Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pejo

You ppl need to lay off Turner

18 posts in this topic

Turner is in no way a TJ Duckett! If you watched the game you would see that when he carried the ball he got yards. And that fumble, not much he could have done about that! It was a good hit. If its anybodys fault its the coaches. I have one question for them, WHY HAVE YOU ABANDONED THE RUN THIS YEAR?!?!?!?! :angry::angry:

It's just ridiculous how quick people turn on our players.

If Turner's drop off does last all season, realize that a big factor was he was over used last season.

Turner is in no way a TJ Duckett! If you watched the game you would see that when he carried the ball he got yards. And that fumble, not much he could have done about that! It was a good hit. If its anybodys fault its the coaches. I have one question for them, WHY HAVE YOU ABANDONED THE RUN THIS YEAR?!?!?!?! :angry::angry:

Are you high?

The question is... why have you relied so heavily on the run this year? Going into this game, Turner led the league in carries. Hardly abandoning the run. This game... it wasn't working, and we were having some success passing(more than rushing), yet they didn't do what works.

Are you high?

The question is... why have you relied so heavily on the run this year? Going into this game, Turner led the league in carries. Hardly abandoning the run. This game... it wasn't working, and we were having some success passing(more than rushing), yet they didn't do what works.

Thank you

I feel turner will be fine , once again I go with the Falcons 8-0 record when he gets 26 or more carries, sooooooooo feed him, especially when you want to control the clock/keep the opposing offense off the field.

I have no doubt Turn will crush the 1200 yard mark, and if we used Nor or Snell more effectively then they would have at least +500 yards each by the end of the season (that's just rushing, norwood and even snell need screens and passes out the backfield!!!

Are you high?

You make a good point. I think that we also need a little more creativity when it comes to the play calling with the talent we have. I'm not talking about a lot of trick plays but it seems we've become a little vanilla and in doing so very predictable.

Honestly, except for the fumble that really killed our first half momentum, I had no problem with Turner today. He had some decent carries through tackles for 6 or 7 yards. He does seem to have problems breaking off for long yardage and that is a concern and should be looked at. It could be playcalling.

Wow, the last time I checked, Turner had the most carries by a single player before this game.

We have abandoned the run. :lol:

I love Turner, but he isn't the same this year. He hit 100 yards last game but had less than a 4 yard average. Anyone can hit 100 yards when you run it 28 times.

Not many people can hit a 100 yards when you run it 28 times and there is rarely a hole to run through. Maybe if your offensive line doesnt get blown up every single play, then you might get to a 100 yards.

Not many people can hit a 100 yards when you run it 28 times and there is rarely a hole to run through. Maybe if your offensive line doesnt get blown up every single play, then you might get to a 100 yards.

I bet every running back this season, and almost all of them last season with 28 carries got 100 yards in their game.

I bet every running back this season, and almost all of them last season with 28 carries got 100 yards in their game.

I don't think you get the point here, when a running back gets the ball and for atleast a whole half there is no holes or you are getting your offensive linemen knocked back into you, you probably wont hit a 100 yards.

I don't think it is Turner. I think it is the OC being known as a run first coach and plus with the success Turner had running the ball last year Teams are now keying in on the run on first and second down. A good OC would pass them out of stacking the box.IMHO a good OC wouldn't be know as a run first or a pass first coach. A good OC needs to adjust to what the other team defense is keying on and make them pay for it. If the other team is putting 8 or 9 people in the box on first down majority of the plays why do you still run it on first down 85% of the time and put your team in a hole?

turner is not the next tj duckett lol...just the thought of that makes me laugh.

he's not performing at the level i expected him to though....there's still time to turn it around.