So..........Who really are these Falcons ?

Bring It

Having played only 3 games it's really not fair to label them with any permanent certainty, but one thing that is happening thruout Falcon Fan World is a small cloud of doubt is forming.

We are not the dominant "run first" team that most expected would continue this year. Very disappointing so far.

Our passing game is lethal...........but ONLY if the coaches allow it to be.

Defensively we are a HUGE question mark. You ask 10 different people, you'll get 9 different answers.

Coaching. Still looks solid, but a bit on the "soft" side.

Perhaps the bye week is coming at a perfect time...........for a lot of soul searching.........internally at Flowery Branch.

I still have tons of faith in TD and Smitty.

A visit to the city of the Golden Gate will offer plenty of answers. I have a hunch our players will be more than ready for the big challenge.

Having played only 3 games it's really not fair to label them with any permanent certainty, but one thing that is happening thruout Falcon Fan World is a small cloud of doubt is forming.

We are not the dominant "run first" team that most expected would continue this year. Very disappointing so far.

Defensively we are a HUGE question mark. You ask 10 different people, you'll get 9 different answers.

Perhaps the bye week is coming at a perfect time...........for a lot of soul searching.........internally at Flowery Branch.

A visit to the city of the Golden Gate will offer plenty of answers. I have a hunch our players will be more than ready for the big challenge.

I think we are between average and very good right now. To be elite, you have to win on the road and peform at a high level consistently. We are not doing any of those right now, but could be in the future.

A lot hinges on Ryan. Our defense will likely improve over the year, but won't be a top 10 type D.

We need for Ryan to be a consistent 250 yard performer, and connect on a couple of deep balls each game in order to be in the very good to elite category. It's a lot to put on a young guy, but I think that's the key for us.

Defensively, we have to figure out some sort of blitz scheme.

I think Ryan can take the next step and make our offense top 5, but they're going to have to push it. Throw it deep, throw it wide, throw it to WRs, TEs, backs. Make the defense defend the entire field.

A lot hinges on Ryan. Our defense will likely improve over the year, but won't be a top 10 type D.

We need for Ryan to be a consistent 250 yard performer, and connect on a couple of deep balls each game in order to be in the very good to elite category. It's a lot to put on a young guy, but I think that's the key for us.

Defensively, we have to figure out some sort of blitz scheme.

I think Ryan can take the next step and make our offense top 5, but they're going to have to push it. Throw it deep, throw it wide, throw it to WRs, TEs, backs. Make the defense defend the entire field.

All good points.

Bring it, it just came to me! Our D-line woes are because JA98 is contagious! Look at Abe and Biermann! They look like their legs weigh a hundred pounds and the closer they get to the QB, the slower they can move.

That's gotta be it.

We have an Elite Offense, special team, and coaching staff (sometimes)

But our Defense are a little below average -_-

We're one puzzle away from that Lombardy trophy sigghhh...

i dont think being the 23rd ranked offense qualifies as being elite. On paper our O is stacked, but on the field, we havnt been anything but a "Run, Run, Pass, Punt" offense. We still have A LOT of work to do before we become elite.

I believe that we are somewhere between Elite and Very good. This year we have played 3 teams with a combined 34-14 record last year. And we won two of three games. I believe that it is very good and IMO we are still not even close to playing as good as I think we can.

we be mad week in mad fases

secundarie be awful, lbs be wac, ja is duh only good playa on d

oline be overatid, ryan be mad overatid, turna be a 1 year wunda, and gonz gonna be here 1 maybe 2 yers

it gonna be tuff to be elite with all duh problums

Of all the stuff I've seen you type on these forums, this has to be the most illiterate. Compared to the first time you started this method of "trolling," you have gotten worse. It's just silly.

we be mad week in mad fases

secundarie be awful, lbs be wac, ja is duh only good playa on d

oline be overatid, ryan be mad overatid, turna be a 1 year wunda, and gonz gonna be here 1 maybe 2 yers

it gonna be tuff to be elite with all duh problums

Don't you have anything better to do?

We are a very good team with a very young defense that is still learning and becoming a "unit". During this period - there will be ups and downs. This is typical of a young defense. So far, the defense has not surprised me and I am not down on them in the least.

What has surprised me some is the run game. I keep waiting for it to open up more. I know it will happen - but it's been a bit frustrating. Our passing game has surpassed my expectations.

I have no problems with the coaching either. I think we are still learning as a group and will just continue to get better.

I love this team and the direction it is going in. If everyone is going to blow a gasket every time they lose - then you guys should probably wait a year before watching the games. We are going through a growing period and we are still not complete - we've just been successful in the interim - a lot more than anyone expected.

More lethal than who's passing game? :unsure:

More lethal than who's passing game? unsure.gif

In what area?

Quarterback passer rating? Better than 27 other teams.

Passing Touchdowns? Better than 24 other teams and tied with 2 other QB's (Eli Manning, Brett Favre)

Least Interceptions? Better than 29 other teams

Average Yards per pass? Better than 17 other teams

Total Passing yards? Better than 17 other teams

Passing Touchdowns? Better than 27 other teams

Completion Percentage? Better than 26 other teams

Least number of sacks? Better than 27 other teams and tied with 2 other teams

Passing for first down conversion percent? Better than 29 other teams

Number of first downs converted by pass? Better than 23 other teams

I'd say it's a pretty darned good passing game. Especially by a run first team!