Madden worth getting this year?

Madden 05's franchise mode was better.

This year the stats are always really skewed (way too many passing TDs, way too few rushing TDs). There's no training camp or practice and you have to pay an extra $1.99 to get the maximum progression out of your team.

Less detailed owner mode, free agency and rookie contracts are completely ********, NCAA draft classes don't import well (3 of the top 5 will always be fullbacks and most good players are rated in the low 70s while Tim Tebow is invariably a 86-89 overall as a rook), schedules in later years have no logic or realism, etc., etc.

I say rent it and see if you like it. But if offline franchise is your main thing, you're gonna be disappointed. Madden pretty much exclusively caters to the online competitive crowd now.

This year the stats are always really skewed (way too many passing TDs, way too few rushing TDs). There's no training camp or practice and you have to pay an extra $1.99 to get the maximum progression out of your team.

Less detailed owner mode, free agency and rookie contracts are completely ********, NCAA draft classes don't import well (3 of the top 5 will always be fullbacks and most good players are rated in the low 70s while Tim Tebow is invariably a 86-89 overall as a rook), schedules in later years have no logic or realism, etc., etc.

I say rent it and see if you like it. But if offline franchise is your main thing, you're gonna be disappointed. Madden pretty much exclusively caters to the online competitive crowd now.

Thanks, I think I'll hold off on it then.

i was about to ask this. I just finished my first year of an off-line franchise. I noticed that my players only seemed to progress at the end of the year. Is that the functionality this year? or like you said, i have to purchase one of those add-ons for people to progress during the year? or am i missing something?

If you play online, get ready for a heavy dose of playing the Eagles with Vick at the helm as it seems 98% of the people I've played so far do that. Lots of drop back 30 yards and deliver a laser accurate pass while on the run. <_< I will say that it is much better than Madden 09 which I use as a drink coaster now.

If you play online, get ready for a heavy dose of playing the Eagles with Vick at the helm as it seems 98% of the people I've played so far do that. Lots of drop back 30 yards and deliver a laser accurate pass while on the run. <_< I will say that it is much better than Madden 09 which I use as a drink coaster now.

You know, I have yet to run into anyone in my extensive playing of the game online ranked and unranked who dropped back 30 yards or so and completed passes, or even near that much. I've played a few people who like to run around with Vick and try to pass, but it's hardly been anything hard to contain if you know how to play some D.

I can ateast to this, seems like 2/3 times I play online its vs the eagles and vick. The jist of the play calling is this 'run around with vick if about to get tackled, throw it deep'.........

I had this guy put Vick as the FG holder. He would run a fake FG from his own 10 yard line on first down and I couldn't stop it for the life of me.

Other than running into a few people who use these glitches I think the game is excellent.

umm lol, I played a guy two nights ago that did the same thing!! I was like wtf??????????