I posted this in my 'Schedule Analysis' thread a while back...

Durrty

I've been looking at our schedule and to be honest, although we face some tough opponents, if the coaches and players go about it in fourths (or quarters) like they did last season, it doesn't appear to be that tough...take a look...

In the first quarter...we have...

Week 1 - 15.png (Home)

Week 2 - 29.png (Home)

Week 3 - 17.png (Away)

Week 4 - Bye

I see one tough, away game against New England...a possible win at that...homerism? Maybe, maybe not...lol. We have a bye week in Week 4...players tend to get injured around the beginning of the season, so our bye may be a blessing in disguise. This is also after the team has got into a groove and is playing some pretty solid football...a lot for the coaches to analyze and improve on. Another aspect that can improve from our bye week is the defense. BVG will have an opportunity to implement a new scheme or two that can potentially help us in the latter quarters of the season. Durrty's Prediction: 2-1.

...so what's the issue Falcon fans??? :huh:

In that thread, nearly everyone agreed that we would lose to the Patriots...I think what most of you are disappointed in is how we lost...I know I am, but we knew our defense before the season even began! In my eyes, we'll be fine...those guys are still growing and learning how to play solid football in the NFL and when you go up against a good team like the Patriots, it's understandable. They have a great team of coaches and a great scheme that utilizes their players. I don't blame Smitty or the coaching staff because we had a couple of opportunities to take the lead and shift the momentum and didn't convert. According to my thread, we're still on track guys...let's not let this one loss ruin your hopes for the rest of the season...they'll get better, trust me...maybe not until the last quarter of the season, but if my thread is any indication, it'll be the perfect timing.

...so what's the issue Falcon fans??? :huh:

In that thread, nearly everyone agreed that we would lose to the Patriots...I think what most of you are disappointed in is how we lost...I know I am, but we knew our defense before the season even began! In my eyes, we'll be fine...those guys are still growing and learning how to play solid football in the NFL and when you go up against a good team like the Patriots, it's understandable. They have a great team of coaches and a great scheme that utilizes their players. I don't blame Smitty or the coaching staff because we had a couple of opportunities to take the lead and shift the momentum and didn't convert. According to my thread, we're still on track guys...let's not let this one loss ruin your hopes for the rest of the season...they'll get better, trust me...maybe not until the last quarter of the season, but if my thread is any indication, it'll be the perfect timing.

Someone on this site is using their brain? That's wierd.

Someone on this site is using their brain? That's wierd.

It was a tough loss...a lot of fingers pointing in this game, but it doesn't change our record. That's what a lot of these "fans" need to understand...we're not gonna go undefeated and our defense is far from playing solid football week in and week out, they're just too young and the coaches understand that...I'm sure those guys are gonna bounce back and beat the tar out of the 49ers though. A lot of analysts are already crowning their defense as a "tough to run against" type of squad, but I think we can expose them after the bye.

Wow, someone that said something well thought out and has stuck to it.

I totally agree.

Look the Pats are tough at home.

They beat us.

However what people around here to go off the deep end fail to realize is, the Patriots started this way too.

The year they won their first SB, it's not like they were undefeated.

Reg season you want to figure out what you've got and win enough to get to the playoffs.

Then you want to get hot and take it all the way.

This team has a very good chance to do that.

Even with the defense not being world beaters, they are better than last year.

That's progress.

Last year's defense would have given up 45 points to the Pat's.

The season isn't built on one loss or one win for that matter.

Sometimes you have to have your weaknesses really exposed to learn from them.

I think they will be a better team from this loss.

They won't forget it.

They will build off it.

Now yes I had some issues with some coaching decisions yesterday, but they will iron those out as well.

I have a lot of faith in the coaching staff.

I'm still very excited by this team and will continue to be.

(that said, who doesn't get a downer after a loss. Any true fan does.)

I am proud of the 2-1 start. Are the media's view of our defense, hurting our defense? I think we have a confidence issue with our defense that starts from the media, to our coaches and finally effecting the players. BVG I still think is not the right guy for the defense. I am really sick and tired of us running the three down line man formation on 3rd downs. My view is, the more time the QB has to look for some one open, the more likely they will get open. We need a new signal caller who demands a blitz on third down. Get aggressive defense.

I am also not happy with some of the play calls that Murlakey calls when we play a tough defense. The Patriots game reminded me of the Cardinals game in the way we ran the offense. We weren't aggressive, didn't run the ball on 3rd and short etc.. I know we want to counter attack other teams, but we need to start making teams change their game plans based on our attacks. There is no reason for any team to have a set game plan against us and be able to run it with ease because we are "counter attacking" them.

Here's my prediction for the 49ers' game and three others after that...

In the second quarter of the season we're facing...

Week 5 - 25.png (Away)

Week 6 - 3.png (Home)

Week 7 - 6.png (Away)

Week 8 - 18.png (Away)

We come off our bye and start the second quarter of the season against the 49ers...how great of a way to get back into a groove! Then, once we're in a good rhythm, we have a rematch, at home, against the Bears. If we win both of these, the team will have great chemistry heading into Dallas...my only concern with this quarter is how well we can bounce back if we lose to the Cowboys and then have to face the Saints...the history with this team has proven they're more than capable of handling losses. Durrty's Prediction: 3-1.

As easily as we can go 3-1, we can go 4-0, especially if Smitty gets our defense in tact...these teams have SOLID run games, so it's imperative we get those gap controls perfected. If not, then you can subtract one or even two wins from my prediction.

It is obvious that we are a different road team from what we are at home. We were that way last year. I was hoping we would show more guts because of our offense, but the offense ended up doing more damage than the denfense in this game. Having a scoring drive turn into 0 points and a score for the other team was heart breaking.

Here's my prediction for the 49ers' game and three others after that...

As easily as we can go 3-1, we can go 4-0, especially if Smitty gets our defense in tact...these teams have SOLID run games, so it's imperative we get those gap controls perfected. If not, then you can subtract one or even two wins from my prediction.

Every single one of those games is difficult. 2-2 is the most likely outcome. 1-3 is more likely than 4-0, but 2-2 is the most likely outcome.

Every single one of those games is difficult. 2-2 is the most likely outcome. 1-3 is more likely than 4-0, but 2-2 is the most likely outcome.

I agree we come out of that 2-2.

I hate to say it, but I think the Saints will takes us in the first game.

I'm not worried about Dallas, and I think we go into that nice 18 trillion dollar stadium and dominate them from an opening kickoff return until and INT returned for 6 to end the game. :)