Possible 2010 freeagent signings

atljbo

() = when freeagency comes next year age

D-Lineman

6'4 260lbs DE Aaron Kampman (30):The guy is still a elite DE. The guy does not fit in the Packers 3-4 scheme.

6'3 295lbs DT Tony Brown (29): Tony Brown is a monster but he gets over looked because of Albert Haynesworth and Kyle Vanden Bosch... Kyle Vanden Bosch is a freeagent next year so he is the titans first priority.... The titans has Javon Haye, Jason Jones,Kevin Vickerson, and rookie Sen'Derrick Marks (2nd round pic)

6'6 335lbs DT Anthony Montgomery (26):Anthony Montgomery is a big run stopper DT that can also generate some penetration.... Anthony Montgomery wants to go somewhere else so he could get more playing time

6'4 317lbs DT Fred Robbins (33): Even Fred Robbins has sad that he relize that this may be his last year with the Giants... The signed Rocky Benard, Chris Canty and is very high on Jay Alford.

CB's

5'10 185lbs CB Dunta Robinson(28): Dunta is one heck of ah CB... The #1 type CB that we need.... He wants to play near home (georgia) but will also cost allot of money.

6'0 190lbs CB Carlos Rogers (28): Another Georgia native.... I feel like Carlos Rogers is one of the most under-rated CB's in the league... Carlos Rogers has enough physicality that would fit nicely in our scheme.... His only down fall has been that he has had small injuries.

6'0 196lbs CB Marlin Jackson (26): With the Colts aiming to sign FS Bethea and After giving Kelvin Hayden that big contract the Colts will have to let Marlin Jackson walk.... Marlin Jackson would fit in our scheme nicely.

6'1 193lbs CB Leigh Bodden (28): I really like Leigh Bodden.... I remember once upon a time Chad Johnson called him the best CB in the league.... Leigh Bodden signed a one year contract so he could put some good tape out there for next year's Freeagency.... The Patriots has allot of young CB's that eill step up in the depth chart next year.... I think Leigh Bodden would be a very nice fit in our scheme.

Others

6'4 260lbs DE Adewale Ogunleye (32)

6'4 335lbs DT Gabe Watson (26)

6'0 205lbs CB Will Blackman (25): I feel like this guy just need a chance to start.... I liked Will Blackmon coming out of college.

6'5 310lbs DT Kevin Vickerson (27): I feel like all this dude needs is to get some time to shine (real playing time) and he will shine

A restricted FA ..... I am super high on Tramon Williams.... I think dude can be a top 5 CB in this league

That is who we need to look at. We should really put out a good deal for him and see if the Packers match it.

We have the money and we definitely need the upgrade.

That is who we need to look at. We should really put out a good deal for him and see if the Packers match it.

We have the money and we definitely need the upgrade.

I'm pretty sure the Packers will put a 1st round tender on Tramon Williams...... The only way i would pay a first round pick for Tramon Williams if we signed him to a super contract friendly contract..... (6 year deal for 5 million a year)

I dont see TD spending a 1st round pick on Tramon Williams.... But dude is really really good

I'm pretty sure the Packers will put a 1st round tender on Tramon Williams...... The only way i would pay a first round pick for Tramon Williams if we signed him to a super contract friendly contract..... (6 year deal for 5 million a year)

I dont see TD spending a 1st round pick on Tramon Williams.... But dude is really really good

Why wouldn't TD give a 1st round pick? I don't know what the problem is, but a lot of folks act like 1st round picks are soooooo valuable. They are good, but when you have a chance to grab a good player, you have to take it.

Isn't the goal to find good players?

I know we would have to sign him to a new deal, but that is fine with me. We have the money and we definitely need the help.

I don't think getting one of the best young CBs in the league is a waste of a 1st round pick, but that is just my opinion.

D-Lineman

6'4 260lbs DE Aaron Kampman (30):The guy is still a elite DE. The guy does not fit in the Packers 3-4 scheme.

CB's

6'0 190lbs CB Carlos Rogers (28): Another Georgia native.... I feel like Carlos Rogers is one of the most under-rated CB's in the league... Carlos Rogers has enough physicality that would fit nicely in our scheme.... His only down fall has been that he has had small injuries.

Others

6'0 205lbs CB Will Blackman (25): I feel like this guy just need a chance to start.... I liked Will Blackmon coming out of college.

I like any of these guys. I think Gabe could be a good pick up at NT and could play NT in our 3-4 hybrid lineups.

You should add Vince Wilfork to that free agent list.

