Fire Mark Richt...

popcornplaya

I've said this now for 2 seasons. Mark RIcht needs to be gone from my beloved UGA. I like the guy as a human being, and he's great for the community and is a generally upstanding guy. But enough is enough, he's not a championship coach. He holds no one accountable for their mistakes (he's never once fired or demoted a coach. The ones that have left are of their own volition). What the **** is wrong with him allowing Mike Bobo to make boneheaded call after boneheaded call? And Willie Martinez's "Bend but don't break" philosophy is garbage. Enough is enough. Either someone kicks him square in the nuts and tells him to get rid of these idiots and pull Joe Cox out of the game, or we fire him. Plain and simple. The guy isn't a national championship coach. He's good for 9-10 wins a season, which is good if you want consistency and mediocrity. I, personally, want a national championship. We haven't had a good coordinator at UGA since Erk Russell. And that, to me, is sad.

I'm sick of having mediocre seasons. I'm sick of being let down. Yeah, we're in the toughest conference in the nation. Big freaking deal. Urban Meyer doesn't seem to have trouble contending year in a year out, neither does Les Miles, or Nick Saban. At this rate, Spurrier is going to find a way to lure recruits to SC, Bobby Quitrino is going to find some defensive players, and Lane Kiffin and his dad are going to create a defensive powerhouse, and all have national championships before Richt. Great guy? Yeah. Great coach? Not in this fan's opinion.

Let's see what the old ball coach would take to leave SC and come to one of his most hated rival schools of all time. I can't stand the guy, but he's a damned good coach. If he weren't in the cesspool of the south, he'd have no problems recruiting players and would be dominant again. ****, find someone at a small school that does well and hire them. I don't care what we do, but get someone that will light a fire under his players and coach's butts. I want a passionate and emotional guy. I want someone that will cut the other team's throat and kick them while they're down. I want a guy that understands that the BCS formula, regardless of what they tell us, requires you to run the score up and embarrass the other team. Mark RIcht is none of that. He's an upstanding citizen that wants to do good in the community and promote sportsmanship. That's fine in pee-wee football, but at this level you want your guys hungry for blood and wanting to stomp the other team into the mud.

Don't know about CMR, but coach Fab and CWM need to go for sure. CWM is obvious. Fab for the pathetic play we get from our DEs, and the horrible ST plays. A lot of issues are D philosophy related that can be resolved with new leadership.

I have been critical and have posted before about the overall strategic direction of the program, and that has to fall on CMR. 2006 to 2009 has been one unsatisfactory blur, and 4 years is a long time to be that way. CMR has to look within and make changes-- philosophical and staff related, or in another 2-3 years, he may be in trouble. I like him and for his sake I hope he figures it out. I see a lot of simlarities between us and FSU, and that is not good.

Since Erk Russell? Were you in a coma for the Van Gorder years?

I was about to say the same thing.

Richt is not the problem. Bobo is a problem more often than an asset. Martinez is a problem more often than an asset. Fabris is a problem far more often than an asset. And Richt is loyal to a fault so he will wait until the guys themselves are ready to move on. Despite the fact that they could get hired by a ton of schools after being at Georgia.

Richt is a championship caliber coach. He just doesn't have championship caliber coordinators right now.

My lord this is becoming an every year thing. 2 years ago when UGA lost 2 early games this was all over the place in here and then at the end of the season after they won the Sugar Bowl all those guys saying that were saing how he was the best coach ever. If you cant handle the ups and downs then you might want to pick a sport thats easier on the heart.

I was about to say the same thing.

Richt is not the problem. Bobo is a problem more often than an asset. Martinez is a problem more often than an asset. Fabris is a problem far more often than an asset. And Richt is loyal to a fault so he will wait until the guys themselves are ready to move on. Despite the fact that they could get hired by a ton of schools after being at Georgia.

Richt is a championship caliber coach. He just doesn't have championship caliber coordinators right now.

I agree with this.

My lord this is becoming an every year thing. 2 years ago when UGA lost 2 early games this was all over the place in here and then at the end of the season after they won the Sugar Bowl all those guys saying that were saing how he was the best coach ever. If you cant handle the ups and downs then you might want to pick a sport thats easier on the heart.

Ya know JGator, 2 years ago was the first time I started to have questions about some of the things Richt does. I love Richt and don't think he should be fired. I used to defend him to a ton of friends who actually thought prior to that he was what was holding our program back. I'd always label them crazy. Then in '07, we lose to SC...I just thought it was unfortunate. Then we got blown out by UT in Knoxville and barely beat Vanderbilt and for the 1st time I thought maybe he's not the guy to get us to the "promised land". Somehow we turned it around, beat Florida, Auburn, Tech, and probably should have been in the NC (but I digress).

Sadly, since then we've still continued to solidify ourselves as a 2nd tier program. It doesn't help that Florida & LSU have been winning the big ones and now you've got Bama looking to do the same. We get top talent every year but we're starting to look less like the Georgia teams earlier in the decade and more like the Georgia teams under Donnan.

completely agree.. it's ridiculous fans continue to call for his head after losing a few games.

Ya know JGator, 2 years ago was the first time I started to have questions about some of the things Richt does. I love Richt and don't think he should be fired. I used to defend him to a ton of friends who actually thought prior to that he was what was holding our program back. I'd always label them crazy. Then in '07, we lose to SC...I just thought it was unfortunate. Then we got blown out by UT in Knoxville and barely beat Vanderbilt and for the 1st time I thought maybe he's not the guy to get us to the "promised land". Somehow we turned it around, beat Florida, Auburn, Tech, and probably should have been in the NC (but I digress).

