Clemson at Maryland Game Thread.

SacFalcFan

Only Dabo could take a QB out after a TD drive (when you've managed one offensive TD in the last two games). Parker had found a rhythm. This game should be 21-3, but Dabo simply killed his offense and Parker's confidence with that bonehead decision. He put MD right back into this game. This guy is in way over his head.

Clemson's defense looks half-asleep. Now back to back false starts with a high school level crowd.

Only Dabo could take a QB out after a TD drive (when you've managed one offensive TD in the last two games). Parker had found a rhythm. This game should be 21-3, but Dabo simply killed his offense and Parker's confidence with that bonehead decision. He put MD right back into this game. This guy is in way over his head.

Clemson's defense looks half-asleep. Now back to back false starts with a high school level crowd.

i really don't understand dabo.. at times you think he knows what he is doing and then he does other junk.. now maryland is up 17 to 13 in this game..

i really don't understand dabo.. at times you think he knows what he is doing and then he does other junk.. now maryland is up 17 to 13 in this game..

I have no idea why Dabo didn't call a timeout during that last MD TD drive. He had timeouts left, and the defense was confused and out of position. He just lets Maryland drive up and down the field instead.

TCU picked up on Clemson not being able to handle misdirection out of a spread formation, and Maryland has started in on it too, now. Sapp and Bowers are getting blocked by guys who couldn't handle MTSU and James Madisons DEs.

Tommy Bowden could have done this, and it would have saved a LOT of money. Dabo shows you can whine to the media about playing time (re: Korn), and you will get to play.

I have no idea why Dabo didn't call a timeout during that last MD TD drive. He had timeouts left, and the defense was confused and out of position. He just lets Maryland drive up and down the field instead.

TCU picked up on Clemson not being able to handle misdirection out of a spread formation, and Maryland has started in on it too, now. Sapp and Bowers are getting blocked by guys who couldn't handle MTSU and James Madisons DEs.

Tommy Bowden could have done this, and it would have saved a LOT of money. Dabo shows you can whine to the media about playing time (re: Korn), and you will get to play.

i really am wondering what is clemson selling in order to guys like montavious (spelling?) bryant to commit to your team. Dabo is clearly overmatched and clemson doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Is it guys like bryant who grew up clemson fans? Is that what it is, because frankly there isn't much to clemson football right now. Not putting down your great school, just the direction of the program..

i really am wondering what is clemson selling in order to guys like montavious (spelling?) bryant to commit to your team. Dabo is clearly overmatched and clemson doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Is it guys like bryant who grew up clemson fans? Is that what it is, because frankly there isn't much to clemson football right now. Not putting down your great school, just the direction of the program..

I wasn't the least bit thrilled about hiring Dabo to be the head coach at any point, but I tried to be optimistic. I just thought he was a recruiter and a salesman with very little reason to be anything above a coordinator at this point in his career. Tommy Bowden pleaded with UAB and I think South Alabama (or another small Alabama school) to give Dabo a chance, and neither of them were even interested.

After the AD's comment about a nation-wide coaching search, it seemed border-line inept to openly admit Dabo was his first choice all along. I guess he likes admitting that he wasted the time of the other coaches interviewing for the job, especially considering Bud Foster gives off the impression he would do about anything to be our head coach. He was from what I know, even willing to keep Dabo on in some respect.

All of the worst fears about him are happening. The offensive line has been below average or flat out awful every year under Brad Scott, with the exception of one season with almost all seniors starting. Somehow, he held on to his job because he can recruit solid players, but do little with them upon arrival.

The wide receivers this season, outside of Ford, consistently drop big passes, commit holding penalties, and miss easy blocks. They are coached by none other than Jeff Scott, Brad's son.

The play-calling is bizarre, and lacks any sort of continuity. There are constant trick plays and goofy formations being called with most ending up with negative yardage or penalties. Last year, Rob Spence melted down, and needed a fresh start elsewhere, but he was never this bad.

There are so many lack of focus, stupid, stupid plays. Just now, Ellington wasn't paying attention (despite Ford and Spiller trying to tell him) on a punt, and it hit him, giving MD the ball right back after a defensive stop.

It seems this team plays to the level of their competition. This is a bad football game. Neither team has any business winning their division right now.

And somehow Clemson beat MTSU with relative ease. They just play down consistently to these low level ACC team.

Yeah, but you always manage to bring something approaching your "A game" when Carolina is on the other side of the field. Maybe that can change sometime in the very near future.

Yeah, but you always manage to bring something approaching your "A game" when Carolina is on the other side of the field. Maybe that can change sometime in the very near future.

Dabo will get them to go 6-6 or 7-5 with a win over South Carolina, so the mouth-breathing section of the fanbase will obnoxiously claim Dabo is on his way to greatness.

Dabo will get them to go 6-6 or 7-5 with a win over South Carolina, so the mouth-breathing section of the fanbase will obnoxiously claim Dabo is on his way to greatness.

So many in that fan base still live in the 80's when Danny Ford had them competing for a championship for so many years. It's those fans that made me despise Clemson for so long. Being a Gamecock fan there's always going to be some dislike for Clemson and vice versa, I'm sure.

After they won the NCG and were so solid in the following years there was a large slice of Clemson fans who thought the Tigers were predestined to win it all every year. If they lost a game it was because someone on the other team cheated or the refs were paid off. Even their radio guy, Jim Phillips, was quick to imply that Clemson didn't lose; they got robbed. I actually respect the radio announces they have now. If Clemson is stinking it up, they will say Clemson is stinking it up.

I remember the Clemson vs. UGA game where Kevin Butler kicked an 800 yard field :P goal to win it after the Clemson kicker missed one 1 play earlier, I believe. The ball was right around mid-field and Clemson tried a very long FG and missed it. SO UGA got the ball and sent Butler out and he nailed one. Phillips was absolutely certain that Clemson had been cheated in some way.

Oh, and BTW

You're not beating Carolina this year. We're gonna beat you by at least 14 points. B)