Answer This About Our Defense

So the way our defense is set up is pretty much based upon the fact that we need to get pressure with our front 4. Am i right? Ok so what if the team pulls a NE and runs 2 and 3 TE sets? What does our defense do then?

We obviously won't get pressure on them with just those 4?

And what if we just are not getting pressure from our front 4 vs a basic offensive formation. What does our defense do in those situations?

I am just trying to see what our defense does in situations like that? What are you talking about?

They adjust...success in the NFL is determined by how well you adjust week in and week out. Our defense is struggling with the pass rush...we all knew this as soon as Jerry went down, but if our defense wants to win, players need to adjust by stepping up into their roles. If no one steps up, it's not the coaches fault...it's their job to put our players in position to make plays, but if they continue to be out of position, drop INTs, and get hung by OLs then...well, you can figure out the rest.

Well yes obviously you have to adjust. But the problem is that our D-coordinator doesn't seem to want to call blitzes ever. And as it was said New England just put 3 TEs in and ran the ball down our throats because we were still trying to just bring 4 defenders. It just doesn't make sense to keep everyone back on every single play, especially when u consider the fact that our secondary is one of the worst in the league. I understand the idea that we want to play the pass sometimes but even when we are in a strictly pass-oriented defense we still get picked apart by the passing game. So it seems to me that we should at least consider the possibility that blitzing one or two extra defenders may actually be a better idea even in the passing situations. And also does anyone else think that John Abraham is spending way too much time on the bench?? I understand that the coaches wanna keep him fresh and that he isn't really a power rusher so he isn't supposed to be as good against the run but obviously our subs aren't any better against the run since we're giving up ridiculous yds/carry, and even when the 4th quarter rolls around and we need him on a key 3rd down there still doesn't seem to be any urgency to get him in the game. We don't have Grady Jackson anymore and even though noone thought he was all that good, he did a lot more for our D-line than his stats showed. A body that big can command a double-team and allow other players to get after the QB or the RB. So now that we don't have him we need our best players in the game as much as possible and for Abraham to be on the bench as much as he is disturbs me. He didn't get 16 sacks last season by sitting on the bench all year. And I doubt he'll reach double digits this year without Jackson and Jerry etc, etc, etc out there to help him out.

Well yes obviously you have to adjust. But the problem is that our D-coordinator doesn't seem to want to call blitzes ever. And as it was said New England just put 3 TEs in and ran the ball down our throats because we were still trying to just bring 4 defenders. It just doesn't make sense to keep everyone back on every single play, especially when u consider the fact that our secondary is one of the worst in the league. I understand the idea that we want to play the pass sometimes but even when we are in a strictly pass-oriented defense we still get picked apart by the passing game. So it seems to me that we should at least consider the possibility that blitzing one or two extra defenders may actually be a better idea even in the passing situations. And also does anyone else think that John Abraham is spending way too much time on the bench?? I understand that the coaches wanna keep him fresh and that he isn't really a power rusher so he isn't supposed to be as good against the run but obviously our subs aren't any better against the run since we're giving up ridiculous yds/carry, and even when the 4th quarter rolls around and we need him on a key 3rd down there still doesn't seem to be any urgency to get him in the game. We don't have Grady Jackson anymore and even though noone thought he was all that good, he did a lot more for our D-line than his stats showed. A body that big can command a double-team and allow other players to get after the QB or the RB. So now that we don't have him we need our best players in the game as much as possible and for Abraham to be on the bench as much as he is disturbs me. He didn't get 16 sacks last season by sitting on the bench all year. And I doubt he'll reach double digits this year without Jackson and Jerry etc, etc, etc out there to help him out.

1) Paragraphs....use them :)

2) This is what i was asking. What does our defense do to adjust? Like all i saw was us use the same defense. Like we didnt change anything up even after we got the same results.