ok what should we do

ATX512

we drafted moore to play SS.

coleman is not comfortable a SS, and was good last year at FS

decoud is improving each game, also has more range than coleman

SO WHO PLAYS N WHO SITS???

I think that Decoud should stay at FS, because of his range and speed. Coleman has been ok in the run, but it is suprising that Coleman is struggling in coverage. I think that Moore will sub in for either one, but i dont see Moore starting this year. Even Coach Smith said that Decoud is playing better than they expected him too, so why stunt his development.

I think that Decoud should stay at FS, because of his range and speed. Coleman has been ok in the run, but it is suprising that Coleman is struggling in coverage. I think that Moore will sub in for either one, but i dont see Moore starting this year. Even Coach Smith said that Decoud is playing better than they expected him too, so why stunt his development.

ya i agree... the last thing we wanna do is pull decoud cuz hes developing.. so i think moore might not see the field much this year.. nxt year it'll be open competition between moore n coleman

i think we'll stick with decoud at FS and coleman at SS for this year (if it aint broke don't fix it) and we'll sub moore in for coleman a couple of plays per game so that he can get his feet wet. i don't think anyone really expected for decoud to play as well as he has been.

yep, injuries is the only way i see moore starting this year.

i think we'll stick with decoud at FS and coleman at SS for this year (if it aint broke don't fix it) and we'll sub moore in for coleman a couple of plays per game so that he can get his feet wet. i don't think anyone really expected for decoud to play as well as he has been.

I agree, especially since i already said it LOL

I agree, especially since i already said it LOL

lol didn't see your post. it'll be interesting to see how things pan out though in the long run. i think coleman is a MUCH better FS than SS, which would leave us with two really good FS assuming moore could eventually rip away the SS job. maybe one of those guys could be trade bait.

lol didn't see your post. it'll be interesting to see how things pan out though in the long run. i think coleman is a MUCH better FS than SS, which would leave us with two really good FS assuming moore could eventually rip away the SS job. maybe one of those guys could be trade bait.

Hopefully we can get good trade bait, because we really need to take advantage of the talent in next years draft, especially in the earlier rounds.

DeCoud is doing a great job at a FS. He made some plays and is doing a good job reading run vs. pass. I don't know if moving Coleman back to FS and starting Moore at SS is an improvement for the team. Since Moore has the size, maybe he can be groomed to be a LB like Carolina did with Thomas Davis.

DeCoud is doing a great job at a FS. He made some plays and is doing a good job reading run vs. pass. I don't know if moving Coleman back to FS and starting Moore at SS is an improvement for the team. Since Moore has the size, maybe he can be groomed to be a LB like Carolina did with Thomas Davis.

MOre is 220 he is not going to play LB. MOore has good size and speed for Safety. If we were going to move him to LB we would not have drafted Moore in the Second Round. If Moore gets snaps, he will probably be replacing Coleman.

The thing is that we need a SS to help with the run.And Moore is the only true SS in the roster.

I agree. DeCoud is a rangy guy with good speed and is getting more comfortable every game at FS, Coleman is the vet who is about average at everthing which means he is solid starter. He isnt a big hitter and his play recognition was better at FS than it is at SS. His vision allowed him to make up for the lack of speed but at SS its read and react and you see and have to attack the play a lot faster from the SS position. I believe Moore is exactly what we need at SS, that is why we drafted him early 2nd round.

Good question but now the next question.

Everyone is wanting Moore and Tye Hill to get playing time either starting or subbing.

So far these two have been inactive on game day (not dressed out)

So if they become active, who sits? Most likely it will be two other DBs

ie two of these three C Jackson, C. Owens, A. Harris

Who do you pick?

The problem is that Coleman is having no effect on the game. We have 8 men in the box and we are still getting killed against a team that does not have a great rushing offense.

Coleman just doesn't fit well at SS. That is why I see Moore starting by week 10 or sooner. DeCoud has much more range than Coleman had, but doesn't quite have the hands for the interception. He had one of his best outings against one of the top QBs in the league. It is no way we can pull him for Coleman.

Keep DeCoud at FS, start Moore at SS, and trade Coleman to a team in need of a FS in the offseason.

We might could keep Coleman for depth at FS, but he might not take becoming a backup too well.

Good question but now the next question.

Everyone is wanting Moore and Tye Hill to get playing time either starting or subbing.

So far these two have been inactive on game day (not dressed out)

So if they become active, who sits? Most likely it will be two other DBs

ie two of these three C Jackson, C. Owens, A. Harris

Who do you pick?

Jackson and Harris imo.

You watch Big 12 football, you know how nasty Moore is going to be. Right off the bat he brings something that is severely lacking to our secondary....size

In my opinion I think Coleman may be on his way out or end up switching to NB unless Moore doesn't develop like he should this year. We might end up seeing Moore and DeCoud at safety sooner than later. It's a shame too, because Coleman was good for us last year and hasn't even really been bad this year, just average. Of course, having too much starting quality talent at a position has never been good. Competition brings the best out of players, and the talent we can't put on the field can potentially lead to additional future draft picks or a trade for a talented player at a position of need. At worse though we will have great back-ups.

It would be nice to see Moore play ONE SNAP of live NFL Football before even concidering him to start. That said, right now our safies are nothing special against the run or pass.

Moore and coleman will start, decoud will come off the bench.

Decoud isnt better than coleman as a FS not to mention isnt as experienced, and moore is an obvious starting safety.

Moore is an obvious Starter? Based on his college career?

First, Moore has to stay healthy. Second physical ability does not translate into performance in the NFL. Hundreds of great college players wash out of the NFL and virtually all of them are physically gifted. I am anxious to see Moore play. We need a hitter in the secondary, let’s not anoint him before he shows he can do it at this level.

Believe me, I WANT Moore to be the guy. I just don’t know that we have any evidence that his it it yet.

OUr Safety play has been solid, we havent seen too many deep passes so far.

That pretty much means that DeCoud has been solid. Coleman has been in the box for 75-85% of the time.

He has no effect on the game there. We have 8 men in the box and we still are getting run over.... that can't happen. He also hasn't really impressed me covering TEs.

Coleman is a FS..... he will never be comfortable playing SS and that is why I see Moore starting by week 10 or sooner.