9-7 wins the division?

IronHead34

I do not think the NFC "Beast" is all that, what I do think is, we are matching up pretty well with our foes this year. In reality, the Giants may be the only team in the NFC East I am worried about. Only because they have a great "D"

It appears the Redskins have dropped hard but Dallas can still win games. The Eagles are a big "?" as they get through injuries. We saw they can still turn it on.

On the other hand, the South is falling on hard times. We have the Sucs kissing the cellar floor, the Panthers are showing what a genuine collapse can really look like, and the Falcons and Saints are fighting it out (I think we will see the Saints get punched in the mouth by the Jets this week). The South seems to rip each other to pieces whenever they play, regardless of record.

All this could add up to our division looking like the NFC West last year where our winner is 9-7.

This is not a rip on the poor quality of our division, but on the contrary. Too bad it won't look that way to the media. :huh:

umm, no, 9-7 will not win this divison,

the saints are already at 3 wins, you gotta think they win 2 easy with the Bucs, even if the played 500 ball the rest of the way, i think 11-5 or 12-4 wins this divison

and i dont think 9-7 even gets a team a wildcard

you gotta think

New Orleans

Giants

San Fran/Arizona

Vikings

that leaves Dallas/Philly/Us/Chicago/Green Bay fighting it out for the last 2 spots(im talking from a hypothetical we dont win the division point of view only) I like our chances there, thats why the games against Dallas Chicago and SanFran will be huge this year

Remember the Saints play pretty much the same schedule we do, except they get the luxury of playing the Lions, we have to play the Bears. They get the Pats at home, but the Pats will have Welker back and Brady will likely have his groove back by then. As long as we beat the Saints at home we will be in good shape for the division. If we can beat the Saints in NO that will be HUUUUUUUUUUUGE. November 2 is shaping up to be the biggest game of the year. Oh, and 9-7 will not cut it.

Sorry, but actually, the NFC East is the biggest problem for any team in the NFC trying to get a Wildcard. Rather, it's you guys, us, or someone else. Think about it. In that division, you never know who is going to beat who. Say NY Giants come out of the NFC East. That most likely leaves Philly and Dallas in the race to fight over a Wildcard spots. The NFC East plays the TERRIBLE AFC West this year. That means EVERY team in the NFC East plays Denver, Oakland, Kansas City, and San Diego. I'm willing to bet that Philly, New York, and Dallas wins at least three or four of those games.

This scenario is going to make it hard on any team trying to get a wildcard out of that division.

I think Saints will have at least 10 wins this season. They have one of the easiest schedules with TB x2, CAR x2, WAS and STL. With Brees at QB, I don't see any chance they'll be 8-8 or 9-7 with those opponents

Where are you getting this myth from. We were ranked #8 in strength of schedule. Go look it up. You play the card that are given you.

9-7 implies the Saints go 8-8 or we sweep them and they go 9-7. Not likely. I don't think 9-7 buys a wild card slot in the NFC. We are going to need at least 10 wins and thump our NFC opponents to have a shot at the number six seed. Sweep the Saints and win 12 and we get the division.

All 9-7 gets us is back-to-back winning seasons, which would be a fine accomplishment in itself.

As I posted on another thread, I see the Saints going 15-1...unless someone drops a bomb on Brees and blinds him in one eye.....they are actually 9th in strength of schedule....the Falcons are 4th...Bucs are 5th.

Show me Falcons...I'm with ya'.

We're 8th here: http://www.theredzone.org/strength.asp

We're 8th here: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/news/story?id=4027503

Regardless. 8th or 9th, apples or oranges. We agree here.

I do not think the NFC "Beast" is all that, what I do think is, we are matching up pretty well with our foes this year. In reality, the Giants may be the only team in the NFC East I am worried about. Only because they have a great "D"

It appears the Redskins have dropped hard but Dallas can still win games. The Eagles are a big "?" as they get through injuries. We saw they can still turn it on.

On the other hand, the South is falling on hard times. We have the Sucs kissing the cellar floor, the Panthers are showing what a genuine collapse can really look like, and the Falcons and Saints are fighting it out (I think we will see the Saints get punched in the mouth by the Jets this week). The South seems to rip each other to pieces whenever they play, regardless of record.

All this could add up to our division looking like the NFC West last year where our winner is 9-7.

This is not a rip on the poor quality of our division, but on the contrary. Too bad it won't look that way to the media. :huh:

I doubt it. I still think it's going to take a least a 10-6 or 11-5 record to win the NFC South.

I hope you aren't right!!!!!

So do I. But lets be realistic. This time last year, we were getting something positive from every game, and we were playing close. We were scoring at will in the first quarter and then eating the clock. This year...We just dink and dunk and hope the defense messes up. We take what we can get. We have played scared of 3 teams with a combined 2-7 record. Not encouraging when you are talking 11 wins.

So do I. But lets be realistic. This time last year, we were getting something positive from every game, and we were playing close. We were scoring at will in the first quarter and then eating the clock. This year...We just dink and dunk and hope the defense messes up. We take what we can get. We have played scared of 3 teams with a combined 2-7 record. Not encouraging when you are talking 11 wins.

I agree to an extent. Michael Turnover???? What the he*ll is that all about? Anyway I am not ready to crown anybody champion just yet. Yeah the Saints look da*mn good right now, but let's wait to see how we all finish. This is why they play the games. NOTHING IS GIVEN!!!!!