Georgia fans give it a rest

House

Give it a rest pup fans. Yes the flag was bull, but LSU got flagged for the same thing on their TD. That flag didn't cost you the game. You had the ball around the 30 with just under a min and time to score. Move on to your next game, its Kentucky next week isn't it?

Give it a rest pup fans. Yes the flag was bull, but LSU got flagged for the same thing on their TD. That flag didn't cost you the game. You had the ball around the 30 with just under a min and time to score. Move on to your next game, its Kentucky next week isn't it?

Tennessee. I could see a loss, especially if our players are carrying this one into Neyland next week.

Easy to say for a Gator fan.

I can't wait to see all of the whining here when the Gators get jobbed on a bad call.

I can't wait to see all of the whining here when the Gators get jobbed on a bad call.

You mean like all the national media whining about our team celebrating a huge early TD against the Gators a couple years ago, and then the refs blatantly calling a one sided game the next year we played them? Football is getting to the point where it is so obviously rigged that it is unwatchable.

Oh and House sucks btw, watched it for a season or two but that show is awful, trite, and overextended.

Edited by pr0d1gy

You mean like all the national media whining about our team celebrating a huge early TD against the Gators a couple years ago, and then the refs blatantly calling a one sided game the next year we played them? Football is getting to the point where it is so obviously rigged that it is unwatchable.

Oh and House sucks btw, watched it for a season or two but that show is awful, trite, and overextended.

so your a Grey's Anatomy fan huh

The Gators have screwed many of times before. I get over it by the end of the weekend mostly or by the end of the day. The entire year Georgia fans have been crying over the refs and especially if they lose. I went to the dawg chat last night and it was mostly "the refs screwed us again". Most of the time if you fell like the refs screwed you over then...crap forgot what the saying is, I'll come back later and edit this.

Be thankful in a way that LSU sucks so bad that yall still had a shot to tie the game at the end. The score could have easily been 30-10 if LSU sucked so bad in the red zone. Going into next week I'm feeling confident in Florida playing LSU after the last 2 weeks watching them. By the way did any LSU "fan" get a hold 1 of the Georgia players cell phone #. I remember they have done it the last 2 years.

The Gators have screwed many of times before. I get over it by the end of the weekend mostly or by the end of the day.

Its still the weekend for us bro, chill out, theres one thread about the refs, of course theres going to be a little bitterness. As for it going both ways, it doesn't matter, it benefitted them more than it benefitted us, they had more time on the clock and all they had to get was a field goal. Heck they were already in field goal position, but enough about that, back to lets fire WM! :D

Its still the weekend for us bro, chill out, theres one thread about the refs, of course theres going to be a little bitterness. As for it going both ways, it doesn't matter, it benefitted them more than it benefitted us, they had more time on the clock and all they had to get was a field goal. Heck they were already in field goal position, but enough about that, back to lets fire WM! :D

Yea, while I'm tired of the moaning and groaning...that pity flag they threw on Scott was not the same. All it did was make me more angry because it was clearly only thrown to save face.

You actually believe it's never happened to us before? I've already given you one example and there's plenty more where that came from. This is not a unique situation only to UGA, it happens to every team and in every case that team can look back and see that they could have played better in some facet of the game so that a bad call isn't an issue...

You actually believe it's never happened to us before? I've already given you one example and there's plenty more where that came from. This is not a unique situation only to UGA, it happens to every team and in every case that team can look back and see that they could have played better in some facet of the game so that a bad call isn't an issue...

And you actually believe no one else acts like this about a bad call? Come on, every team acts like this after a tough loss especially when there was a bad call like this that jepardized the end of the game. Like I said, theres ONE thread about the call, now two because of this one, jeeze chill out, if you don't want to read about it then don't open the thread.

Edited by SandDrew

smh if you really think the refs carried over their hate for UGA into that game the next year because of the celebration. Florida had a top 5 defense that year. UGA made that a one sided game with the turnovers, not the refs.

And you actually believe no one else acts like this about a bad call? Come on, every team acts like this after a tough loss especially when there was a bad call like this that jepardized the end of the game. Like I said, theres ONE thread about the call, now two because of this one, jeeze chill out, if you don't want to read about it then don't open the thread.

every fan base even the gator fan base would be responding the same way when a call changes the course of a game. Heck on the national boards even LSU fans said uga was jobbed and it changed the complexion of the game.

Yes he was hoping they were going to review the call and they didn't.

lol. If you think the call might be wrong challenge it, don't hope the refs get it right and review it. That makes my bottom 10 for the week. Now that makes MR look stupid for doing it. At the very worse you lose a timeout.

lol. If you think the call might be wrong challenge it, don't hope the refs get it right and review it. That makes my bottom 10 for the week. Now that makes MR look stupid for doing it. At the very worse you lose a timeout.

It was late in the first half, it wasn't a waste of a time out, it never would have been used. Also, coaches only get one challenge per game, I think Richt thought they would obviously review it with the extra time. I think the refs may have ignored it just because Richt didn't challenge it.

I'm curious does anyone know the rule on that? I thought as long as there was possession when the player touches the ground then its dead, so the way I looked at it after he landed hard on the ground that caused the ball to get jarred out, which I didn't think a fumble to begin with, but because of the way the announcers acted I started second guessing myself. By the way, some of these refs need to be reminded the fans come to see the players play, not to watch the refs.

I'd think it might have something to do with the fact that our offensive coordinator didn't do anything to get the ball across the 50 yard line until the 3rd quarter. 1 first down in the first half pretty much deflates the entire team. Honestly, I was shocked we were even in the game at halftime after the first few series. The defense stepped up yesterday, for the first time in a LOOOOONG time. I fully expect them to regress again because Willie Martinez is incapable of having 2 great weeks in a row. 2 great weeks in a season is even somewhat shocking. Yeah, it was a bad call and helped LSU with field position on their final drive. Joe Cox, however, did no one any favors by underthrowing yet another ball for about the umpteenth time this season on our final drive.

It was late in the first half, it wasn't a waste of a time out, it never would have been used. Also, coaches only get one challenge per game, I think Richt thought they would obviously review it with the extra time. I think the refs may have ignored it just because Richt didn't challenge it.

I'm curious does anyone know the rule on that? I thought as long as there was possession when the player touches the ground then its dead, so the way I looked at it after he landed hard on the ground that caused the ball to get jarred out, which I didn't think a fumble to begin with, but because of the way the announcers acted I started second guessing myself. By the way, some of these refs need to be reminded the fans come to see the players play, not to watch the refs.

Les Miles should have been the one to challenge the call. That player was down. When the ball came out, it rolled backward about 3-4 yards and went out of bounds. If LSU challenged that call they would have gotten those 3-4 yards back.

The call was wrong to begin with. The player was down and had possession before the ground caused the fumble. If the ball is in the act of coming out before the knee, shoulder, elbow, etc the ruling should be a fumble. Look at Micheal Turner's fumbles last year, couple of those should be some good examples.