How many years before someone listens?

ATL Doc

I have said it for the last three years and I get called stupid and so on and so forth. If we don't get some big bodies in the middle that command a double team we will not win the big games. Right now Biermann and Abraham are great on the d-line but our DTs don't get a good push into the backfield consistently. Getting rid of Rod Coleman and Grady Jackson were bad moves. Shaun Rodgers would be a great addition to our team. He does not like to lose, but who does? Matt Ryan is a good QB and we have a good team but if we don't get pressure on the opposing QB with our front four consistently WE WILL NOT WIN!

I have said it for the last three years and I get called stupid and so on and so forth. If we don't get some big bodies in the middle that command a double team we will not win the big games. Right now Biermann and Abraham are great on the d-line but our DTs don't get a good push into the backfield consistently. Getting rid of Rod Coleman and Grady Jackson were bad moves. Shaun Rodgers would be a great addition to our team. He does not like to lose, but who does? Matt Ryan is a good QB and we have a good team but if we don't get pressure on the opposing QB with our front four consistently WE WILL NOT WIN!

What is Rod Coleman doing now = not playing in the NFL. I understand your idea, but you killed it when you mentioned players like Rod Coleman, Grady Jackson and i could see why people would say your ideas regarding this matter where stupid. We are not going to get Shaun Rodgers, this is not madden, and he has been a cancer to every team that he has been on so why would we want that cancer here. The Dline will be fine. Coach Smith already said that he wants his DT to be strong and quick, which doesnt mean they have to be 350lbs. Jerry was just a strong as he was quick.

Why are you in panic mode after one game.

What is Rod Coleman doing now = not playing in the NFL. I understand your idea, but you killed it when you mentioned players like Rod Coleman, Grady Jackson and i could see why people would say your ideas regarding this matter where stupid. We are not going to get Shaun Rodgers, this is not madden, and he has been a cancer to every team that he has been on so why would we want that cancer here. The Dline will be fine. Coach Smith already said that he wants his DT to be strong and quick, which doesnt mean they have to be 350lbs. Jerry was just a strong as he was quick.

Why are you in panic mode after one game.

I am not in panic mode at all and regardless of the players I mention if you can't understand the idea then look in the mirror for the stupidity. Regardless of the players we use WE NEED A PUSH THROUGH THE MIDDLE. Anyone can load up and push us off the line of scrimmage. If we can't pressure the QB and stop the run... You know you can talk to a rock but when you finish... it's still a rock.

I am not in panic mode at all and regardless of the players I mention if you can't understand the idea then look in the mirror for the stupidity. Regardless of the players we use WE NEED A PUSH THROUGH THE MIDDLE. Anyone can load up and push us off the line of scrimmage. If we can't pressure the QB and stop the run... You know you can talk to a rock but when you finish... it's still a rock.

Dude did you read what i put, i said I understand you idea. I do think that we need our current players like Babs, JOhnson, Lewis to step up in the absence of Jerry. If Lewis is unable to be effective hopefully the Rookie Walker can be effective. Getting pressure is not just about the DT, it is also about the ends that didnt get much pressure on Brady, but maybe it was because the Pats were using alot of Max protection schemes, which means that rushing 4 was not going to be that effective because the Pats have extra blocker, but maybe I am talking at a level which you may not seem to understand.

Ok let me get this straight. We drafted a DT in Jerry this year to do exactly what you're asking. It's not like Dimitrof and Co. need to "listen" to us but what exactly did they do wrong here. They drafted who we needed, he was showing great strides but suffered an unfortunate injury....sh** happens that's the NFL.

It's not as though you can just go pick an elite DT off the waiver wire when ever you want. There's a reason the position is held to such a premium in the league. So with that in mind who, other than the 2 washed up former Falcons and cancer Rodgers, would you suggest we go get?

I think its safe to say my position is that Johnson/Lewis will get the job done with more reps and experience. All this "bring 'em home TD" stuff equates to a big knee-jerk reaction to loosing to the f'in NE Patriots in their place, coming off a loss with an excellent game plan by their coaching staff.

