The Real Deal

Jaymadd

Dont hate greatness, and my friends I am Great LOL

I really see TD trading out of the 1st and picking up a 2nd and a 3rd

2nd round

Derrick Morgan

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 270 | Position:DL

- I really like this Kid. He has good size for LDE and has RDE speed and quickness. He is the everydown DE that we need for the Falcons. I think that he does fall into the second due to the talent at DT/DE in this draft. If Morgan is not available my 2nd option is Everson Griffen

3rd Round (2 picks)

D’Anthony Smith

Height: 6-2 | Weight: 300 | Position:DT

- I have not watched him yet, but he does play tonight. The falcons scouts have been reported to be scouting him, so i am going to go with the Big Boys on this one. He does seem to have good initial quickness, and fits into our one gap scheme

Dennis Pitta

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 248 | Position TE

- I have watched 2 of his games so far. This kid is going to be a beast in the NFL. He has great hands, runs pretty good routes. He is a solid blocker both inline and split out. I think he would learn alot under TG

4th Round Pick

Devin McCourty

Height: 5-11 | Weight: 190| Position:CB

- I love this pick, this is my favorite prospect. He is a cover CB, he can play man or zone. He is very physical in the run game. He has great recognition skills, and can come up with the INT too. I did see that he can get out of position in playaction, but that can be fixed with good coaching, he did it twice in the game i was watching, but never did it again after that. He may not be 6'0 but he has good size and he is a beast on special teams

5th Round Pick

Perry Riley

Height: 6-1 | Weight: 240 | Position:OLB

- He was always around the ball when i watched the LSU Games. He has good speed and might be depth at OLB. I really am going to keep an eye on this kid. He has been moving up, so he might not be available in the 5th.

6th Round Pick

Joique Bell

Height: 5-11 | Weight: 224 | Position:

- There have been reports that the Falcons are scouting him too. I think that we will a RB this draft.

With the compensatory picks we will pick up a OLineman and a WR/KR/PR

Just a Day in the Mind of Jaymadd :D

Dont hate greatness, and my friends I am Great LOL

I really see TD trading out of the 1st and picking up a 2nd and a 3rd

2nd round

Derrick Morgan

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 270 | Position:DL

- I really like this Kid. He has good size for LDE and has RDE speed and quickness. He is the everydown DE that we need for the Falcons. I think that he does fall into the second due to the talent at DT/DE in this draft. If Morgan is not available my 2nd option is Everson Griffen

3rd Round (2 picks)

D’Anthony Smith

Height: 6-2 | Weight: 300 | Position:DT

- I have not watched him yet, but he does play tonight. The falcons scouts have been reported to be scouting him, so i am going to go with the Big Boys on this one. He does seem to have good initial quickness, and fits into our one gap scheme

Dennis Pitta

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 248 | Position TE

- I have watched 2 of his games so far. This kid is going to be a beast in the NFL. He has great hands, runs pretty good routes. He is a solid blocker both inline and split out. I think he would learn alot under TG

4th Round Pick

Devin McCourty

Height: 5-11 | Weight: 190| Position:CB

- I love this pick, this is my favorite prospect. He is a cover CB, he can play man or zone. He is very physical in the run game. He has great recognition skills, and can come up with the INT too. I did see that he can get out of position in playaction, but that can be fixed with good coaching, he did it twice in the game i was watching, but never did it again after that. He may not be 6'0 but he has good size and he is a beast on special teams

5th Round Pick

Perry Riley

Height: 6-1 | Weight: 240 | Position:OLB

- He was always around the ball when i watched the LSU Games. He has good speed and might be depth at OLB. I really am going to keep an eye on this kid. He has been moving up, so he might not be available in the 5th.

6th Round Pick

Joique Bell

Height: 5-11 | Weight: 224 | Position:

- There have been reports that the Falcons are scouting him too. I think that we will a RB this draft.

With the compensatory picks we will pick up a OLineman and a WR/KR/PR

Just a Day in the Mind of Jaymadd :D

2. You know me. I think we need a CB more than we need a DE. Morgan would be a good pick if we did go DE though.

3. Don't know much about Smith, butI do know that we need somebody who can help hold the point. I'm not saying you have to be a fat guy, but adding another 300 lbs DT is going to continue to get us pushed around in the run game. We need a space eater with the ability to move.

3. Pitta is a good prospect, but I see him as this year's Chase Coffman. Both are very talented, but have a steep learning curve to become an NFL TE. They come from pass happy offenses that don't require a lot of in-line blocking.

4. I actually like McCourty when I watched him play, but I don't see him as an upgrade over what we have. IMO, I think we go CB very high in the draft or not at all.

