The Roman Polanski defenders make me ill.

Peyton

It's disappointing that people I previously respected are coming to this guy's defense. I guess have to come to the realization that celebrities are for the most part detached from reality and not good people. I wonder if those people defending Polanski, like Martin Scorcese and David Lynch, would feel about a regular 40 year old Joe Schmoe off the street drugging and anally raping a 13 yeard old girl and then fleeing the country to avoid justice. I doubt that they would be speaking out in support in that instance. Celebrities really do seem to think they have their own set of rules. I guess in California they do.

But those scumbags better stay out of New York, they will put you away there.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right of course, and I know I'm going to **** for this, but every time I hear Polanski's name I think of this scene from Family Guy:

Lois walks in on Stewie torturing a bully)

Stewie: We're playing house...

Lois: But that kid is all tied up!

Stewie: Roman Polanski's house.

There you go again "respecting" celebrities and people you don't know.. It seems like you would have learned your lesson by now lol....You are setting yourself up for a lifetime of disappointments..

I choose to think the best of people until they give me a reason not to. I realize that will lead to disappointments, but I am OK with that.

Still, I find the reasoning of these people to be amazing. Whoopi Goldberg, who I already knew was a pretty disgusting person, said yesterday, "yeah , but it wasn't rape - rape, it was something different". I guess drugging and penetrating a 13 year old girl who is still telling you "no" doesn't qualify as a real rape in Whoopi's eyes.

I don't know much of the case but the victim herself is for Polanski's release and I think they reached some sort of out of court settlement? On the surface it looks pretty unsavory. Talent has a tendency to make people overlook a lot as well as Polanski having had so much trauma in his life. Doesn't make it right but these things factor in. The timing of the whole thing is puzzling.

On the other hand, many on here who always post " Man I wish this had been my teacher!" when a female teacher sleeps with a 12 year old male student need to go crawl back 'neath their mossy rock.

That is one of the most disingenuous double standards out there. If your cool with a 30 year old teacher banging a 14 year old when a woman is the 30 year old, why try to act offended when the situation is reversed. Hypocrisy, and extremely an transparent type at that.

That is one of the most disingenuous double standards out there. If your cool with a 30 year old teacher banging a 14 year old when a woman is the 30 year old, why try to act offended when the situation is reversed. Hypocrisy, and extremely an transparent type at that.

True. I also wonder what happens in five years that makes a girl a candidate to marry a 55 year old man with a lot of money somehow unqualifiedly kosher? Guys have been preying on the young since forever. We're beasts, plain and simple. Some of us have our beast on a tauter leash somehow.

It's not hypocrisy if the girl was saying no, and if the person involved drugged the victim, as is the case here. Those are important facts.

You're right of course, and I know I'm going to **** for this, but every time I hear Polanski's name I think of this scene from Family Guy:

Lois walks in on Stewie torturing a bully)

Stewie: We're playing house...

Lois: But that kid is all tied up!

Stewie: Roman Polanski's house.

well since you are going to **** , move over, I will bring a cooler with some drinks and snacks......... because I literally laughed out loud :lol:

I don't know much of the case but the victim herself is for Polanski's release and I think they reached some sort of out of court settlement? On the surface it looks pretty unsavory. Talent has a tendency to make people overlook a lot as well as Polanski having had so much trauma in his life. Doesn't make it right but these things factor in. The timing of the whole thing is puzzling.

The victim pressed the charges, and the victim testified to the crime in front of a grand jury. The prosecution only accepted the lesser plea bargain crime in order to save the defendant from testifying. She has no say in the sentencing, even if she just wants this to go away. Once the prosecution has plea bargained to spare her testifying, her opinion is irrelevant. The judge can give him the maximum sentence for the crime he plead to if he wishes.

It's not hypocrisy if the girl was saying no, and if the person involved drugged the victim, as is the case here. Those are important facts.

I like you as a poster, Peyton, and I won't defend Polanski for sure, except to wonder what happened to make them bring it up now.

but there are always threads on here when a 30 year old female sleeps ( molests) a young boy and many guys on here are all "hells ya!!!!" It sickens me and when I say so, they say it's " different" and its not. Teachers are in a position of power over a student, and they are in a position of trust with that kids parent.It's still rape if " only" statuatory and it's as much a power play as drugging someone. This isn;t aimed at you, but they know who they are.

I like you as a poster, Peyton, and I won't defend Polanski for sure, except to wonder what happened to make them bring it up now.

but there are always threads on here when a 30 year old female sleeps ( molests) a young boy and many guys on here are all "hells ya!!!!" It sickens me and when I say so, they say it's " different" and its not. Teachers are in a position of power over a student, and they are in a position of trust with that kids parent.It's still rape if " only" statuatory and it's as much a power play as drugging someone. This isn;t aimed at you, but they know who they are.

I like you as a poster, PP, but you are being sanctimonious here. I think most guys that say that on a MB are saying it tongue in cheek as well as the fact that many here are not much older than 13 themselves and wake daily with their member as hard as Chinese math and go to bed at night in the same condition before beating the skin off of it. When I was in HS a teacher had a sexual relationship of some stripe with a girl who was maybe 16 or 17. He was fired that day but that was the last of it. I never really thought much about it. I wonder if there is any way that could happen in today's world?

I like you as a poster, PP, but you are being sanctimonious here. I think most guys that say that on a MB are saying it tongue in cheek as well as the fact that many here are not much older than 13 themselves and wake daily with their member as hard as Chinese math and go to bed at night in the same condition before beating the skin off of it. When I was in HS a teacher had a sexual relationship of some stripe with a girl who was maybe 16 or 17. He was fired that day but that was the last of it. I never really thought much about it. I wonder if there is any way that could happen in today's world?

I like you as a poster, B-n- B, but I'm not being sanctimonious at all, and I SERIOUSLY don't want to think about board members...members.. and the stiffness there-of.

Well it's like this. In sex, the men are the hunters and women are the hunted. It's like that pretty much with all creatures except for the praying mantis. Those dudes might be the hunters but I hope it's good when they finally get it because the female bites their head off after it's over.

Man it sucks to be a praying mantis dude.

But anyway, with regards to the hypocrisy, it's that way because of the "hunter" and "hunted" nature of the sexes, for better or worse. Since men are the hunters, nobody is going to feel bad for a 14 year old kid who has a hot teacher make it easy for him.

Now the ugly teachers sleeping with thier students, they need to throw them b*tches in jail.

Well it's like this. In sex, the men are the hunters and women are the hunted. It's like that pretty much with all creatures except for the praying mantis. Those dudes might be the hunters but I hope it's good when they finally get it because the female bites their head off after it's over.

But anyway, with regards to the hypocrisy, it's that way because of the "hunter" and "hunted" nature of the sexes, for better or worth. Since men are the hunters, nobody is going to feel bad for a 14 year old kid who has a hot teacher make it easy for him.

Now the ugly teachers sleeping with thier students, they need to throw them b*tches in jail.

:lol::lol:

+1

But anyway, with regards to the hypocrisy, it's that way because of the "hunter" and "hunted" nature of the sexes, for better or worse. Since men are the hunters, nobody is going to feel bad for a 14 year old kid who has a hot teacher make it easy for him.

I know i it were my son, the teachers head would be on a pointy stick at the end of my driveway. I don't pay their salaries to be touching my kids.

I have a son and two daughters, and I can tell you I would definitely feel differently about the two situations. I agree with you that it is dispicable of a teacher to be that way, extremely dispicable. I just don't think the damage done to a boy is the same.