49ers are 1 Bret Favre miracle away from being 4-0

Andre5000

Yep, the 49ers are not a joke. I liked the idea of him being our HC, and he did a lot with the 49ers at the end of last year. He's simply a great coach and a true embodiment of what the NFL is about as a player, coach, and person. I figured they would be a good team this year, but I must say they have REALLY come out swinging this year.

Yep, the 49ers are not a joke. I liked the idea of him being our HC, and he did a lot with the 49ers at the end of last year. He's simply a great coach and a true embodiment of what the NFL is about as a player, coach, and person. I figured they would be a good team this year, but I must say they have REALLY come out swinging this year.

Singletary has really done a great job..

Pretty stout defense but they're not the same team without Frank Gore, 49ers are a good team but a team the Falcons should beat.

35-0 today without Gore.. so what your saying is they would have won 70-0 with Gore? it was the Rams, but still, they didnt mess around , they took care of biz.

35-0 today without Gore.. so what your saying is they would have won 70-0 with Gore? it was the Rams, but still, they didnt mess around , they took care of biz.

35-0 against the Rams isn't that impressive (Patrick Willis scored a TD so it wasn't all 49ers offense). My point that they're not the same team without Frank Gore still stands.

Edited by MilleniumFalcon

Actually looking at the box score, the 49ers defense scored 3 Touchdowns (2 fumble recoveries and a INT return for 3 TD's)... my fantasy team got 50 points from them today (lol). So the 49ers offense just scored 2 offensive TD's.

I started San Fran defense today too. They came up big for me.

Patrick Willis owned the Rams ... 5 tackles, 3 assists, 2.5 sacks and a "pick-6" ... this guy is scary good.

The offense doesn't scare me at all, but their defense really knows how to get turnovers ... and our ball security hasn't been the best this season.

Edited by falcon82

Yup and he was a beast at Ole Miss... Hindsight is 20/20, but we could've had him. :wacko:

I wanted him bad and heard "You don't use a Top 10 pick on a LB" all the time ...

The whole SF team reminds me of the Ravens in 2000 (SF is not as good yet, but I think they'll get there) ... not a good QB, but a scary defense.

I think SF will be favored by 7.

Edited by falcon82

I wanted him bad and heard "You don't use a Top 10 pick on a LB" all the time ...

The whole SF team reminds me of the Ravens in 2000 (SF is not as good yet, but I think they'll get there) ... not a good QB, but a scary defense.

I think SF will be favored by 7.

I wanted Adrian Peterson bad but when the Vikings drafted him I wanted Patrick Willis, too bad. 49ers defense is nice but I wouldn't compare them to an all time defense like the Ravens 2000. I think the line will be around SF -3 / -3.5, still a team we should beat though.

Actually looking at the box score, the 49ers defense scored 3 Touchdowns (2 fumble recoveries and a INT return for 3 TD's)... my fantasy team got 50 points from them today (lol). So the 49ers offense just scored 2 offensive TD's.

Point being? If their D does that to us we lose.

Edited by Southeast Jerome

Point being? If their D does that to us we lose.

Didn't read the thread? My point was that Frank Gore makes their team and offense a lot better, someone countered with them scoring 35 points. I countered saying 49ers offense only scored 2 of the 5 TD's and they played the lowly Rams.

Didn't read the thread? My point was that Frank Gore makes their team and offense a lot better, someone countered with them scoring 35 points. I countered saying 49ers offense only scored 2 of the 5 TD's and they played the lowly Rams.

Turner has been fumble prone and our D has been below average to say the least. If our offense doesn't play to their potential and allows the 49ers D to manhandle us we lose.

Turner has been fumble prone and our D has been below average to say the least. If our offense doesn't play to their potential and allows the 49ers D to manhandle us we lose.

2 Fumbles in 3 games, I wouldn't say thats particularly fumble prone. Turner hasn't played like he did last year but I'm not too worried about him. I believe if our offense doesn't play to their potential, we might not necessarily lose because the 49ers offense isn't all that great without Gore. Our defense maybe below average but so is the 49ers offense without a healthy Gore.