The DL needs to play better, don't get me wrong, but for the first time in a long time I don't think our problems are stemming solely from the DL.

Kayoh

Look at the Jets. They don't have some kind of freakishly good defensive line. They've got a solid (not stellar, but solid - no better than ours at least) front seven, but their secondary (namely their CB tandem) is simply astounding, which allows them to blitz much more often.

Don't get me wrong on this - our DL played soft against the Pats. That issue needs to be addressed and I fully trust that Smitty and the staff will address it. What I'm saying is that even WHEN that issue gets addressed, we're still going to struggle because we've got to help our corners out so much that we can't blitz as much.

I'm hoping we get our 9 wins this year to get that monkey off our backs, but whether we make the playoffs or not, this team is not built to go to and win a super bowl this season. I'm fine with that, just as long as we get a stud CB in the offseason, whether that be via FA or the draft. The only way we turn into one of "those teams", a team that is a true super bowl contender, at this point, is if Brian Williams steps up and Tye Hill lives up to his first round status when he finally comes in like Dom did last season for us.

The JETS run a 3-4 in which the DL is not required to be playmakers. With that being said, Kris Jenkins is a h3ll of a NT weighing 360 pounds and pushing folks backwards. Also, they have monster DEs Ellis, and Douglass that weigh in around 290 pounds.

In the 4-3, your DLineman have got to break blocks and make plays. In week 1, KB71 and Abe did that. Since then, were not getting production from anyone up front. And we are really hurting because our DTs are weak. They are getting blocked by single 1v1's which is allowing for double and triple teams on our pass rushers.

We really need a dominant DT or two. OR, we need to switch to a 3-4.

The 3-4 isn't something that we're set up to run at this point, and we'd need at least 2, maybe even 3 more years to establish a 3-4 foundation on D. Plus we'd probably end up having to trade Abe because he's already been traded from the Jets because he didn't want to stand up.