CBS doing the Gators no favors

slamee101

I don't remember if this was the last game they lost at night, but I remember when Tennessee went down there and beat them in their first home game after Katrinia, the looks on the fans faces were priceless lol.

A ha! I remember that and I'm pretty sure that was a legit night game...played on a Monday or some day that wasn't Saturday if I'm not mistaken.

After hearing what Bob Tebow, Tims dad had to say last night I would be beyond shocked if Tim doesnt start this game. All the same if our defense plays the way they should then we will in the game no matter whos at QB.

After listening to dr. lemak and doing more research on this I am stunned they would have him play just 2 weeks after his concussion.

always when Florida goes down there, but when LSU travels to Gainesville the game is usually a 3:30 game

I can't remember the last time the Gators and Tigers played a 3:30 game, in Gainesville or Baton Rouge. Last year it was a night game in The Swamp.

I'm saying though I'm pretty sure this game was already set as a night game even before the season started.

If its a serious concussion then one hit to the head that soon after the train wreck he was just involved in could be it for him. Hope he is not buying into the tebow is superman hype too much. One good hit to the head, and the way he runs the ball that is inevitable.

It was diagnosed as mild. He was at home yesterday and only had a light headach and no other lingering effects as of now. Not to say nothing else wont pop up but as of now he's said to be feeling really well and that comes straight from his family. All of that being said Brantley will be taking every snap from now till the game in preperation to start if need be.

It was diagnosed as mild. He was at home yesterday and only had a light headach and no other lingering effects as of now. Not to say nothing else wont pop up but as of now he's said to be feeling really well and that comes straight from his family. All of that being said Brantley will be taking every snap from now till the game in preperation to start if need be.

In all seriousness and with full regard and respect for Tebow's health and future, I think it would be unwise to put him in for this game. Being in the military and deployed to combat, I've been around guys who had mild concussions from blasts... brain trauma is no joke. He may only feel a small headache now, but it very easily can turn into migraines, problems with eye sight, changes in behavior and thought process, or something else if he doesn't follow the treatment and take care of himself.

They only started seriously investigating concussions and brain trauma in recent years, especially in regards to football impact. Concussions have lingering effects and the full risks are nowhere near understood.

I know Tebow gives Florida their best chance to win at LSU, but I think some things are more important than one football game... especially for a guy who wants and has a very very good shot at going to the next level successfully. Besides, I think LSU is a little overrated and Brantley will be fine when he gets more in sync with his receivers.

In all seriousness and with full regard and respect for Tebow's health and future, I think it would be unwise to put him in for this game. Being in the military and deployed to combat, I've been around guys who had mild concussions from blasts... brain trauma is no joke. He may only feel a small headache now, but it very easily can turn into migraines, problems with eye sight, changes in behavior and thought process, or something else if he doesn't follow the treatment and take care of himself.

They only started seriously investigating concussions and brain trauma in recent years, especially in regards to football impact. Concussions have lingering effects and the full risks are nowhere near understood.

I know Tebow gives Florida their best chance to win at LSU, but I think some things are more important than one football game... especially for a guy who wants and has a very very good shot at going to the next level successfully. Besides, I think LSU is a little overrated and Brantley will be fine when he gets more in sync with his receivers.

Puking up when he did does not equate just a mild concussion. Dr. Lemak who knows this stuff pretty dang well was very clear regarding what the research has come up with regarding these type of head injuries. There isn't a guess of when a player can play again, they have it down pretty solid and it's 2 week minimum to even consider having a player play in a game even if it is a mild concussion and he said even that is pushing. If you have a chance listen go paul finebaum's 4 hour yesterday (he has a podcast) and it's at the 19 minute mark after pat dye where he interviews dr. lemak. He works with athletes and knows this stuff better than anyone else i have listened to on this subject.