Ryan

Good lord, just look at this quote from one of their members "analyzing" the matchups they've faced to our players.

No wonder they won't let us post, they're probably waiting for this idiot to delete that post first :lol::lol: .

Edited by Curufin

First of all, this is a game which Atlanta HAS to win if they have any ideas of advancing throughout the playoffs. The Niners are playing good ball, but they are a much less talented team than the Birds. I suspect they'll win atleast 10 games this year and make the playoffs but they're a year behind Atlanta in their "process." Those Niner fans who haven't watched the Falcons play this year, there's a few things you need to know.

1. The only game (stat wise) which mirrors how the game actually played out is the Carolina game. Both defenses struggled and Atlanta found a way to win.

2. Atlanta absolutely dominated Miami but Ryan was a little rusty and dumb mistakes made it look closer.

3. Against NE, Atlanta played scared to lose and simply got outcoached. I am convinced that ATL and NE are not that far apart. In fact, they are VERY similar teams. Take that for what's it worth.

4. Like Atlanta, the Niners aren't going to sneak up on anybody from here on out, they've earned their respect and will get their opponent's best effort.

Bottom line to me is the difference in our offense over the Niners will be enough to negate the difference in their defense over ours. I trust Matt Ryan and our running game a lot more than Shaun Hill and their backup RB.

Low scoring game: ATL 20 SF 17

Edited by War Damn Eagle

After watching the Falcons get trounced by the Niners year after year in the 80's.. or watching Chris Miller spiking the ball(like everybody does now) to stop the clock getting called a "f"ing fumble that the Niners recovered sealing another win at Candlestick... I hope the Birds kick their *****, LOL that said Singletary has the Niners moving in the right direction they should be 4-0 .... So what was to be a possible easy win for the Falcons has turned into a oh crap they are gonna have to fight tooth and nail to win.

Glad Gore is out but that didn't seem to effect them at all against the Rams.....this just in Jerry Rice has scored another touchdown on Charles Dimry...LOL D a m m i t

might be a big game for the old Falcon Killer Issac Bruce too.....

welcome hope for a good game!!!