Ok let me get this straight. We drafted a DT in Jerry this year to do exactly what you're asking. It's not like Dimitrof and Co. need to "listen" to us but what exactly did they do wrong here. They drafted who we needed, he was showing great strides but suffered an unfortunate injury....sh** happens that's the NFL.

It's not as though you can just go pick an elite DT off the waiver wire when ever you want. There's a reason the position is held to such a premium in the league. So with that in mind who, other than the 2 washed up former Falcons and cancer Rodgers, would you suggest we go get?

I think its safe to say my position is that Johnson/Lewis will get the job done with more reps and experience. All this "bring 'em home TD" stuff equates to a big knee-jerk reaction to loosing to the f'in NE Patriots in their place, coming off a loss with an excellent game plan by their coaching staff.

I dont get it Goalline, but the positive that i can somewhat take from the last game is the fact that maybe Jerry had more of an impact than i initially thought, hopefully he heals and comes back ready to go next year.

I dont get it Goalline, but the positive that i can somewhat take from the last game is the fact that maybe Jerry had more of an impact than i initially thought, hopefully he heals and comes back ready to go next year.

Yep! I'm certainly a believer that Jerry is the real deal.....just hope the injury bug doesn't haunt him for his career :(

Dude did you read what i put, i said I understand you idea. I do think that we need our current players like Babs, JOhnson, Lewis to step up in the absence of Jerry. If Lewis is unable to be effective hopefully the Rookie Walker can be effective. Getting pressure is not just about the DT, it is also about the ends that didnt get much pressure on Brady, but maybe it was because the Pats were using alot of Max protection schemes, which means that rushing 4 was not going to be that effective because the Pats have extra blocker, but maybe I am talking at a level which you may not seem to understand.

In the Patriots game Light simply help Abraham on almost every play. When the camera showed Abraham, it always showed light grabbing his shoulder pads. The reason I am stressing DT position because our DEs force the QB to step up into the pocket. Even when we blitzed we didn't get much pressure. DeCoud and Peterson were great additions. Our corners can cover but the don't catch well. I honestly believe we will be a Superbowl contender as soon as we get a consistent pass rush.

My question to you is if Babs, Lewis and Johnson could do it, why have they had people starting in front of them? I want to see what Walker can do. (Oh yea, I'd like DeAngelo Hall back too. He and Houston would be good together.)

In the Patriots game Light simply help Abraham on almost every play. When the camera showed Abraham, it always showed light grabbing his shoulder pads. The reason I am stressing DT position because our DEs force the QB to step up into the pocket. Even when we blitzed we didn't get much pressure. DeCoud and Peterson were great additions. Our corners can cover but the don't catch well. I honestly believe we will be a Superbowl contender as soon as we get a consistent pass rush.

My question to you is if Babs, Lewis and Johnson could do it, why have they had people starting in front of them? I want to see what Walker can do. (Oh yea, I'd like DeAngelo Hall back too. He and Houston would be good together.)

Jerry is the only person that was listed as a starter over Lewis and Johnson, but since he is hurt we need Lewis and Johnson to step up. I think that we may see Walker sooner than later if Trey Lewis plays like hte did last game, but Johnson got a good amount of reps even when Jerry was playing.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing, saying "We DON'T need a push in the middle."

Sadly, those types of guys are falling from trees. The best guys get paid sick money to play DT in a 3-4, or get drafted very high in the draft. Look at Jenkins, Haolti (or something like that from the Ravens), Wilfork, Ratliff in Dallas, etc.

It's like saying we need a shut down corner. There are only a handful in the NFL right now that even come close to that. Outside of Revis or Alphabet in Oakland I don't think there are any.

And you have to give the front office some credit for not ignoring the situation. We did make a play for Haynesworth, and we drafted a defensive tackle with our first pick, and another in the 7th, and picked up a FA.

If it was as easy as signing some shlub on the streets we would have already done it.

