How long can our offense last?

I think next year's draft will be a lot for depth.

I think you'd want to get a backup TE, backup QB, and backup RB for the offense. Definitely a backup TE to build off of Gonzo's work ethic.

I like the idea of a young, talented TE learning his first couple of years from Gonzo. That would be awesome!

I think you'd want to get a backup TE, backup QB, and backup RB for the offense. Definitely a backup TE to build off of Gonzo's work ethic.

No need to replace Redman. We have two younger guys who may or may not be able to step in at the 3rd spot. Backup tight end is a must.

But I really think with the OL play we have been seeing, plus our lack of depth at tackle, we need an OT.

And after seeing McClure getting blown up this week, I will say what I said last year, which is we should look at a center.

I'm hoping defense really gels, and I can't imagine investing a high pick on anything but OLB. We have plenty on the defensive line, and our 12+ corners should be enough.

No need to replace Redman. We have two younger guys who may or may not be able to step in at the 3rd spot. Backup tight end is a must.

But I really think with the OL play we have been seeing, plus our lack of depth at tackle, we need an OT.

And after seeing McClure getting blown up this week, I will say what I said last year, which is we should look at a center.

I'm hoping defense really gels, and I can't imagine investing a high pick on anything but OLB. We have plenty on the defensive line, and our 12+ corners should be enough.

Redman isn't a Falcon next year unless we give him another contract. JPW might be a good backup, but I'd rather go ahead and grab a backup in the draft.

Shockley had his time, he will never be the #2.

Redman isn't a Falcon next year unless we give him another contract. JPW might be a good backup, but I'd rather go ahead and grab a backup in the draft.

Shockley had his time, he will never be the #2.

They kept Shock on the PS (probably to appease the UGA fans). JPW I guess made the number 3 after his preseason wasn't as awful as Shock's.

BUT what is the reason to draft a backup QB? We have Redman for cheap (there is obviously no rush to sign him) or we have a rookie backing up Ryan?

I like the idea of a young, talented TE learning his first couple of years from Gonzo. That would be awesome!

I'mma thinkin' that Jermaine Gresham would be an excellent TG pupil if he can get back in 5 months & be ready for the combine. He should drop to the bottom part of the 1st round, which is where we'd hopefully be.

I'mma thinkin' that Jermaine Gresham would be an excellent TG pupil if he can get back in 5 months & be ready for the combine. He should drop to the bottom part of the 1st round, which is where we'd hopefully be.

Oh yeah. Not sure how much of a blocker the kid is, but if we keep up our 2-1 W-L record, and end up 10-5-1 (add the tie to either side), we should be able to get him in the first. Rotoworld said he needs 5 months to heal the cartilage, so I hope that means he can be up to speed before the draft.

We are good at back up QB and RB.....We are good at back up TE too......Go defense in the next draft.

We still need a powerback to backup Turner. Norwood will always be the change of pace back. Snelling is a good RB, but we could still use a bigger guy.

as for backup TE we have nothing. Peele can't block and makes a couple of catches a year.

We went all defense last draft, and these guys haven't had time to grow into their pants yet. They'll gel at the end of the season and we'll be good for it next year.

Oh yeah. Not sure how much of a blocker the kid is, but if we keep up our 2-1 W-L record, and end up 10-5-1 (add the tie to either side), we should be able to get him in the first. Rotoworld said he needs 5 months to heal the cartilage, so I hope that means he can be up to speed before the draft.

5 months is what I've heard as well. That puts him late January, early October (think the surgery was the 8th of Sept). No way will he be in 100% shape for the combine, but he just needs to show there & go through a few simple drills. Then private workouts & pro day he'll have the opportunity to show how it's progressing. According to Stoops, he's a fairly decent blocker in the run game & they are missing him there as well as the passing game.

I see us drafting a little more balanced next draft but still swaying toward the defensive side. The way we use our defensive lineman it wouldn't surprise me to see us draft another in the first couple of rounds. Next season we will be working more towards depth just the way the Pats have for the last decade. The Falcons have never put this much emphasis towards player evaluations and the way they fit the schemes that are in place.. Regardless of the way many have responded to a road loss in N.E. the future is bright with our GM, coaching staff and roster full of young talent.

Definitely love the fact that we have several vets who can mentor the youngins.

I don't think we need a QB or a TE. We've got JPW at QB who hopefully we can develop, and then Zinger who we kept over Hartsock who has only been in the league a year.

RB is iffy, I'm thinking we may look at someone in the 6th or 7th round depending on what the FO is thinking about doing with Norwood/Brown/Snelling. I'd like to get one to put on the 53-man roster, possibly replacing Brown (I know :( I like him too.) If not, a true FB might be nice to put under Ovie.

I really want some depth at OL because we've got a few folks there that won't be in the NFL too much longer, and you've got McClure to train a C or G.

So... WR, TE, QB all look solid. OL is my biggest concern and RB and FB may need something but I would keep it the same until 2011, hopefully resigning Norwood.

On D I think we need one more 2/3/4 round pick to OLB so Peterson can take him under his wing, then a DT and a DE, like someone was saying before, to be trained up and add depth.

TBH I'm not even sure what position I'd want in the first round next year. Usually I do, so maybe that's a good sign, lol.

Unless we don't make the playoffs, and I don't see that happening, Gresham will be loooong gone by the time we pick. He's a better prospect than Pettigrew was last year and Pettigrew went #21 (I believe, that's off the top of my head).

Okay we don't need a TE, not until 2011. We have a guy who's been in the league 1 year.

OL

LB

FB

We do need youth in those places, and we really "that guy" who can play LE, and we need to be sure we can have "that guy" who can step in after Abe's gone and pick up where he left off.

They kept Shock on the PS (probably to appease the UGA fans). JPW I guess made the number 3 after his preseason wasn't as awful as Shock's.

BUT what is the reason to draft a backup QB? We have Redman for cheap (there is obviously no rush to sign him) or we have a rookie backing up Ryan?

You could always sign a FA QB, but I suspect we resign Redman. I don't think he'll be too expensive to resign. Keep him while we groom JPW to be the backup in a couple of years.