Reasons we lost 2 the Patriots

Matt Ryan #2

1.Like I said on a earlier post the Patriots lie about their injury reports. Moss clearly had NO injury what so ever.

2.We suck at run stopping!!!!!!

3.We have short small corners. That means draft some nice tall corners which we have been needing 4 ever. Someone like Saun Smith that the Dolphins drafted. He would be a perfect corner.

4.Michael Turners fumble right before halftime. Wrong time 2 ever fumble.

5.REFS...1st of all when Michael Jenkins caught that 1st 1 handed catch and the corner was on his right arm they didnt call pass interference and the next play when Jenkins caught the Touch Down pass it was the exact same situation they call a dumb offensive pass interference just because we were taking the lead. They called the flag back on the patriots when we punted and they called ineligible player down field on us and block in the back on the patriots. They called the block in the back off and just gave them an extra 5 yards after the punt. I wanna see the refs call a flag back for us 1 of these days. It never happens....only 4 the patriots at gilete stadium. Should have won that game. Patriots suck.

1. Not getting a TD on that first drive, really should've had that.

2. Turner's fumble after another getting momentum and another good drive, absolutely can't do that on the road.

3. Jenkins' interference call, what a time to get that.

4. Too often the Pats' offense got yards when they needed them, even with all the dropped or missed passes.

With the holes on defense, the offense needs to carry the load and they didn't do it today. Hopefully they'll regroup and get back on track after the bye week.

1. Our defensive front 4 can not get off blocks... sure the pats were doing their fair share of holding... but if we dont get seperation.. todays nfl refs wont make the call

2. Our D-backs can not man cover.. what more is there to say??

3. Turner isnt scaring anybody right now... the fumble aside.. i almost groan when we hand off, he's shown nothing yet this season

4. the refs did suck... but they always suck at away games.. comes with the territory...

i just chose some reason y i think we should have won this game 2day. We have a whole bye week 2 get healthy and get back on track. And no we could not move the line 2day at all on defense. U kno its going wrong on defense when u dont hear Abrahams name called once the whole game. Especially when we have the corners that we have. Our coaching staff only looks at athletic abilities when trying 2 draft DB's. They dont look at size which i think is more important in the NFL with these big recievers in the NFL. Which is y i keep bringing up Shaun Smith of the Dolphins. I think he is the perfect rookie corner. We should start scouting more corners like him. We spent all of our draft picks on defense this year and our D is still terrible. Its a sad story when im taller than all of our corners and safties. Im 6ft tall and our tallest corner is 5'11 in Brian Williams not 2 add that he is slow. Houston 5'10. Our tallest and biggest DB is William Moore at 6' and his injury is keeping him from playing. Shaun Smith is 6'3 with a decent 40 time and shuttle time.

O yea and we had our shortest corner in Brent Grimes on Moss every 3rd down play making it easy 2 get a 1st. Lets figure this a 5'9 probably less than subpar corner versus a 6'4 stud 1 of the NFL's greatest recievers ever. Who do u think will win that matchup? I give Grimes credit on the 1 3rd down play where he made moss make that tough sideline catch when Grimes looked like he knocked the ball out. That was a good play but come on.

Is that the excuse you or everyone else that is dogging the Falcons out right now will use when the team doesnt perform as well as it should?

Its not an excuse. Its one of the many reasons we didnt win toady. Im calling it how it is. Im not "dogging" the falcons...talk to mike vick about that one. This post is about the reasons why we lost, so go **** yourself if you can handle the discussion d-bag

i guess that decision to go for it on forth down was bad coaching...we got it...i guess that call on jenkins was bad coaching...ive seen moss do the same thing 100 times, but you cant challenge a pi call....we are 2-1 & have a bye, so for all you folks that are bashing everything YOU think is wrong, remember this...you are a fan....not a gm, coach , or player, & wins & loses effect them more than it does us, because this is their jobs, this is what they work on all week while we are doing our jobs, & to watch a game on sunday on our butt & criticize is out of line...remember where we have been & where we are going....its time for patience...not armchair gms,coaches, or qbs

