Question about the QB's ear piece...

Birdz

QB's have earpieces that allow them to hear the plays being called.....so, if this is the case, what stops a coach from yelling such things as, "look out! there's a guy coming on your blind side!"...helping the QB to avoid a sac.. Just curious....

QB's have earpieces that allow them to hear the plays being called.....so, if this is the case, what stops a coach from yelling such things as, "look out! there's a guy coming on your blind side!"...helping the QB to avoid a sac? Just curious....

I Believe i read that The NFL sound tech's turn it off when they break the huddle

I am pretty sure it is related to the play clock. I will see what I can find, but I want to say it is turned off when the play clock hits 20 seconds left.

Not sure to the exact second, but you are correct on the earpiece being turned off after a certain time.

Ironically in the movie " The 6th Day" which is showing now on Showtime, at the beggining there is a football game in the future and the QB's visor has information on it, and it warned that a blitz was possible.

I don't see the difficulty in finding a backway to provide the information to the QB unless you have someone 'eavesdropping' on the communication, which if you have a well paid employee of the company that is providing the tech feeding you that info, you have the easy road.

Wouldn't it be interesting to learn that a qb that had heretofore appeared to be so good at pocket presence and eluding oncoming pressure and sacks had been getting a feed from the sideline re: oncoming traffic and maybe even WR's that happen to be open..... :):)

Wouldn't it be interesting to learn that a qb that had heretofore appeared to be so good at pocket presence and eluding oncoming pressure and sacks had been getting a feed from the sideline re: oncoming traffic and maybe even WR's that happen to be open..... :):)

I'd be cool with that as long as defenders couldn't get called for any kind of pass interference. Anything goes.