Favorite Madden playbook

Favorite Defensive playbook  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Defensive playbook

So what do you do to stop the wildcat??????? I got so fed up I stopped using the falcons because the defense is so week. I feel people are over using the wildcat as well........I'm going into retirement for a while

It's easy. Go with a 4-6 2man press or something to that effect and show blitz before the snap. If you have an idea which side it may be(their main RB), just shift the lb's and crash the line that direction. You could also play it safe on both sides and just spread your lb's out and shift the line to the strong side.

The Falcons can have fire defense. I have shifted my depth chart around a lot and go with the Jets playbook now. I stick to the 3-4 and 4-6 mostly but the nickle is pretty nice also. You can pitch shut outs with it. The cover 2 works pretty sweet with my depth chart and schemes.

Edited by {=Mojo-Risin=}

It's easy. Go with a 4-6 2man press or something to that effect and show blitz before the snap. If you have an idea which side it may be(their main RB), just shift the lb's and crash the line that direction. You could also play it safe on both sides and just spread your lb's out and shift the line to the strong side.

The Falcons can have fire defense. I have shifted my depth chart around a lot and go with the Jets playbook now. I stick to the 3-4 and 4-6 mostly but the nickle is pretty nice also. You can pitch shut outs with it. The cover 2 works pretty sweet with my depth chart and schemes.

I'll give it a shot my friend.........I'm guessing you put Peterson on the inside with lofton? Who do you have at outside and on the line?

I'll give it a shot my friend.........I'm guessing you put Peterson on the inside with lofton? Who do you have at outside and on the line?

(right to left)

In 3-4:

LB's: Abe, Nicholas, Lofton, Peterson

Line: Biermann, Babs, Davis

----------

4-6:

LB's: Abe, Lofton, Peterson

Line: Biermann, Anderson, Babs, Davis

-----------

The main Nickel I run is 3-3-5 and 1-5-5

LB's: Abe, Lofton, Peterson

1-1-5:

LB's: Abe, Coleman(for more tackle, hit power, block shed, pursuit, play recognition and catch than Wire), Lofton, Nicholas, Peterson

Babs is on the line.

------------

Dime:

LB's: Lofton

Line: Biermann, Abe, Babs, Davis

-----------

Starting CB's

Hill

Houston

Williams

Grimes

Jackson

-----------

Starting Safeties:

Coleman SS and Decoud FS

-----------

I moved Abe to LB for the increased Acceleration, awareness and tackle increase over Wire. Then moved him inside the line on Dime to keep some pressure and I always manually use the DT's to rush. Even though Abe is an OLB in my scheme, my calls keep him on the line on the right side so he has a much better chance of coming free. Majority of the plays I call still keep 4 or 5 rushing but just in different places. I rush Abe more than any other though. So basically when i want to create pressure, I'm bringing 4 lineman while still in the 3-4. It's just I have overloaded the right side with Biermann and Abe along with the Dline shift I can bring both Abe and Peterson to create a strong 5 man rush. I can contain most plays with that and I always play press. Lofton and Nicholas are pretty solid on the tackles. With an obvious runner, "show blitz" with coverage and the play doesn't get much unless they break many tackles.

It's good for a lot of tight cover 2. The right package just depends on the Offense/team and their play style. It works good for me.

Edited by {=Mojo-Risin=}