Because of the potential uncapped 2010 season a player needs to have 6 years or more to become an UFA. Marlin Jackson and Carlos Rogers would be RFAs.

We definitely need to focus on the D-line in the offseason.

The Patriots are working on a extension with Vince Wilfork.... The Redskins has been trying to trade Carlos Rogers for the last 2 offseason.... They have D-Hall, Smoot and they really like rookie Kevin Barnes.... I think its a chance that they let him walk....... I'm not sure about the Colts..... Its a good chance that they might sign him..... I

Why wouldn't TD give a 1st round pick? I don't know what the problem is, but a lot of folks act like 1st round picks are soooooo valuable. They are good, but when you have a chance to grab a good player, you have to take it.

Isn't the goal to find good players?

I know we would have to sign him to a new deal, but that is fine with me. We have the money and we definitely need the help.

I don't think getting one of the best young CBs in the league is a waste of a 1st round pick, but that is just my opinion.

Because TD has said he would never trade a 1st round pick for a player..... The guy specialty as a GM is finding talent in the draft...... I want tramon Williams as a Falcon but no way would TD trade a 1st round pick......

I really do think we need a CB with experience .... Not another Rookie CB.... Ive been told that Antonio Cromartie may be up froe grabs for a 2nd and 5th round pick next offseason....

AND

6'6 335lbs DT Anthony Montgomery (26):Anthony Montgomery is a big run stopper DT that can also generate some penetration.... Anthony Montgomery wants to go somewhere else so he could get more playing time

OR

6'1 193lbs CB Leigh Bodden (28): I really like Leigh Bodden.... I remember once upon a time Chad Johnson called him the best CB in the league.... Leigh Bodden signed a one year contract so he could put some good tape out there for next year's Freeagency.... The Patriots has allot of young CB's that eill step up in the depth chart next year.... I think Leigh Bodden would be a very nice fit in our scheme.

IF NOT

AND

I really hope we pick up one of those big men to clog the middle of the D Line

If we were to acquire Kampman and one of those corners plus a big man, We talkin Superbowl, and Im not usually one to say that

but those guys would be really good pickups on top the young guys gaining experience now the defense would be rock solid.

Because TD has said he would never trade a 1st round pick for a player..... The guy specialty as a GM is finding talent in the draft...... I want tramon Williams as a Falcon but no way would TD trade a 1st round pick......

I really do think we need a CB with experience .... Not another Rookie CB.... Ive been told that Antonio Cromartie may be up froe grabs for a 2nd and 5th round pick next offseason....

So in other words, a 1st round rookie CB or pick would be more valuable than Tramon Williams?

I know TD said he wouldn't trade a 1st round pick, but if the right situation presents itself, I think he would pull the trigger.

The only advantage to drafting a player is that they are usually younger and can give a team more years. In this case, Williams is only 26 years old, which is not too much older than what a rookie would be.

Unless we are picking a Franchise QB or LT, I don't think any other pick would be more valuable than getting a young player like Williams.

D-Lineman

6'3 295lbs DT Tony Brown (29): Tony Brown is a monster but he gets over looked because of Albert Haynesworth and Kyle Vanden Bosch... Kyle Vanden Bosch is a freeagent next year so he is the titans first priority.... The titans has Javon Haye, Jason Jones,Kevin Vickerson, and rookie Sen'Derrick Marks (2nd round pic)

6'4 317lbs DT Fred Robbins (33): Even Fred Robbins has sad that he relize that this may be his last year with the Giants... The signed Rocky Benard, Chris Canty and is very high on Jay Alford.

CB's

5'10 185lbs CB Dunta Robinson(28): Dunta is one heck of ah CB... The #1 type CB that we need.... He wants to play near home (georgia) but will also cost allot of money.

6'0 196lbs CB Marlin Jackson (26): With the Colts aiming to sign FS Bethea and After giving Kelvin Hayden that big contract the Colts will have to let Marlin Jackson walk.... Marlin Jackson would fit in our scheme nicely.

Others

6'5 310lbs DT Kevin Vickerson (27): I feel like all this dude needs is to get some time to shine (real playing time) and he will shine

Don't forget about J.P. (Panthers)

Yeah I do think he'll be a FA this year but with the departure is almost certain that the Pats will try to resign him.

So far the Pats and Wilfork have done a lot of talking, but I'm sure he'll test FA if they don't offer him what he thinks he deserves (which could be in the Haynesworth range). I'd love to get him, but he'll want too much money.

Edited by falcon82