Sadly, since then we've still continued to solidify ourselves as a 2nd tier program. It doesn't help that Florida & LSU have been winning the big ones and now you've got Bama looking to do the same. We get top talent every year but we're starting to look less like the Georgia teams earlier in the decade and more like the Georgia teams under Donnan.

I agree 100%. It is not wise to make blanket comments about a coach after a bad game or season. The issue is deeper. Since 2005, we have not been a cohesive, consistent or complete football team-- even 2007 was on/off. The defense especially, instead of being dominating, is very average, and our once vaunted run defence is now so porous to the run (and also pass). It is a longer term trend and something that happened to FSU in slow motion. Some slip-off every year cumulated over a few years can take a team down to tier II. We were def tier I till 2005. No one who would say that now, and it is getting worse. CMR is more than capable of correcting it, and a great coach, but he'll have to make the hard decisions. Again, these observations were true during last year's LSU win, and this year's LSU loss.

I agree 100%. It is not wise to make blanket comments about a coach after a bad game or season. The issue is deeper. Since 2005, we have not been a cohesive, consistent or complete football team-- even 2007 was on/off. The defense especially, instead of being dominating, is very average, and our once vaunted run defence is now so porous to the run (and also pass). It is a longer term trend and something that happened to FSU in slow motion. Some slip-off every year cumulated over a few years can take a team down to tier II. We were def tier I till 2005. No one who would say that now, and it is getting worse. CMR is more than capable of correcting it, and a great coach, but he'll have to make the hard decisions. Again, these observations were true during last year's LSU win, and this year's LSU loss.

True. I just really think that Evans will have to step in b/c I don't think Richt has it in him to fire/demote his friends. Kinda like when Bowden wouldn't fire his son and he eventually stepped down.

I thought you D coordinator did a very good job in the second half. It looked like the coaches took the Dawgs off their leashes and "released the hounds" to me. But I did doze off a couple of times in the eraly 2nd half.

This game was "3 games in 1". You cannot tell me UGA wasn't very fortunate to still be in it at halftime. LSU could have gotten out to a huge lead but they kept stepping on their "selves" every time. For most of the second half LSU looked like a worn out boxer that is trying to find a place to lean against the ropes and eventually fall down. Then the last few minutes of the game looked like I expected the entire game to look.

The refs allowed themselves to become too much of a storyline in this game with the call against AJ. I have no idea what a player can do after making a huge play and still avoid getting a penalty called. It's gone way too far now.

its like chicken little for some of the fans here. I get frustrated with Meyer's playing calling, but I don't want him to leave.

no uga fan who knows where we were with donnan and goof would even hint at firing CMR. UGA has had their 3rd best run with CMR at coach averaging 10 wins per year and 6 out of 7 top 10 finishes. Frankly our own fans need to have some faith.

its like chicken little for some of the fans here. I get frustrated with Meyer's playing calling, but I don't want him to leave.

Not saying I don't agree, but Meyer has Florida in a position where they're about to be playing for their 3rd NC in 4 years (and in half the time).

That's a little different.

I'm talking about when Meyer gets ultraconservative at times.

I know, but I'm saying even with that...when you're in the position the Gators are in as far as always being in the title hunt and winning a couple (in half the time) it's a little harder to be too upset.

At least I would think so.

I've said this now for 2 seasons. Mark RIcht needs to be gone from my beloved UGA. I like the guy as a human being, and he's great for the community and is a generally upstanding guy. But enough is enough, he's not a championship coach. He holds no one accountable for their mistakes (he's never once fired or demoted a coach. The ones that have left are of their own volition). What the **** is wrong with him allowing Mike Bobo to make boneheaded call after boneheaded call? And Willie Martinez's "Bend but don't break" philosophy is garbage. Enough is enough. Either someone kicks him square in the nuts and tells him to get rid of these idiots and pull Joe Cox out of the game, or we fire him. Plain and simple. The guy isn't a national championship coach. He's good for 9-10 wins a season, which is good if you want consistency and mediocrity. I, personally, want a national championship. We haven't had a good coordinator at UGA since Erk Russell. And that, to me, is sad.

I'm sick of having mediocre seasons. I'm sick of being let down. Yeah, we're in the toughest conference in the nation. Big freaking deal. Urban Meyer doesn't seem to have trouble contending year in a year out, neither does Les Miles, or Nick Saban. At this rate, Spurrier is going to find a way to lure recruits to SC, Bobby Quitrino is going to find some defensive players, and Lane Kiffin and his dad are going to create a defensive powerhouse, and all have national championships before Richt. Great guy? Yeah. Great coach? Not in this fan's opinion.

Let's see what the old ball coach would take to leave SC and come to one of his most hated rival schools of all time. I can't stand the guy, but he's a damned good coach. If he weren't in the cesspool of the south, he'd have no problems recruiting players and would be dominant again. ****, find someone at a small school that does well and hire them. I don't care what we do, but get someone that will light a fire under his players and coach's butts. I want a passionate and emotional guy. I want someone that will cut the other team's throat and kick them while they're down. I want a guy that understands that the BCS formula, regardless of what they tell us, requires you to run the score up and embarrass the other team. Mark RIcht is none of that. He's an upstanding citizen that wants to do good in the community and promote sportsmanship. That's fine in pee-wee football, but at this level you want your guys hungry for blood and wanting to stomp the other team into the mud.

i agree, especially with the accountability of his coaches and players