5. & 6. I don't know much about.

2. You know me. I think we need a CB more than we need a DE. Morgan would be a good pick if we did go DE though.

3. Don't know much about Smith, butI do know that we need somebody who can help hold the point. I'm not saying you have to be a fat guy, but adding another 300 lbs DT is going to continue to get us pushed around in the run game. We need a space eater with the ability to move.

3. Pitta is a good prospect, but I see him as this year's Chase Coffman. Both are very talented, but have a steep learning curve to become an NFL TE. They come from pass happy offenses that don't require a lot of in-line blocking.

4. I actually like McCourty when I watched him play, but I don't see him as an upgrade over what we have. IMO, I think we go CB very high in the draft or not at all.

5. & 6. I don't know much about.

IN regards to DT, Coach Smith already stated that we play a one gap scheme and we need DT that are going to shoot up there gaps, so quickness among the DT's is very important. So if you can find me a 320 lbs that has the quickness to shoot the gap then great. NO rookie CB is going to be an upgrade over what we have on our Roster their first year, especially where we are going to be picking Hakim, you really need to get that through your thick skull J/K LOL, but 4 real. LOL. McCourty is a good CB prospect, and it appears that TD is not going to draft a CB high, and it also appears that TD/Smith place a bigger value over every other Defensive position than CB. In both drafts that TD has done we needed CB, but the earliest we picked one was in the 3rd. Pitta is a better blocker than people give him credit for. YOu need to watch the BYU games on Espn 360 again Hakim LOL

Love the picks of Morgan and Pitta. Two of my favorite players coming out. You mention us getting compensatory picks and then picking up a KR/PR. I hope that player will be Trindon Holliday. He is explosive as **** ! All in all nice mock

I appreciate it man. I know you wanted us to draft Pettigrew last year, but Pitta is a good prospect and can develop into a NFL Solid Blocking TE.

Besides maybe Joe Haden if he comes out, I don't see any CBs in this year's draft that are worth a 1st round pick. Plus TD is comfortable picking CBs in later rounds he did aid in picking Asante Samuel and Ellis Hobbs.

I agree it has only been two drafts but i see a pattern developing in regards to how TD feels about Cornerbacks.

IN regards to DT, Coach Smith already stated that we play a one gap scheme and we need DT that are going to shoot up there gaps, so quickness among the DT's is very important. So if you can find me a 320 lbs that has the quickness to shoot the gap then great. NO rookie CB is going to be an upgrade over what we have on our Roster their first year, especially where we are going to be picking Hakim, you really need to get that through your thick skull J/K LOL, but 4 real. LOL. McCourty is a good CB prospect, and it appears that TD is not going to draft a CB high, and it also appears that TD/Smith place a bigger value over every other Defensive position than CB. In both drafts that TD has done we needed CB, but the earliest we picked one was in the 3rd. Pitta is a better blocker than people give him credit for. YOu need to watch the BYU games on Espn 360 again Hakim LOL

Yea we play a one gap scheme, but we still need a space eater with agility who can take double teams and keep the O-Line off our LBers. We are going to continue to get pushed around if all of our DTs are giving up 30+ lbs.

I also would like to know if you are psychic because you seem to already know that we will be picking late. I think we will be picking in that 16-24 range. It's not a knock on our team as a whole, but I seriously do not see a deep run in the playoffs with that defense and I cannot even guarantee that we will even make the playoffs this year. We face a quality opponent almost every week. We seriously only have two more push-over games and those are against Tampa Bay.

I also don't think you can make a fair assessment of what TD is going to draft like after only two years. We definitely had more pressing needs in 2008 than CB and DT and Safety were pretty big concerns going into 2009.

TD drafted those late CBs, but he obviously doesn't seem to happy about their progress...... neither one of them is playing and TD just went out and grabbed two veteran CBs who definitely would take some time away from them.

The fact that our staff has no confidence in them being either the NB or Dime Back is concerning. I know you are going to come and bring up how the Patriots do their drafts, but we are NOT the Patriots. Maybe their coaching staff is better at bring young CBs along... IDK, but neither Chevis Jackson or Owens have yet to touch the field on defense this year. WE NEED MORE TALENT AT THE CB SPOT!!!!

I don't have ESPN 360. LOL

This draft doesn't have a true shutdown CB. They are good but not true shutdown material. The only 2 close to

that IMO are Haden and Verner. I love Verner but he is too thin and average speed.

I don't understand why you think Verner is a better CB than both Patrick Robinson and Trevard Lindley. Haden is good but I think Patrick Robinson has shut-down CB capability even if he doesn't step up to help versus the run as well as I might like. I have watched half of a game looking at him and he looks good to me, but I already watched a Greg Middleton game (I really liked him) so I need to go to bed.

