Wes Welker might be out

Per John Czarnecki of Fox Sports, Wes Welker won't play on Sunday against Atlanta.

Don't go jumping to pull Welker out of your fantasy lineup just yet, as reports earlier this week had said that he would try and play. Also Czarnecki's accuracy has historically been similar to a coin flip. We'll have to wait and see if Welker will give it a go when it gets closer to game time. Julian Edelman would likely fill in for him if he can't play on his gimpy knee.

I still think that he won't play since he was only LP on THU and DNP on Wed and Fri.

I WOULD BE VERY SURPRISED IF WES SITS THIS GAME OUT. THE PATRIOTS ARE TREATING THIS GAME AS A MUST WIN.

I seriously doubt that. Out of conference games are the least important games. A team that lost out on the playoffs because a tie-breakers last year certainly knows that. If Welker does further damage to his knee in this game and he isn't there to play in a game against the Jets or Dolphins later in the year, that would be a pretty bad trade off.

Besides that, it the guys is limited because of his injury, then Edelman is probably a better option.

I seriously doubt that. Out of conference games are the least important games. A team that lost out on the playoffs because a tie-breakers last year certainly knows that. If Welker does further damage to his knee in this game and he isn't there to play in a game against the Jets or Dolphins later in the year, that would be a pretty bad trade off.

Besides that, it the guys is limited because of his injury, then Edelman is probably a better option.

agreed!!!

I agree with you. This is not end of the season game. Season is still young and new so they can afford to sit Welker to sit down for one or 2 more game. Division and Conf games are more important than out of conf game. Also, if it's going to be Rainy day I see no reason to put your injured player on the field.

Welker never practiced on Wed and Friday. Also, he was only LP on Thursday. So let's see what happens.

99% sure that he won't suit up today.

Bilichick has probably watched the film and is concerned that one misstep in the flats and a splatter tackle by Nicholas could make Welker a casualty for the year.

Watching the speed of our OLB's, you have to think that a receiver like Welker slightly gimpy is an accident waiting to happen.

He is going to get covered and hit by big fast bodies all day if he plays.

If he holds him out, I think it is because he decided the matchup was just too bad to justify risking Welker long term.

disclaimer: I am a massive homer and all opinions are clouded by fanaticism.