Why do people want Houston benched for Hill

Don't get me wrong I am a fan of Hill but Houston in my eyes has yet to have a bad game he has been solid and not to mention he is the only DB with a pick... He is in the process of developing into a solid corner. But if I am wrong and he slips up a lot then I'm all for Hill starting. By the way we dont even know if hes 100 percent with his hamstring still he has been fast and hasn't gotten beat deep..... I dont think. Is he great no but he sure is playing the best out of all our CBs. Thoughts???

I have seen Houston make some nasty hits and some borderline tackles. He has what it takes to be a Secondary goon. Williams is a guy with a SS mentality. You add Hill into that equation anywhere and also Owens and you have some trouble for defenses.

What makes a guy a shutdown corner is...can he take a few bad plays and come back with a pick or rip?

I dont get it either... Chris Houston has not played a bad game yet......Guys are still thinking about the preseason i guess (when the guy was getting over a injury might i add) ,...... Chris Houston has been our best CB...... I want to see what Tye Hill can do .... rather its at NB or on the island

i believe i saw somewhere that houston has only given up 2 rec TDs dating all the way back to last year. that's pretty good. he's inconsistent at times and he does give up some plays in the pass game but he doesn't get beat deep.

if he were just a little bit more physical with the receivers and in the run game i don't think he'd get the all criticism he gets.

i believe i saw somewhere that houston has only given up rec TDs dating all the way back to last year. that's pretty good. he's inconsistent at times and he does give up some plays in the pass game but he doesn't get beat deep.

if he were just a little bit more physical with the receivers and in the run game i don't think he'd get the all criticism he gets.

exactly.... If Chris Houston can just stay physical..... He would not have all these criticism ... I like Chris Houston and i think he is better then most fans give him credit for.

Houston has been good so far, I can't see him being benched. Hill might get some work in nickel or dime sets but I don't think he'll ever get a start like Foxworth did unless someone gets hurt. Williams came in and completely took us all by surprise.

I feel like Brian Williams would be a nice NB but i feel like you guys are over-rating him as a starting CB...... I'm not saying the man suck but i just thinik its a possibility that Tye Hill can run the CB spot from him.... It depends on tye hill and his talent

exactly.... If Chris Houston can just stay physical..... He would not have all these criticism ... I like Chris Houston and i think he is better then most fans give him credit for.

Physical tools for Houston=ALL THERE.........Mental Skills=lacking and that is what is holding him back, He'll have his good games and some questionable games.

I agree...... I think Hill opposite Houston is money (depending on Hill living up to the hype). We can put Williams and Moore in the safety rotation.... Jackson, Owen, Grimes at the NB and CB rotation. If Hill pans out and can stay healthy, I see our secondary having the potential to be pretty darn good (and deep).

But then again...... If we can't get any D-Line pressure, it only takes one missed play (by any DB) to change the game!

I can realistically see our secondary giving Van Gorder the confidence to add more blitz packages and stunts.... not saying in the next few games.... but in Nov/Dec when it truly counts!

Go Falcons!

like when? off the top of my head i don't remember many plays, if any, where houston was beat deep.

he got beat by ben watson a couple times, once deep. he got beat quite a bit by Smith deep often.

i couldnt find any videos on nfl.com but this one. http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-falcons/09000d5d812cbb10/Jake-Delhomme-Highlight-WK-02-vs-Falcons-2009

he seems to do fine in zone, but man2man he just runs step for step with the receiver, hes in good position a lot, but he just watches the receiver catch it, then shoves him out of bounds.

like when? off the top of my head i don't remember many plays, if any, where houston was beat deep.

trust me he gets beat often. After at least 4 or 5 plays n the game the announcers n video ppl show video of houston jumping the play action especially when the QB misses the wide open reciever.

We certainly have issues in the secondary, no secret there. I don't care what they do just get someone to play some tighter coverage and get us to next years draft, then we can get us some other options to chose from. At times Houston doesn't play like a second round pick, that's for sure.

Houstons not great but hes the best corner we have right now. He could become a good corner someday but it seems regardless of how in position he is he doesnt make a play on the ball and thats not the kind of thing that just goes away.

Although it must be noted at the end of the Carolina game he picked off Delhomme working on Smith in the highest of pressure situations. Made me laugh and think of that stupid commercial of Smith catching a pass on Houston.

trust me he gets beat often. After at least 4 or 5 plays n the game the announcers n video ppl show video of houston jumping the play action especially when the QB misses the wide open reciever.

so ummm show some examples in stead of the lame o rific " trust me"

if he really got beat that bad 4-5 times a game we would be 0-3 instead of 2-1.

in the nfl qbs dont miss those kind of plays you speak of that often.