Ryans audibles vs. Mularkeys calls

Ice74

::Taking a deep breath and ignoring the post directly above:: Ok ...

It baffles me why we don't run the no-huddle more often.

I can't remember a time Ryan hasn't used it effectively.

Yeah. The ignore function on this board is a bit harder to use than the last one.

You could tell the Hoodie was scared of the No-Huddle.

He burned a few of his time outs to slow it down.

If we could have gotten the ball back, I bet we would have seen more of it.

Ryan doesn't call the plays during a no huddle offense. The QB helmet radio is live until 15 seconds are left on the play clock (the ball is almost always snapped before that time in a no huddle.)

If anything, a no huddle offense allows Mularkey to change the play easier as he can see how the defense is lined up and he can still ltalke to the QB.

I know the Colts call two plays in the huddle--a running and a pass play. When Manning gets up to the line his audible is usually to the other called play.

ummm, wrong, that is flat out wrong, I remember a conference call last year with Mularkey where they said as the season went on, they gave more freedom to let Ryan change the play,

and lets think about this, who are you going to trust, Mularkey sitting in a box above the field, or Ryans eyes and ears on the field, seconds before the ball is snapped, and the play clock reference, Ryan usually makes an adjustment before that, he rarely in a no huddle walks to the center and hikes the ball. he makes he reads, If i were the D I would just wait until after Mularkey makes his first adjusment(as you say) then just not show the true D coverage until within that last 15 seconds

It was pretty obvious that the no-huddle was causing the Pats fits and was wearing their defense down. Pure and simple -- if we could have made a few more stops we could have had this game, even with their 350+ passing yards and all. That punt with 7 minutes left and down two scores was a killer too. Giving the ball back to them, when we had shown time and again that we couldn't stop them, seemed crazy at that point.

ummm, wrong, that is flat out wrong, I remember a conference call last year with Mularkey where they said as the season went on, they gave more freedom to let Ryan change the play,

and lets think about this, who are you going to trust, Mularkey sitting in a box above the field, or Ryans eyes and ears on the field.

I wish we would run no huddle all game, because I am sick of the conservative garbage that Mularkey calls. Very frustrating as a fan to watch.