Our OL is 1 of the most underrated lines in the lg so that wasnt the problem. O everybody doesnt just watch the games. I play basketball and football so im practicing alot. I just love my Falcons so i have 2 comment on what i think went wrong and i really think our secondary is just bad which is 1 of the positions i play other than QB i play CB also and i truly believe i am better than some of the DB's we have. Im taller than all but William Moore tho thats 4 sure. 6'

I'm starting to see some common trends here for our team. These are our issues IMO.

The center of our offensive line doesn't get very much push. Way too often this year have I see our offensive line shaped like a V towards the QB when we are running. I'm placing that on Blalock and McClure. IMO I think that we should start looking at new options at C and maybe even LG next year.

Our entire defensive line outside of Abraham is very mediocre or below average. Outside of John Abraham, who is getting older, who do we have on the defensve line that ever requires more than one average blocker or just a TE to take care of? Babineaux is great at getting the occasional big gap shot, but outside of that nothing. I'm about utterly spent on Jamaal Anderson, outside of maybe two-three plays a game the guy can't even beat TEs 1 on 1 most of the time. We let Brady sit in the pocket all game and barely ever get touched with any 4-5 man rush, and no CB/LB squad in the NFL can cover that long.

Our CBs are simply just not good. Houston just doesn't get it, and doesn't play physical enough. Look at every good CB in this league. They usually have a few common traits. They are extremely physical with their play, they have good instincts for the ball, and they have great fundamentals. Houston has the physical ability to play rough with WRs, but lacks instincts and his fundamentals are hardly worth bragging over.

I'm not dooming and glooming, but these are things that I just keep consistently seeing with our team this year. If we want to go over the top, we HAVE to win at the Line of Scrimmage. That means be able to run the ball, stop the run, and get to the other team's quarterback. We did none of those today, which is why we lost.

i guess that decision to go for it on forth down was bad coaching...we got it...i guess that call on jenkins was bad coaching...ive seen moss do the same thing 100 times, but you cant challenge a pi call....we are 2-1 & have a bye, so for all you folks that are bashing everything YOU think is wrong, remember this...you are a fan....not a gm, coach , or player, & wins & loses effect them more than it does us, because this is their jobs, this is what they work on all week while we are doing our jobs, & to watch a game on sunday on our butt & criticize is out of line...remember where we have been & where we are going....its time for patience...not armchair gms,coaches, or qbs

Your right. NONE of what you have listed is "bad coaching". Of course Jenks passer interference wasnt bad coaching! But the 2nd half was not managed well. Of course its not my job to coach or manage this team, but as a fan I can saftley say that in my opinion we could have made better calls out there. We didnt get after Brady enough up front. We played that bend but dont break defense. Did you see how many coverages we blew. Decoud and Coleman were saving our *** all game. And on offense...we should have gone for it on 4th. Overall a good performance. Im just saying its the small things we missed out on..

We have Abraham on the line and thats about it. Jonathan is probably our 2nd or 3rd best defensive lineman. I kindof like him because he seems 2 make alot of plays. I think our 2nd best lineman is this guy (KROY BIERMAN) a man who wasnt ever even talked about but makes the 2nd most plays on our d line other than abraham and he doesnt even play half the snaps.

SSDOG you are so right. This is this year, not last year. Turner is not the same runner and without Norwood, he had a top rushing effort of 7 yards. Our offense was out defensed by NE who shut down Gonzales. We went into that game already defeated. Also, our defense is back to last year's sorry effort. No pass rush at all. I said earlier in the week we have to blitz... we did very, very little. If we are to become an upper echelon team, this type of effort has to be once a season. I have a feeling it isn't and I hope I am wrong. Finally, NE went for 4th on their own 25 yard line. We would never do that. Does it tell you something?????