A positive post for this friday

markdzul

Think about it guys. We are 2 and one against two division winners from last year. We have one of the best young quarterbacks in the game that will only get better over the next 8 to 10 years. We have a good running attack that is still in early season form. We have improved our roster twice with free agent pickups during the season. Chris Houston seems to be playing better as the season goes on. We have youth in our defensive line and linebacking core. We have not only one of the youngest but one of the most talented wide reciever corp in the NFL. Last years executive of the year in TD. Last years coach of the year in Smitty. An owner who is generous enough to almost break the bank for all Falcon Fans but is smart enough to get out of the way unlike most other owners. And we are in the middle of having two weeks to prep for a team who just lost their all pro running back for a month. Just wanted to remind some of you guys out there all is not bad in Hotlanta...... Go Falcons...... Have a great weekend.......

Good post, man, and I generally agree with your assessment as things stand right now.

That said, however, I would like to see this team develop a more aggressive attitude - on both sides of the ball. Oddly enough, I think we had that on offense last year in Ryan's rookie season, but it seems to me that there's something missing from this year's team in that regard. On defense, we just sit back, almost politely, in our usual 4-3 look, and we rarely blitz, we rarely try and disguise coverages, and the pass rush is virtually non-existent.

I don't mean to rain on your positivity here, but there's something missing from this team; not anything huge or glaring, just some tweaks here and there that Smitty and the guys need to address, and from what I've been reading, they're using the bye week to focus on getting back to the basics, which I think is what's needed right now.

Good post, man, and I generally agree with your assessment as things stand right now.

That said, however, I would like to see this team develop a more aggressive attitude - on both sides of the ball. Oddly enough, I think we had that on offense last year in Ryan's rookie season, but it seems to me that there's something missing from this year's team in that regard. On defense, we just sit back, almost politely, in our usual 4-3 look, and we rarely blitz, we rarely try and disguise coverages, and the pass rush is virtually non-existent.

I don't mean to rain on your positivity here, but there's something missing from this team; not anything huge or glaring, just some tweaks here and there that Smitty and the guys need to address, and from what I've been reading, they're using the bye week to focus on getting back to the basics, which I think is what's needed right now.

I agree 100% I just hope we can get that swagger back we had last season.