My post last week, "the Jets Blitzed Brady 22 times"

slewis1952

Coach Van Gorter needs to take a long look in the mirror. I am not saying he does or doesn't have the defensive personel to become a top NFL team. I do not fault effort. If we tried pressure and it fails, then we looks at other areas. This, however, was a complete lack of effort on Van Gorter's part. Yes we had limited blitz packages. Our DB's cannot cover receivers such as Moss for 5-6 seconds while Brady scours the field for people to throw to. Now we are back to square one defensively (and the offense didn't exactly set the world on fire either). We didn't stop the run, we didn't stop the pass. There are even better defensive-minded teams on our schedule. The Giants, the Bears, they will absolutely manhandle us if this is the way be play each week. I am nothing more than a fan and opinion on these boards. I want us to do well like everyone else. If we don't start grooming the Sidbury's and the Wm Moores, we are looking at a very long season. Finally, Michael Turner did not look good and hasn't all year. I do not know the answer but without a running game, the problem is even larger.

Coach Van Gorter needs to take a long look in the mirror. I am not saying he does or doesn't have the defensive personel to become a top NFL team. I do not fault effort. If we tried pressure and it fails, then we looks at other areas. This, however, was a complete lack of effort on Van Gorter's part. Yes we had limited blitz packages. Our DB's cannot cover receivers such as Moss for 5-6 seconds while Brady scours the field for people to throw to. Now we are back to square one defensively (and the offense didn't exactly set the world on fire either). We didn't stop the run, we didn't stop the pass. There are even better defensive-minded teams on our schedule. The Giants, the Bears, they will absolutely manhandle us if this is the way be play each week. I am nothing more than a fan and opinion on these boards. I want us to do well like everyone else. If we don't start grooming the Sidbury's and the Wm Moores, we are looking at a very long season. Finally, Michael Turner did not look good and hasn't all year. I do not know the answer but without a running game, the problem is even larger.

You really don't know the answers to anything.

If our DB's can't cover, why blitz?

The Bears aren't much of a defense this year.

If Abraham wasn't getting any pressure why would Sidbury? DeCoud looked alright out there. Should have had at least 2 picks and scared Galloway into a drop. At least he was in place to make plays. Moore needs to get healthy before he is a piece of to anything.