Matt Ryan and his passin stats.

SLICK NICK

Here are a few stats I thought I would share with you guys, that I thought were interesting.

In WR sets:

2 Wide Receivers - 13/20 for 123 yds 65.0% 6.15 avg 19 long 0 TD's 0 INT's 1.0 sack 81.9 RAT

3 Wide Receivers - 13/19 for 139 yds 68.4% 7.32 avg 27 long 1 TD's 1 INT's 0.0 sacks 85.2 RAT

4+Wide Receivers - 11/13 for 111 yds 84.6% 8.54 avg 22 long 2 TD's 0 INT's 0.0 sacks 141.8 RAT

In TE sets:

0 Tight Ends - 14/21 for 159 yds 66.7% 7.57 avg 22 long 2 TD's 1 INT's 0.0 sacks 101.1 RAT

1 Tight End - 17/23 for 152 yds 73.9% 6.61 avg 27 long 1 TD's 0 INT's 0.0 sacks 105.7 RAT

2 Tight Ends - 8/13 for 96 yds 61.5% 7.39 avg 24 long 1 TD's 0 INT's 1.0 sacks 109.8 RAT

3+ Tight Ends - 4/6 for 42 yds 66.7% 7.00 avg 24 long 1 TD's 0 INT's 1.0 sacks 126.4 RAT

By Defensive formation:

<3 on Def. Line - 7/9 for 69 yds 77.8% 7.67 avg 15 long 0 TD's 0 INT's 1 sack 98.6 RAT

<4 on Def. Line - 14/25 for 172 yds 56.0% 6.88 avg 22 long 1 TD's 0 INT's 1 sack 90.8 RAT

4 on Def. Line - 21/28 for 207 yds 75.0% 7.39 avg 27 long 3 TD's 1 INT's 0 sacks 116.2 RAT

6 on Def. Line - 1/1 for 1 yds 100.0% 1.00 avg 1 long 1 TD's 0 INT's 0 sacks 118.8 RAT

Blitz - 17/23 for 164 yds 73.9% 7.13 avg 21 long 3 TD's 0 INT's 0 sacks 133.0 RAT

Ryan worries me, sure he had an average year last year and was helped with the 1800 yrds from Turner. Now its all up to him, we've seen the offense not live up to potential even with TG. It shows that Ryan is regressing, he won't really be productive unless Turner is running it for 200yrds per game

Ryan worries me, sure he had an average year last year and was helped with the 1800 yrds from Turner. Now its all up to him, we've seen the offense not live up to potential even with TG. It shows that Ryan is regressing, he won't really be productive unless Turner is running it for 200yrds per game

I know you are a troll, but I'm going to reply anyway.

Ryan has thrown 5 TD's and only 1 interception this season, has a very good completion rate and that's all without a consistent running game. The offense was out of sync against the Patriots, one of the best coached defenses in the league, but that's what bye weeks are for and their are going to be growing pains while they figure out how to use everyone now with the addition of Tony G.

Which opponent are you a fan of again? Must be someone we are playing - because Ryan always worries them.

Falcon fans, on the other hand, are confident in the young QB who brings us wins.

Funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks. Oh, and what team are you a fan of?

Ryan has thrown 5 TD's and only 1 interception this season, has a very good completion rate and that's all without a consistent running game. The offense was out of sync against the Patriots, one of the best coached defenses in the league, but that's what bye weeks are for and their are going to be growing pains while they figure out how to use everyone now with the addition of Tony G.

I'm not a troll, just realistc to what Ryan really is as a QB. It's a slob-fest on here with him, I wasn't impressed with his 14 TD year last year vs poor teams and Turner getting 1800.

The Pats D isn't good, they lost multiple stud PB players this off-season. It's very easy to pass it off like no big deal it's the Pats but we haven't played well at all this year. That is on the HC and QB.

Ryan doesn't impress me, happy we have him but I won't slob all over him like everyone on here

I'm not a troll, just realistc to what Ryan really is as a QB. It's a slob-fest on here with him, I wasn't impressed with his 14 TD year last year vs poor teams and Turner getting 1800.

The Pats D isn't good, they lost multiple stud PB players this off-season. It's very easy to pass it off like no big deal it's the Pats but we haven't played well at all this year. That is on the HC and QB.

Ryan doesn't impress me, happy we have him but I won't slob all over him like everyone on here

The word is slobber. But thanks for playing. And what Ryan "really is as a QB" is: in the top 10 for rating and top 3 for TD:INT ratio.

Gimme a break.

No, I meant slob, thanks though.

You can be impressed with his below average stats, I'll live in reality.

Convenient how you took his very above average stats out of my reply when quoting me. But whatever, dude. If your reality is TRULY that you're a Falcons fan who believes your QB is horribly sub-par (which I highly doubt), then what a sad, sad reality that must be.

Ryan doesn't imress you, but however you are happy we have him. My guess is you are not a Falcons fan, maybe a fan of some other team, maybe even a Vick fan still hanging out. If you weren't impressed with him, you wouldn't be happy to have him on the team. I would say with the stats I posted, that puts him as a top 5-10 QB in the NFL right now, and you are not impressed.

So out of all the scenarios above, Matt is the most successful in a 4 wide set. So why are they still babying him. Let him roam free. I have all the confidence in the world that if they would have unleashed Matt in all of his gloryness against the pats, we would have won that game. New England mirrored what we should have looked like offensively, 4th down conversions and all. Except we would have looked better doing it.

Which 2 touchdowns impressed you? Just curious since he had 16 last year and 14 didn't impress you.

So out of all the scenarios above, Matt is the most successful in a 4 wide set. So why are they still babying him. Let him roam free. I have all the confidence in the world that if they would have unleashed Matt in all of his gloryness against the pats, we would have won that game. New England mirrored what we should have looked like offensively, 4th down conversions and all. Except we would have looked better doing it.

I was looking at that.

Also in 3 or more TE sets.

It seems like he does better the more complex the scheme--or at least the schemes that offer him the most options

It probably plays to his strengths of quick reading and good decision-making

Edited by rounz

I like how Ryan only haveing an average year got him the rookie of the year and a play off game.