I Don't Blame Decoud Too Much

Dharma Initiative

If he didn't at least get in the way of the passes, both of those would've been touchdowns. He was in good position, but couldn't make the catches.

It sucks, but he at least had good coverage.

Like they say if you get your hands on the ball you got to make plays. That's the difference between a great team and a good team.

Put William Moore at SS. Erik was very unimpressive today.

Coleman is not comfortable at SS. He is usually the 8th man in the box and he just isn't making any impact. I can't blame him. He was a all-pro FS with the Jets and got released after he was moved to SS.

He is not the best option there and that is why I think Moore will eventually take over for Coleman there. He is like a 4th LB out there and really can diagnose and stuff the run.

What happens at FS? ..... I just don't know, but I am 85% sure that Moore will get some PT simply because his skill set matches exactly what we need at SS. It will definitely be hard to take DeCoud out at FS, but Coleman just isn't making any type of impact out there at SS.

he played alright. He fell down once and Brady overthrew Moss deep. However, DeCoud put himself in position to make 2 interceptions. You have to give him credit for that. He will convert those in the future, but this is his first taste of getting his hands on the ball.

Its all about experience. He is so new to playing every down out there. I am liking his progression though. Game 1 he didnt do much, game 2 he had some great hits, game 3 he got his hands on 2 near picks and had a handful of tackles.

Keep it up DeCoud!

I don't see how anyone can find any blame for DeCoud. He didn't catch any INTs, but he was in the position to cause incompletions.

He is a starting NFL FS. Those 2 drops were easy catches. We all know that he has never had great hands, actually probably has the worse hands in our entire secondary.

He HAS to come up with those catches at least 1 of them if he wants to keep his job. He was also out of position a couple times and Brady overthrowing his WRs saved us.

He has to play better because he was not a factor.

He is a starting NFL FS. Those 2 drops were easy catches. We all know that he has never had great hands, actually probably has the worse hands in our entire secondary.

He HAS to come up with those catches at least 1 of them if he wants to keep his job. He was also out of position a couple times and Brady overthrowing his WRs saved us.

He has to play better because he was not a factor.

W.....T.....F

he looks like an up and comer to me. He's been flying around the field and making plays the last 2 weeks. the 2nd missed int he had, we haven't had a DB make a play like that in a while.

I agree completely. There was one play when the Pats receiver caught a ball and had 4 Falcons around him (within 5 to 8 yards). I was wondering which of those 4 Falcons would make the tackle. Suddenly, a different Falcons from a lot further away zoomed in and made the tackle. He made everyone else on the field look like they were in slow motion. That was Decoud. Also, some strong open field one-on-one tackles. Plus, he should get credit for 2 well-defended passes (even though he had a chance to intercept both of them).