I don't understand why you think Verner is a better CB than both Patrick Robinson and Trevard Lindley. Haden is good but I think Patrick Robinson has shut-down CB capability even if he doesn't step up to help versus the run as well as I might like. I have watched half of a game looking at him and he looks good to me, but I already watched a Greg Middleton game (I really liked him) so I need to go to bed.

He lead the nation last year with 20 PBU's, he can tackle, and teams never hardly throw his way. His speed and

size is my only concern. I read that he sometimes gets tired towards the end of games, but he is a playmaker.

Yea we play a one gap scheme, but we still need a space eater with agility who can take double teams and keep the O-Line off our LBers. We are going to continue to get pushed around if all of our DTs are giving up 30+ lbs.

I also would like to know if you are psychic because you seem to already know that we will be picking late. I think we will be picking in that 16-24 range. It's not a knock on our team as a whole, but I seriously do not see a deep run in the playoffs with that defense and I cannot even guarantee that we will even make the playoffs this year. We face a quality opponent almost every week. We seriously only have two more push-over games and those are against Tampa Bay.

I also don't think you can make a fair assessment of what TD is going to draft like after only two years. We definitely had more pressing needs in 2008 than CB and DT and Safety were pretty big concerns going into 2009.

TD drafted those late CBs, but he obviously doesn't seem to happy about their progress...... neither one of them is playing and TD just went out and grabbed two veteran CBs who definitely would take some time away from them.

The fact that our staff has no confidence in them being either the NB or Dime Back is concerning. I know you are going to come and bring up how the Patriots do their drafts, but we are NOT the Patriots. Maybe their coaching staff is better at bring young CBs along... IDK, but neither Chevis Jackson or Owens have yet to touch the field on defense this year. WE NEED MORE TALENT AT THE CB SPOT!!!!

I don't have ESPN 360. LOL

We are going to make the playoffs, maybe go deep my friend. I also know that we are not going to take a CB early, are CB are actually doing ok, we just need our Dline to step up which our Coach places a premium on. Owens is a rookie and he is going to start probably next year and hopefully he will be starting with Tye Hill = no early CB sorry Hakim, deal with it and you can go to www.espn360.com to view games

!

We are going to make the playoffs, maybe go deep my friend. I also know that we are not going to take a CB early, are CB are actually doing ok, we just need our Dline to step up which our Coach places a premium on. Owens is a rookie and he is going to start probably next year and hopefully he will be starting with Tye Hill = no early CB sorry Hakim, deal with it and you can go to www.espn360.com to view games

With really only two more push over games and the NFC north/ East having a bunch of quality teams that can take a Wild Card spot, how can you guarantee a playoff spot?

Sometimes it is hard for D-Lines to create pressure when you best player is getting double teammed and you don't really have any other impact players. That is when you have to blitz more. We can't blitz because our staff does not trust our CBs to play one-on-one..... that is a problem.

I don't see how Owens can start next year when he isn't getting any experience now. This year is almost like a wasted year for him. Watching is good, but actually playing makes you really grow and learn.

If the coaches liked how he has been progressing, he would be in the game as at least a Dime Back. At this point, he has had no experience and I just don't see him starting in the near future maybe in 2-3 years, but definitely no next year.

ill stat it of by saying i love the draft...... No way in the world Derrick Morgan slip into the 2nd round..... Derrick Morgan is better then Robert Ayers and Ayers went top 20..... right now Derrick Morgan is the best DE in next year's draft

Well i am hoping he falls, we can still get Everson Griffen, and if we Brian Price is still on the board in the 2nd then we can get him and snag Austin Lane in the 4th.

With really only two more push over games and the NFC north/ East having a bunch of quality teams that can take a Wild Card spot, how can you guarantee a playoff spot?

Sometimes it is hard for D-Lines to create pressure when you best player is getting double teammed and you don't really have any other impact players. That is when you have to blitz more. We can't blitz because our staff does not trust our CBs to play one-on-one..... that is a problem.

I don't see how Owens can start next year when he isn't getting any experience now. This year is almost like a wasted year for him. Watching is good, but actually playing makes you really grow and learn.

If the coaches liked how he has been progressing, he would be in the game as at least a Dime Back. At this point, he has had no experience and I just don't see him starting in the near future maybe in 2-3 years, but definitely no next year.

