A few quotes from NE

hawkeye

Brandon McGowan, Safety

(On his forced fumble)

"I wouldn't have done it without my teammates. They held those guys up at the line and gave me a free shot to hit the running back and that's what I did."

(On if the defense's plan was to be physical with Tony Gonzalez in the red zone)

"The plan was for him to not have any catches and he had one, so obviously the plan failed (laughter)."

Terrence Wheatley, Cornerback

(On shutting down Falcons TE Tony Gonzalez)

"Again just following the game plan. We had a game plan, we didn't want to come in on Monday and talk about Tony the whole time, so we were just going to force other people to beat us and again we just executed on defense and it ended with a victory."

Brandon McGowan, Safety

(On his forced fumble)

"I wouldn't have done it without my teammates. They held those guys up at the line and gave me a free shot to hit the running back and that's what I did."

(On if the defense's plan was to be physical with Tony Gonzalez in the red zone)

"The plan was for him to not have any catches and he had one, so obviously the plan failed (laughter)."

Terrence Wheatley, Cornerback

(On shutting down Falcons TE Tony Gonzalez)

"Again just following the game plan. We had a game plan, we didn't want to come in on Monday and talk about Tony the whole time, so we were just going to force other people to beat us and again we just executed on defense and it ended with a victory."

they kept it classy...atleast they weren't like they sucked

So far Roddy White and Michael Turnover are not cooperating with that "our offense is unstoppable" sentiment so many shared on these boards. Between Turner and White that is WAY TOO MUCH MONEY to pay for their poor performances !!

ok i dont know if you watched the game or if you just looked at the stats but roddy white did the best he could with the way the defense was playing him. and the fumble turner had was the product of a perfectly placed hit on the ball. its easy to dwell on the negative plays but new england just plain and simple out executed us on defense although some of the calls from the refs were questionable

ok i dont know if you watched the game or if you just looked at the stats but roddy white did the best he could with the way the defense was playing him. and the fumble turner had was the product of a perfectly placed hit on the ball. its easy to dwell on the negative plays but new england just plain and simple out executed us on defense although some of the calls from the refs were questionable

Watched the game same as you. Turner is starting to tip toe, reminds me of Duckett. Roddy with those drops, shades of '06. This was a big game, a measuring stick if you will. These types of games have to be won, period.

Watched the game same as you. Turner is starting to tip toe, reminds me of Duckett. Roddy with those drops, shades of '06. This was a big game, a measuring stick if you will. These types of games have to be won, period.

i agree turner isnt hitting the hole with the same tenacity as last year but the holes just havent been there so far like they were last year. people are really starting to key in on turner which is part of the reason gonzo has been blowing it up so far (the other part is that he's just plain sick.) new england just put together a perfect gameplan to slow our offense down and we screwed ourself over a couple of times. we had the luxury of getting a couple turnovers these last couple games and today showed us what its gonna be like going against a strong offense. hopefully our D can step it up.