LE K Biermann/C Davis/L Sidbury

LCB: C Houston

RCB: T Hill/C Jackson

Nickel: C Jackson/T Hill

Dime: B Grimes/ B Williams

FS E Coleman

SS W Moore/T Decoud

Jerrys injury left a huge hole in our D that NE exposed

Babineaux is 27, in his 5th year, 2nd under this D co-ordinator and coming off his contract extension. He has 6 tackles. This unacceptable.

So who's left?

Trey Lewis, Thomas Johnson and Vance Walker pretty much.

We really need everyone in this group to step up.

At end on run downs it should be Davis and Anderson, keep Abe rested. On pass D Anderson has no business at end its Abe Davis and Biermann. We should start working Sidbury in to make this a 4 man rotation. We should use Sidbury to give Chancey a rest, he jsut needs to get heat on the QB.

At LB weve got to go with what weve got but we need to start playing downhill on run blitzes and the pass rush, especially Stephen Nicholas.

In the secondary Id like to see some major changes coming out of the bye week. When I saw Brent Grimes on an island in the red zone against Randy Moss I put my face in the palm of my hand.

I'd like to see us shift Coleman back to FS and assuming they're healthy and up to date with the play book insert Moore at SS and Hill and Jackson at the #2 and nickel corner positions, which gives us considerably more talent on the field than Decoud and Brian Williams/Brent Grimes

Watching the game Decoud looked like he was playing fast but dropped 2 easy picks is small and didnt seem to make much of an impact on the game. William Moore has atleast 20 pounds on Decoud and gives us a chance to bring safety blitzes as well as a well documented much more playmaking college career

Brian Williams made a good play breaking up a deep pass to Moss but is definately more of a veteran than an athlete at this poitn

Tye Hill was the first corner drafted in 2006 and if healthy is probably our best athlete in the secondary

wow a good post asking a good actual football question and it gets hijacked again.

I actually agree with you on the secondary. Last year Chevis was great in the nickel and Coleman was at his best as the FS. We need to get back to this. Moore was drafted to be the SS so lets get him in the action if he is healthy. Chevis knock is his speed but he plays fast and is physical. I think he could be a solid cover 2 corner. LB's are what we have I do not see anything that could be done to help this group. DL is still in a rotation and all of them need to pick up their game. I also would like to see Sid get some more snaps to at least know what he is.

Run D

RE C Davis

UT J Babineaux/ V Walker

NT T Lewis/ T Johnson

LE J Anderson

Pass D

RE J Abraham

UT J Babineaux/J Anderson

NT T Lewis/V Walker/T Johnson

LE K Biermann/C Davis/L Sidbury

LCB: C Houston

RCB: T Hill/C Jackson

Nickel: C Jackson/T Hill

Dime: B Grimes/ B Williams

FS E Coleman

SS W Moore/T Decoud

Jerrys injury left a huge hole in our D that NE exposed

Babineaux is 27, in his 5th year, 2nd under this D co-ordinator and coming off his contract extension. He has 6 tackles. This unacceptable.

So who's left?

Trey Lewis, Thomas Johnson and Vance Walker pretty much.

We really need everyone in this group to step up.

At end on run downs it should be Davis and Anderson, keep Abe rested. On pass D Anderson has no business at end its Abe Davis and Biermann. We should start working Sidbury in to make this a 4 man rotation. We should use Sidbury to give Chancey a rest, he jsut needs to get heat on the QB.

At LB weve got to go with what weve got but we need to start playing downhill on run blitzes and the pass rush, especially Stephen Nicholas.

In the secondary Id like to see some major changes coming out of the bye week. When I saw Brent Grimes on an island in the red zone against Randy Moss I put my face in the palm of my hand.

I'd like to see us shift Coleman back to FS and assuming they're healthy and up to date with the play book insert Moore at SS and Hill and Jackson at the #2 and nickel corner positions, which gives us considerably more talent on the field than Decoud and Brian Williams/Brent Grimes

Watching the game Decoud looked like he was playing fast but dropped 2 easy picks is small and didnt seem to make much of an impact on the game. William Moore has atleast 20 pounds on Decoud and gives us a chance to bring safety blitzes as well as a well documented much more playmaking college career

Brian Williams made a good play breaking up a deep pass to Moss but is definately more of a veteran than an athlete at this poitn

Tye Hill was the first corner drafted in 2006 and if healthy is probably our best athlete in the secondary

I agree that we need our DT's to step up. The problem that we are facing with our DE rotation is the fact that if DAvis and Anderson are in on supposed running downs and the team decides to pass, then we might face trouble generating a pass rush on the outside, because our best pass rushers are on the bench. The same goes if it is 2nd and long and we bring in Abe/Beirmann on the outside then we have out so-called run defending DE on the bench. WE need to find a nice combination of the two until it is an obvious passing down. My proposal is DAvis at LDE and Sidbury at RDE on running downs, unless it is an obvious running down. As far as your opinion about our LB in regards to we have to deal with what we have. We have a good group at LB, but i do think they need to improve on their pass defense.

Regarding our secondary I think that Decoud is making his mark at FS, he has better range and is faster than coleman, coleman has been kind of struggling in pass coverage, so I think that Decoud will stay at FS and he gives us more range. I think that MOore will likely see rotation with coleman at SS, if he comes in at all. DEcoud is showing continued improvement throughtout the games he has played in. WE need to not harp on the fact that he dropped those INT, he is still learing and I believe that he will come up with those as he continues to improve.

I have no idea what to do in regards to our CB's. They have not played at that bad during the season, and Grimes did an ok job against Moss, it was williams that Moss beat more than Grimes.