Hate to say it we needed a game like this

nativefalcon

Hate to say it we needed a game like this, just to prove to the team your not there yet.

This game surely knocked them back down to earth. In 98 we won the first 2 games then llost to the Jets, thne we went on a crazy winning streak. Not like thats going to happen this year, but that game seemed to open the 98 teams eyes. Were close but not there yet.

I have Faith in Demitroff and Smith. ;)

Look at the bright side we could have lost to the Lions. :P

How many people on these boards are heartbroken? I saw so many "we are gonna kick the Patriots arse" threads and IMHO people were just putting themselves in a position for a huge letdown...

I expected us to go up there and lose.. a road game against the Pats who haven't lost back to back games in how many years? Really a no brainer.

How many people on these boards are heartbroken? I saw so many "we are gonna kick the Patriots arse" threads and IMHO people were just putting themselves in a position for a huge letdown...

I expected us to go up there and lose.. a road game against the Pats who haven't lost back to back games in how many years? Really a no brainer.

Sad thing I had a feeling about this game, why i would have never Bet on it, it just didn't seem right. We'll see them again in time. ;)

It is not the end of the world we lost, after all we did play the mighty New England, but it was definitely a sobering loss.

We now understand that we don't have unstoppable offense that can put up endless numbers on the board because we got held to 10 points, all in the first half, so we can't afford mediocre defensive play and bad playcalling/coaching. We lost a game in which we scored first so that record is gone. Now we are aware that it is not enough to start strong but we have to stay consistent throughout the game.

It is time to re-evaluate all aspects of our game. Our weaknesses were exposed and our strengths were curbed in this game. I am glad we have a bye week coming up, definitely a good time to stop and think.

I'm really upset with how we played and the outcome of course, but I know what you're saying about those threads, the really laughable ones were the predictions of easy or lopsided Falcon victories. I believe that they could have won a close one up there, but that's about it.

Oh and I disagree with the OP that we 'needed' this.

Man stick a sock in it. No time for backstabbing I told you so Judas here. Everyone knew it has gonna be a hard game, but i guess we should come to you from now on to tell us the games outcomes.

I'm really upset with how we played and the outcome of course, but I know what you're saying about those threads, the really laughable ones were the predictions of easy or lopsided Falcon victories. I believe that they could have won a close one up there, but that's about it.

Oh and I disagree with the OP that we 'needed' this.

Ok we agree to disagree, but we needed it to show WHAT OUR PROBLEMS ARE, you can't fix what you don't know what it is. ;)

The true lesson from today is that we are not good enough to play not to lose against good teams and expect to win on a regular basis. All fourth quarter I waited for us to take a stand and challenge their defense to make a play, and all fourth quarter we seemed content to punt the ball away...

CAN SOMEONE tell me why eff we were punting the ball away in the 4th & short distances??????? for a moment I just thought they dont have any FIRE in them to bring this home with a W!

Man stick a sock in it. No time for backstabbing I told you so Judas here. Everyone knew it has gonna be a hard game, but i guess we should come to you from now on to tell us the games outcomes.

Ok... mark this one on a yellow stickie and paste it on your PC screen.

"A repeat 11-5 with this schedule would be an amazing season."

Check back in December and let me know if I'm right... and BTW, not saying "I told you so" to anyone, I'm just saying that a lot of people were underestimating New England based on their first 2 games, but I wasn't one of them.

In fact, my only statement regarding the game was "I think we have a chance to go up there and win if we play like we did the first 2 weeks." None of this "OMG we are gonna smash them 35-6" crap.

Ok... mark this one on a yellow stickie and paste it on your PC screen.

"A repeat 11-5 with this schedule would be an amazing season."

Check back in December and let me know if I'm right... and BTW, not saying "I told you so" to anyone, I'm just saying that a lot of people were underestimating New England based on their first 2 games, but I wasn't one of them.

In fact, my only statement regarding the game was "I think we have a chance to go up there and win if we play like we did the first 2 weeks." None of this "OMG we are gonna smash them 35-6" crap.

Okay, gotcha

The problem is this is not a wake-up call it is a regressive trend defensively. Each week we have gotten worse. We have returned to a preseason-esque level defense. The sky is not falling but it is a red flag.

I can also say, as a fan, that if I never had to see a sieve defense again it will be too soon. I have been watching this crap for years and it makes my blood boil. All game long I had to endure one broken tackle after another.

I think the worst of it is that we have a bye week so now the last thing I had to witness was this game. That blows. I will shake it off and hope for the best but if we had at least held our own it would be easier.

The problem is this is not a wake-up call it is a regressive trend defensively. Each week we have gotten worse. We have returned to a preseason-esque level defense. The sky is not falling but it is a red flag.

I can also say, as a fan, that if I never had to see a sieve defense again it will be too soon. I have been watching this crap for years and it makes my blood boil. All game long I had to endure one broken tackle after another.

I think the worst of it is that we have a bye week so now the last thing I had to witness was this game. That blows. I will shake it off and hope for the best but if we had at least held our own it would be easier.

Wake up call, regression, either way you call it, It sucked in all areas except ST. I have faith in the coaches and staff, All is not lost and the sky is not falling. We needed to learn a lesson and the pats taught it. ;)

Wake up call, regression, either way you call it, It sucked in all areas except ST. I have faith in the coaches and staff, All is not lost and the sky is not falling. We needed to learn a lesson and the pats taught it. ;)

You mean the same lesson we learned last year? How many times do we need to learn it?