Observations from the MSU- LSU game

ghost87

First of all, why are people even throwing at Patrick Peterson? You take your life into your own hands when you do. Peterson vs Green should be awesome this week. Defense has really showed up this year. The score was a bit decieving of how the defense played as our pathetic special teams gave Moo State the ball on the 1 yard line once and consistently gave their offense good field postiton.

Offense is still trying to figure it out. Charles Scott is just struggling, Keiland Williams is picking up the slack well though. Jefferson just looks timid. It seemed like our WR's were wide open the whole game and he wasnt able to find them. He's at least not turning the ball over but he should be doing more with our incredible recievers. Lafell should be an all-american and Tolliver is just as big a threat, if a bit inconsistent. Russell Shepard has looked lethal but the coaching staff seems afraid to use him in key situations. I dont understand that. He might be our most dynamic player. The interior of our offensive line just sucks right now.

Special teams were a joke during this game. ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC. No way we win if they have a repeat preformance next week.

Goal line stand!!!!!!!

Ive never screamed so loud in my life ( as an LSU fan that says something). Before the 4 and 1, Al Woods walked over to the LSU section and screamed at out fans to go crazy. We responded.

Thank god for Chad Jones. He's the offensive and defensive player of the week bar none.

Post your thoughts UGA fans. Feel free to think you'll blow us out.

I will be going there next year for the UGA @ Miss St. game. What was the atmosphere like there?

Louder than you'll ever expect for sure. The state fans were nice and treated me well at the tailgate. Once those cowbell's start ringing, the noise can be very impressive. That massive screen at the endzone dominated the whole stadium.

LSU is the most overrated team in college football

They barely beat Washington, didn't do anything against Vandy until the 4th quarter, couldn't blow out Louisiana Lafayette, and had to stop Mississippi State at the goal line

Georgia should stomp the **** out of them this week, then Florida will kill them, Auburn will beat them, then Alabama will kill them, Ole Miss will take them down and Arkansas is a coin flip

7-5 at best 6-6 likely

LSU is the most overrated team in college football

They barely beat Washington, didn't do anything against Vandy until the 4th quarter, couldn't blow out Louisiana Lafayette, and had to stop Mississippi State at the goal line

Georgia should stomp the **** out of them this week, then Florida will kill them, Auburn will beat them, then Alabama will kill them, Ole Miss will take them down and Arkansas is a coin flip

7-5 at best 6-6 likely

Washington beat USC. We effectively beat them by 2 touchdowns as they're last score was a garbage time touchdown with one sec left. We could lose to Georgia, Florida, Alabama and MAYBE Auburn. But Ole Miss? Thats a joke. You can keep your predictions. Ill find you later.

Yep, we barely beat Arkansas, USC (By a great goalline play from Rennie), and barely be ASU, I didn't get to see that game but from the way it sounds we got lucky in that one. Now we get to play a LSU team that is no doubt loaded, to say I'm concerned is a understatement, for someone to say we're going to blow them out is a joke. I appreciate the confidence from our fellow fans but our team has some ways to go before we can start making statements like that about a top 5 team. We may win, but I don't see it being a blow out, heck last year was pretty close until the fourth when we had Moreno and Stafford leading the team.

Yep, we barely beat Arkansas, USC (By a great goalline play from Rennie), and barely be ASU, I didn't get to see that game but from the way it sounds we got lucky in that one. Now we get to play a LSU team that is no doubt loaded, to say I'm concerned is a understatement, for someone to say we're going to blow them out is a joke. I appreciate the confidence from our fellow fans but our team has some ways to go before we can start making statements like that about a top 5 team. We may win, but I don't see it being a blow out, heck last year was pretty close until the fourth when we had Moreno and Stafford leading the team.

the person who is saying we will blow them out is not a uga fan and i have been on many boards and most non uga fans think we win and most think we blow out lsu. our own fans need to quit throwing in the towel all the time. i guess our fans have amnesia and don't have enough faith in our coaches who have had us average 10 wins per year. kinda of like fans thinking joe cox would stink up the joint. would you like me to go down the 2002 wins for our 13-1 team? we had a number of ugly wins and one loss that shouldn't have happened.. how about the 2007 team? a bunch of ugly wins there as well. This uga team has issues, but what team doesn't. If we can find someway to not hurt ourselves we do win this game easily IMO.

the person who is saying we will blow them out is not a uga fan and i have been on many boards and most non uga fans think we win and most think we blow out lsu. our own fans need to quit throwing in the towel all the time. i guess our fans have amnesia and don't have enough faith in our coaches who have had us average 10 wins per year. kinda of like fans thinking joe cox would stink up the joint. would you like me to go down the 2002 wins for our 13-1 team? we had a number of ugly wins and one loss that shouldn't have happened.. how about the 2007 team? a bunch of ugly wins there as well. This uga team has issues, but what team doesn't. If we can find someway to not hurt ourselves we do win this game easily IMO.

I didn't say we should throw in the towel, I think we have a chance and I think we have the players to beat anyone in the country, and thats what I expect everytime we play but I feel the coaching, and not just Martinez, has got to step it up. Richt needs to make an example and pop one of our coaches in the jaw. To say we're going to blow out LSU after the way we've played so far this season is ridiculous, could we do it, sure but considering the way the season has gone so far there is no way anyone could logically predict something like that. At this point in the season, it could go either way, and it could get ugly or could be close but to make predictions that we'll blow them out is not logical.

I've been saying it for two weeks now there are only two teams in the SEC that are better than they were last year and that is Tennessee and Auburn, every other team is worse than they were last year.

Edit

and if it wasn't a night game in Red Stick I believe Auburn would manhandle LSU, given the setting it will be an extremely good game IMO

I think we have the potential to be better than we was last year but we've got to play cleaner football (less turn overs) and have to hunker down on the defensive side and start creating some turn overs. Our special teams is also very inconsistent, I think the directional kicking needs to stop, let our players play. When you have Top 10 recruiting classes yearly, you shouldn't be afraid to play your players against anyone, stop overcoaching our special teams.

I've been saying it for two weeks now there are only two teams in the SEC that are better than they were last year and that is Tennessee and Auburn, every other team is worse than they were last year.

Edit

and if it wasn't a night game in Red Stick I believe Auburn would manhandle LSU, given the setting it will be an extremely good game IMO

Well tennessee and auburn were just not very good last year. It's hard to get worse from being completely pathetic teams. The question never was if either team would be better IMO, but how much better. Auburn has a lot to prove and so does Tennessee, but both teams have shown promise.

I will be going there next year for the UGA @ Miss St. game. What was the atmosphere like there?

The atmosphere is absolutely amazing. I love it here. Ghost is right. When that Cowbell start, it's crazy. I own one myself and I go crazy. We will ring that cowbell every time the opponent offense is on the field. I don't remember how many delay of game we cause when LSU offense was near the student section. Student section here is crazy.

By the way, I'm a student at State.

Ghost where were you sitting when you were at the game?

The atmosphere is absolutely amazing. I love it here. Ghost is right. When that Cowbell start, it's crazy. I own one myself and I go crazy. We will ring that cowbell every time the opponent offense is on the field. I don't remember how many delay of game we cause when LSU offense was near the student section. Student section here is crazy.

By the way, I'm a student at State.

Ghost where were you sitting when you were at the game?