We should also give some time for Jefferson and Trey to get back into midseason form, considering neither has played for a few years.

Grady Jackson nor Rod Coleman played badly for us. Rod kept getting hurt in the off season (I agree that's stupid of him) and we simply got rid of Grady. Jerry was a great addition but we need more than one. When our line consisted of Kerney, Coleman, Jackson and Abraham it was much better. Now I believe Biermann is a good replacement for Kerney and Jerry for Jackson when he comes back but with him hurt the middle of our line is not getting it done. I would've tried Tank Johnson. Rodgers is a cancer because he hates loosing. Moss was a cancer... winning cures cancer in the NFL.

Grady Jackson nor Rod Coleman played badly for us. Rod kept getting hurt in the off season (I agree that's stupid of him) and we simply got rid of Grady. Jerry was a great addition but we need more than one. When our line consisted of Kerney, Coleman, Jackson and Abraham it was much better. Now I believe Biermann is a good replacement for Kerney and Jerry for Jackson when he comes back but with him hurt the middle of our line is not getting it done. I would've tried Tank Johnson. Rodgers is a cancer because he hates loosing. Moss was a cancer... winning cures cancer in the NFL.

Wrong Grady was horrible for us last year, he could not demand double teams like he used to and teams were blocking him one-on-one and yet Grady still struggled to get off blocks. Rodgers is not a team player. Kerney and Abraham played together for a short while due to injuries, so what are you talking about. AS it has already been stated, no Probowl DT is available for us to sign, and you cant just make a player like you can do in Madden. YOu are going on and on about something that we have no control over. Stop rehasing the past, we drafted two DT to take care of our weakness in the middle unfortunately the first round DT we chose got injured. Stop Whinning my good man.

I know exactly what you're saying. We made too many changes too soon to the DL--it should have been a more gradual process. I know they didn't want to pay the vets that they figured were in their declining years. If you want all younger, quicker players then there's gonna be some pain and suffering until they learn to hold the gaps. Smith had bigger DTs at Jacksonville who were just as quick, so 320+ is not necessarily slow these days. He's not going to push the middle with this group of DTs though...unless he puts them on a major weight gain/strength program in the off season.

I've watched NFL games for more years than most on this board have been alive.

One firm, unquestioned FACT in this league remains............if you do not pressure or sack the opposing QB consistantly you will be watching the late round playoffs and Super Bowl on TV. NO QUESTION ABOUT IT.

You can come up with flimsy excuses and examples of contradiction.

Save it.

No torrid pass rush..........CONSISTANTLY.............you lose.

End of story.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing, saying "We DON'T need a push in the middle."

Sadly, those types of guys are falling from trees. The best guys get paid sick money to play DT in a 3-4, or get drafted very high in the draft. Look at Jenkins, Haolti (or something like that from the Ravens), Wilfork, Ratliff in Dallas, etc.

It's like saying we need a shut down corner. There are only a handful in the NFL right now that even come close to that. Outside of Revis or Alphabet in Oakland I don't think there are any.

And you have to give the front office some credit for not ignoring the situation. We did make a play for Haynesworth, and we drafted a defensive tackle with our first pick, and another in the 7th, and picked up a FA.

If it was as easy as signing some shlub on the streets we would have already done it.

We should also give some time for Jefferson and Trey to get back into midseason form, considering neither has played for a few years.

you are so right

Well, like I said before our evil diabolical plan of drafting Jerry and having him get injured for the season backfired on us. Not sure what we were thinking having him get hurt. We had it all planned out too.

1. Draft Jerry

2. Get pressure.

3. Season Ending Injury

4. PROFIT DUH

Thank you for saving me the trouble.

Quoting for truthfulness

Not sure what is expected here...we drafted a monster DT with speed, strength, and quickness and he went down. Now we have to make due.

In Madden all you have to do is get a guy and put him in. As Jaymadd said, make one up. In RL you have to teach a guy your scheme for a week or two. So its not really "In The Game"...LOL.

Really, we have guys who can really play. We just played and lost to the Patriots...