Q&A with Washaun Ealey

Ronaldo77

http://www.forest-blade.com/articles/2009/09/29/sports/doc4ac25549d0637252245526.txt

Chris Lewis: What’s it like playing for coach (Mark) Richt?

Washaun Ealey: It’s been a good experience. We have a lot of running backs and I am learning a lot from them and coach Richt. Hopefully next year I will get to play.

CL: How about coach (Bryan) McLendon?

WE: He’s a pretty cool guy. I would rather be playing under him than any other coach because he used to play here and he knows what it takes to get it done. He lets us know what we have to do to get the job done.

CL: Describe your typical weekday.

WE: School, study hall and practice. We have mandatory breakfast at 7 a.m., and then we have study hall from 8-9:30 a.m. Then I go to class from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. After class I go straight to practice and it starts in the film room. After that we start practice on the field at 4:30 p.m. and usually finish around 8 p.m. Then I go back to study hall from then until around 10 p.m.

CL: How do you like living in Athens?

WE: I like it a lot. I came from a little town to a much bigger town and now I am learning how to live on my own.

CL: Have you found any good spots to grab a meal in Athens yet?

WE: I usually just eat at the dining hall here at the school. One good place that I have found is Raising Cane’s; it’s a really good place to eat.

CL: What players do you hang out with?

WE: I hang with my roommate Nick Williams a lot. I also like to hang out with Carlton Thomas, Caleb King, and Marcus Dowtin.

CL: How do you keep up with ECI football?

WE: I talk to my little brother (Wezley) or I text or message one of the guys.

CL: How is practice and conditioning different here as opposed to what you were accustomed to in high school?

WE: It’s actually a lot different. Practice was really intense at ECI, but here the practices are intense and the players are so much bigger and faster it’s almost like playing in a game every day.

CL: Have you met any previous UGA players?

WE: I met and got to know Knowshon (Moreno) while he was working out with us over the summer. I met Asher Allen, Mohammed Massaquoi, Kelin Johnson and CJ Byrd.

CL: Is being at UGA any different than what you were expecting?

WE: It’s a lot different. When I first got here, I was thinking we wouldn’t have that much work to do. But school is a lot of work and it takes up about 60% of the day. I wasn’t really looking forward to study hall, but it’s real intense and it has helped me a lot.

CL: Is there anything you would like to tell the people back home that are pulling for you?

WE: Just to be patient and that I will be on the field soon.

CL: Watching you during the game you did a lot of pacing. Are you antsy to get in there and show what you can do?

WE: I’m real antsy, but I just have to be patient, work hard and wait for my turn. I’ll just have to step up and do my job whenever they call my name.

Why not give this kid a few carries? King and Samuel are just not producing and lately weve been shy about putting in Thomas.

Well Thomas has only carried i think twice this year. Once he fumbled and both times he got light up pretty good on big hits and because of his size i dont think he can pass block to good. Ealey is probably in the same boat in that he doesnt really understand how to protect the Qb yet.