Matt Ryan looked like Trent Dilfer today?

#1 pick

All those dink and dunk passes and not trying to throw it to our play makers hurt us. I could understand if we were the Raiders and had Johnnie Lee Higgins and Louis Murphy as our targets but Roddy and Gonzo can go up and make a play. Matt was not aggressive enough today. I hope this changes v. SF.

it's either ryan isn't looking deep, roddy and jenkins aren't getting uncovered deep or mularkey isn't calling deep passes.

personally i think it's mularkey because the deep passing game worked good last year and roddy has a 15 ypc average, so i have a hard time believing that he can't get uncovered deep. same for jenkins.

hopefully mularkey opens it up some and we start going deep more like last year.

It's called taking what the defense gives you. I would have love to have seen some down the field throws, but they weren't there. Forcing throws is what causes interceptions.

Three and outs with a bend and don't break defense causes losses. We are not the Pittsburgh Steelers. We are the Atlanta Falcons and need Matt Ryan to carry us when the opponent personnel doesn't favor us on defense.

I have no doubt it is more on conservative play calling, than on Ryan and the wr's. I'm wondering if they are trying to avoid a sophomore slump? I don't see Ryan having one, but its like they are going out of their way to make sure he doesn't. Sanchez and Flacco are having more of a down field attack than we are.

Matt Ryan was NOT the problem today.....

The problems were twofold:

1) No run defense

2) Terrible game management by Mike Smith (not going for it on 4th and short from Pats 38, incorrect challenge call on Pats "non-fumble", punting the ball multiple times in 4th quarter on 4th downs when down by two scores).

I don't know about that. But please stop mentioning his name with the top echelon QB's in the league until he actually proves it. I squirmed when I saw PTI posing the question "Who would you rather have Brady or Ryan?"

I mean seriously. Why is everyone always in such a rush to find the "next great thing"?

smh

Matt Ryan was NOT the problem today.....

The problems were twofold:

1) No run defense

2) Terrible game management by Mike Smith (not going for it on 4th and short from Pats 38, incorrect challenge call on Pats "non-fumble", punting the ball multiple times in 4th quarter on 4th downs when down by two scores).

ding....ding....ding...we have a winner!

This is exactly what I saw too, you CANNOT punt on 4th and 4 with nine minutes left when down by two scores....especially with Brady destroying our secondary and us not stopping the run....just not smart....

you know.... I kinda agree, Ryan has showed us that he is a pretty good QB, but I am still waiting for a game where he just goes off for 300+yards and 3 TD's and a win

and he hasnt had that yet, hes only had 1 300 yard game in a win, and that was against Chicago last year, and it was barely 300... it was 301 and barely a win,

look at Flacco so far, just this season, 2 300 yard games....

which begs the question, is it Ryan or the OC...... I tend to think its the OC, he needs to start letting Ryan take over games if the running game isnt there

if that's the case - then tell me which receiver was stretching the field and getting separation?

The only shot we had, Bodden was step-for-step with Jenkins and we know that Jenkins is not our burner receiver.

Since getting paid, Roddy looks sloppy and unmotivated.

Gonzo is our 5-20 middle threat....

Roddy needs to step up - if he wanted Fitgerald money - he sure as **** doesn't act like 11.

I think there's blame to go around for the way the passing game looked. The coaching staff could have called the offense more aggressively and given Ryan a chance to make more big throws. The receivers could have caught more balls and played more intelligent football. The QB could have been more accurate with some throws and checked into more passing plays based on the way the defense was stacking the box.

When something goes wrong with a particular aspect of the game, it's very rarely the result of just one person's performance regardless of the name on the back of the jersey...

Wow this board is freaking nuts, Ryan is the LEAST of our issues and he looks VERY good this year and much improved. HE has made one mistake all year and is throwing with a completion rate 66% and a QB rating of 100 with 5 TD and one INT.

It's one loss and this entire baord freaks out. Amazing.

Matt has been a good game manager. That would be fine if we played great defense and a running game is effective. The problem is teams are putting 8 and 9 in the box and taking away the run and are defense is less than stellar. Matt has not been able to makes teams pay through the air and generate points.