YOu could say the same thing about DEcoud, who didnt even play in all 16 games and was inactive for some games. He only played special teams, now look at him he is starting at FS, he won his position battle. So your theory about Owens has been refuted pretty well by Greatness (Jaymadd). As I stated our CB are ok, the only way we upgrade is if we sign a FA, which i have my doubts about, but it could happen. I think that TD will draft another CB in the later rounds. We have a good team Hakim and we stand a very good chance to make the playoffs, i cant guarantee anything but i am pretty confident about our team chances to get to the playoffs.

YOu could say the same thing about DEcoud, who didnt even play in all 16 games and was inactive for some games. He only played special teams, now look at him he is starting at FS, he won his position battle. So your theory about Owens has been refuted pretty well by Greatness (Jaymadd). As I stated our CB are ok, the only way we upgrade is if we sign a FA, which i have my doubts about, but it could happen. I think that TD will draft another CB in the later rounds. We have a good team Hakim and we stand a very good chance to make the playoffs, i cant guarantee anything but i am pretty confident about our team chances to get to the playoffs.

Yea DeCoud didn't play much, but this is an entirely different position. DeCoud doesn't have to come in and guard guys like Steve Smith one-on-one. FS is a much easier transition than CB.

What is the point of drafting another late round CB? So he can be 5th on the depth chart?

If we get another CB, we need it to be one of the most talented players in the country who can come in and immediately demand playing time.....for me its either a early CB or no CB at all.

I'll take a good FA. We just need a CB who can take guys one-on-one and allow our defense to be more aggressive. We don't have that with any of our CBs at the moment.

Does the guy have to come in and be an all-star right away? .... no, but we need a player who has the potential to be able to handle WRs one-on-one.

Owens, Chevis Jackson, Grimes, and Brian Williams are really zone CBs. Houston and maybe Tye Hill are the only guys who are really Man coverage CBs. If we want to be aggressive on defense, we need some more man-to-man cover CBs.

Yea DeCoud didn't play much, but this is an entirely different position. DeCoud doesn't have to come in and guard guys like Steve Smith one-on-one. FS is a much easier transition than CB.

What is the point of drafting another late round CB? So he can be 5th on the depth chart?

If we get another CB, we need it to be one of the most talented players in the country who can come in and immediately demand playing time.....for me its either a early CB or no CB at all.

I'll take a good FA. We just need a CB who can take guys one-on-one and allow our defense to be more aggressive. We don't have that with any of our CBs at the moment.

Does the guy have to come in and be an all-star right away? .... no, but we need a player who has the potential to be able to handle WRs one-on-one.

Owens, Chevis Jackson, Grimes, and Brian Williams are really zone CBs. Houston and maybe Tye Hill are the only guys who are really Man coverage CBs. If we want to be aggressive on defense, we need some more man-to-man cover CBs.

Owens is not strictly a zone CB and neither is grimes. Owens can play man and zone, he has the speed to cover man one on one. Hakim let it go man, TD is not going to draft a 1st round CB. Actually safety is harder to play than CB.

ill stat it of by saying i love the draft...... No way in the world Derrick Morgan slip into the 2nd round..... Derrick Morgan is better then Robert Ayers and Ayers went top 20..... right now Derrick Morgan is the best DE in next year's draft

i disagree with this statement whole-heartedly. one he isn't even in the draft yet since he is a junior, so if you are including juniors in the draft class i think carlos dunlap is much better than him and i also like everson griffen as much as i like morgan and i haven't watched him yet. morgan is good, but i haven't made my mind up on him yet.

and i see what you mean about patrick robinson, he has all the athletic ability, the hands and the ability in coverage but just doesn't seem to put it together like you think he would. makes me wonder if he will put it all together and be the #1 CB i think he can be in the NFL or if he will just be another CB with good attributes that doesn't end up the sum of all his parts.

i am about to watch Lindley btw since I think he is probably the #2 or #3 senior corner.

i disagree with this statement whole-heartedly. one he isn't even in the draft yet since he is a junior, so if you are including juniors in the draft class i think carlos dunlap is much better than him and i also like everson griffen as much as i like morgan and i haven't watched him yet. morgan is good, but i haven't made my mind up on him yet.

and i see what you mean about patrick robinson, he has all the athletic ability, the hands and the ability in coverage but just doesn't seem to put it together like you think he would. makes me wonder if he will put it all together and be the #1 CB i think he can be in the NFL or if he will just be another CB with good attributes that doesn't end up the sum of all his parts.

i am about to watch Lindley btw since I think he is probably the #2 or #3 senior corner.

My #1 CB is Devin McCourty, and i have watched Lindley, Robinson, Kyle Wilson. I just think that McCourty is not getting much love because he doesnt play in the spot light and is in the Big East. I like Griffen alot especially since he is close to 280lbs and can still move very well. I hope that all the JR's declare and they should after seeing what happened to Bradford, adn Gresham.