This loss is Mike Smiths fault

DynomiteD

Yet again we see the philosophy of Mike Smith in tight games. It is quite obvious that he is a defensive minded coach based on todays decision making. I have said it once and i will say it again, it is time to allow Matt Ryan and our Offense to try and win some games. You cannot keep putting it on this D to try and hold us in it. They are incapable of preventing any of the top offenses from scoring. they marched the ball at will and yet we make decisions to take the ball out of the offenses hands and pray for a defensive stop. For gods sake, go for it on that 4th down. you can not win if you dont score points and you cannot score points if you keep kicking the ball away. This game was coached like a bunch of scared little boys. Mix up the Play calling please. How about one blitz. just one might help. Nah, we will just give him an hour to find an open receiver. It is only tom brady after all. Coach, you have to let your offense try to win these types of games. Grow a set before we get to the Saints or we are doomed. Our PASSING O is not stoppable. If they want to stack the freaking box stop running the ball. Pretty simple really, the pick your poison theory doesnt work if you dont take what the defense is giving you. They are playing the run so pass! if they drop back in coverage then run! Stop with the idiot play calling!

I hate to say it but I pretty much agree. I think we played this way too close to the vest, especially with Welker out. We threw twice deep, and both times their men were beat. But we never tried it again. Punting when down by 16 at the 7:00 mark to a team that ALREADY had executed three 10+ minute drives was giving up, plain and simple. Our defense hadn't stopped them all day, they only stopped themselves. What made us think we could stop them then? I don't know wnat Smith was thinking. It was like we just decided to bow down to the "mighty" Patriots and let them take the game away from us.

The defensive play calling was just as bad. Only one or two blitzes, and even then only a 5 man rush. Brady was standing back there like a Barbie doll. And letting the 5'8" Grimes get matched up to the 6'4" Moss repeatedly was just plain stupid. We MUST start matching our corners to make things more in our favor. And what is Houston playing 10 yards off Moss on a crucial 4th and 1 for? How simple do we want to make it for them?

The Patriots played AWFUL. Brady looked worse than Delhomme. They tried to give us the game, but we refused to take it. Mostly our coaches refused.

Yet again we see the philosophy of Mike Smith in tight games. It is quite obvious that he is a defensive minded coach based on todays decision making. I have said it once and i will say it again, it is time to allow Matt Ryan and our Offense to try and win some games. You cannot keep putting it on this D to try and hold us in it. They are incapable of preventing any of the top offenses from scoring. they marched the ball at will and yet we make decisions to take the ball out of the offenses hands and pray for a defensive stop. For gods sake, go for it on that 4th down. you can not win if you dont score points and you cannot score points if you keep kicking the ball away. This game was coached like a bunch of scared little boys. Mix up the Play calling please. How about one blitz. just one might help. Nah, we will just give him an hour to find an open receiver. It is only tom brady after all. Coach, you have to let your offense try to win these types of games. Grow a set before we get to the Saints or we are doomed. Our PASSING O is not stoppable. If they want to stack the freaking box stop running the ball. Pretty simple really, the pick your poison theory doesnt work if you dont take what the defense is giving you. They are playing the run so pass! if they drop back in coverage then run! Stop with the idiot play calling!

WOW!!! I think that you guys "totally NAILED" the reason for this loss!!! Makes MORE sense than anything else that I have heard today!

[size="5"]FALCONS - Get some plays that "WORK" and...

...GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At times I thought Greg Knapp was calling the plays today...

Me too!!!

I am MAD AS **** !!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

i agree. just when matt builds some momentum, we started getting conservative and killed our drive by forcing the ball into Turners hands. Its like we are trying too hard to be a power running team. I know it was successful last year but we also played bad defenses last year. We need to remove the chains from Matt and just let him ball.

I hate to say it but I pretty much agree. I think we played this way too close to the vest, especially with Welker out. We threw twice deep, and both times their men were beat. But we never tried it again. Punting when down by 16 at the 7:00 mark to a team that ALREADY had executed three 10+ minute drives was giving up, plain and simple. Our defense hadn't stopped them all day, they only stopped themselves. What made us think we could stop them then? I don't know wnat Smith was thinking. It was like we just decided to bow down to the "mighty" Patriots and let them take the game away from us.

The defensive play calling was just as bad. Only one or two blitzes, and even then only a 5 man rush. Brady was standing back there like a Barbie doll. And letting the 5'8" Grimes get matched up to the 6'4" Moss repeatedly was just plain stupid. We MUST start matching our corners to make things more in our favor. And what is Houston playing 10 yards off Moss on a crucial 4th and 1 for? How simple do we want to make it for them?

The Patriots played AWFUL. Brady looked worse than Delhomme. They tried to give us the game, but we refused to take it. Mostly our coaches refused.

yeah, Its almost like the coaching staff isn't watching tape of the previous games. I know we can't leave our corners on an island with their receivers, but it was obvious that Jake couldn't preform under pressure and yet we never blitzed him and again the same with Brady today. If teams lay a blueprint use it. We just get too conservative at the end of these games. Really, the coaching staff is playing not to lose instead of going for the win. I know our head coach is a defensive coach but wake up and realize that our D isn't going to win games. Keep the D off the field by all necessary means( go for it on 4th when the game is on the line). Stop telling Matt Ryan that you don't trust him to make the play. It is better to go down trying to win rather than basically giving up.