Good News for Falcons Fans in the UK

ukfalc

I know that this thread won't interest 99% of people on here, but British board members will be pleased to know that our next 3 games will all be shown live on British TV.

Our week 5 and 7 games against San Francisco and Dallas will be shown live on Sky Sports, and our week 6 game agisnt the Chicago will be shown live on Channel 5 (with a 1.20am kickoff time - ouch).

The only downside is that in week 7 I will be at Wembley booing the Bucs, so I will miss most of the Dallas game :(

I know that this thread won't interest 99% of people on here, but British board members will be pleased to know that our next 3 games will all be shown live on British TV.

Our week 5 and 7 games against San Francisco and Dallas will be shown live on Sky Sports, and our week 6 game agisnt the Chicago will be shown live on Channel 5 (with a 1.20am kickoff time - ouch).

The only downside is that in week 7 I will be at Wembley booing the Bucs, so I will miss most of the Dallas game :(

Congratulations and thanks for booing the Bucs in Wembley. :D

I forgive you mate. I guess one of the few valid excuses for missing a Falcons game on tv, is showing up at a live Bucs game, booing the Bucs :lol: :lol: :lol:

I forgive you mate. I guess one of the few valid excuses for missing a Falcons game on tv, is showing up at a live Bucs game, booing the Bucs :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's my duty. :D

I did the same to the Saints last year, so its only fair that I treat all of our divison rivals with equal contempt...

Mind me askin how in the world did you manage to get a ticket? I heard they were off the shelf in a hurry!

The tickets are distributed by a lottery of the applicant. I missed out in the first year, when there were enough applicants to sell the game out more than 8 times over, but I got lucky last year.

This year I think that demand was down due to the economic recession and I applied for one of the more expensive tickets, so I had no problems.

The tickets are distributed by a lottery of the applicant. I missed out in the first year, when there were enough applicants to sell the game out more than 8 times over, but I got lucky last year.

This year I think that demand was down due to the economic recession and I applied for one of the more expensive tickets, so I had no problems.

Gz either way mate. NFL is NFL, even if its in great Britain :)

Gz either way mate. NFL is NFL, even if its in great Britain :)

Exactly, and its worth taking the opportunity as we have no idea how long the international series will last (the future looks positive, but you never know).

They games don't have the same home town atmospehere as a game in the states, as there is a largely neutral crowd. However, it is amazing seeing 80,000 british fans gathering together, all weatring the jersey's of their favourite NFL teams (and in some cases the jersey's of the UK teams that they play for). It's a special day for british fans, many of whom have followed the NFL for 20+ years.

Watch for me at the S.F. game. Me and my brother are representing Atlanta. It will be my first game at Candlestick, and I was born and raised in the Land of Fruits and Nuts. Go figure.

Cool.Someone at the NFL needs to work on some international TV contracts.UKFalc I see you made it over for the MBGT. I know we have had our differences (especially in the Vick era) but I respect you for the effort bro. To me there are at least 37 different types of "True Fans". You are a true fan. Without a doubt.

Thanks. There were plenty of heated debates over Vick. If we had our differences at that time, I've forgotten about them long ago.

Incidentally, does anyone know where to watch Monday Night Football in the UK? Sky and Channel 5 are not showing it this year, it seems.

The only way to do so, is to buy NFL Game Pass and watch them streamed on-line. :(

Watch for me at the S.F. game. Me and my brother are representing Atlanta. It will be my first game at Candlestick, and I was born and raised in the Land of Fruits and Nuts. Go figure.

I will do. Have a great one...

Great news! Finally i get to watch my Falcons without having to sit glaring at the drive updater on nfl.com, the last live Falcons game i saw was last year when i went over to Atlanta with my dad and saw two consecutive home games against the Saints and the Bronchos, i remember watching jerious high step half the length of the field :)my good friend is a Dallas fan too so week 7 should be interesting to say the least.

It seems sky haven't put as much effort in this year (losing the red button games and MNF).. quite the dissapointment really as the NFL was the main reason i purchased sky two years back.

Thanks for the info, i'm already excited!! it's gona be a longgg bye week...