I have my doubts...

Captain Insano

i love my falcons and im ecstatic on our 2-0 start this season...but with that being said, i dont think we could have faced the patriots at a worse time...they lost their first game of the season last week to a huge rival and they are going to be hungry for a win...even the panthers were hungry last week against us but luckily it was delhomme playing us and not tom brady...look for tom brady to be firing on all cylinders with moss and welker being in there this afternoon...i feel like we have a great chance to win this game and start out being 3-0 into the bye, but i just have this feeling that the patriots offense is going to explode this weekend instead of imploding...basically what i think it comes down to is which defense can step up and force turnovers...

i know im rambling on all this but its 545 in the morning and im wide awake so give me a break..haha...just morning jitters before the game i guess...anyways GO FALCONS!!

I'd say it's a good time to be playing the Patriots, because they have looked really out of sync the last 2 weeks. However, I do expect some reaction from them after last week's loss. Brady will test our defence, that's for sure, but I also think that our offense is capable of keeping pace with them if it does become a scorefest.

Bellichick said on the on Patriots All Access that we have the most physiscal OL that they face all season. we also have a more balanced offense than they do. I think we have a great chance of winning the game, provided that our defense plays a solid game and doesn't have a complete meltdown versus Brady, Welker and Moss.

Go Falcons.

i love my falcons and im ecstatic on our 2-0 start this season...but with that being said, i dont think we could have faced the patriots at a worse time...they lost their first game of the season last week to a huge rival and they are going to be hungry for a win...even the panthers were hungry last week against us but luckily it was delhomme playing us and not tom brady...look for tom brady to be firing on all cylinders with moss and welker being in there this afternoon...i feel like we have a great chance to win this game and start out being 3-0 into the bye, but i just have this feeling that the patriots offense is going to explode this weekend instead of imploding...basically what i think it comes down to is which defense can step up and force turnovers...

i know im rambling on all this but its 545 in the morning and im wide awake so give me a break..haha...just morning jitters before the game i guess...anyways GO FALCONS!!

How are people getting PFF memberships with almost no posts?

Anyway ... our timing could not be better.

They are dinged up ... rattled ... the potential rainy weather.

We took everything Carolina had and still easily won with our offense playing stale.

It is our offense that is due to be firing on all cylinders.

How are people getting PFF memberships with almost no posts?

Anyway ... our timing could not be better.

They are dinged up ... rattled ... the potential rainy weather.

We took everything Carolina had and still easily won with our offense playing stale.

It is our offense that is due to be firing on all cylinders.

dude i have been a member here way longer than you...so dont start with the post count crap...i mainly read the posts and all but i just have my doubts with this game bc of the loss new england had last week...they are going to be looking for blood...that is all that i am saying nothing more, nothing less...ill be wearing my ryan throwback jersey just like i did at the dome against miami and here at the house last week...but if i was a betting man, you cant bet against the patriots losing...im not being negative with our team or anything, its just a hunch...and i HOPE IM WRONG!!..and ill be here after the game whether we win or lose

Our FALCONS are gonna be fine. As I was reading your post I couldn't help but think about the Pat fans who are saying how "They couldn't be facing the FALCONS at a worst time".

I understand how you feel, we've all been there at one time or another. Thinking maybe this is the year the FALCONS make a statement only to be let down, but keep in mind those days are gone, this is a new team and they got what it takes to win this time.

Unless things have changed it looks like rain for this game, which I must say wont be a problem because the FALCONS are a better running team than the Pats, if that's what determines the game then we got this one.

Keep your chin up dude, get ready for battle, this is a measuring stick type of game as reported by most of the analyst.

We ain't your FALCONS of old, and they ain't the Pats of old!

Our Atlanta FALCONS ARE GONNA KICK SOME SERIOUS UKWHAT TODAY!!!!!!!

We got the better team this time, THE ATLANTA FALCONS!!!!!!

GO GET 'EM ABE, BEERMAN, AND BABS Just to mention a few!!! GET 'EM!!!!!

Think positive! GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!

well the patriots havent lost back to back games in 41 games, all the way back to 2006, if the Falcons win today...man i just dont see anyone beating us ...if we lose today....well, its not like our season is over ....

we win today tho.... man life will be good

Were gonna win this one, we got it.

Today day day day day - Will be known as the day day day day - "MATT RYAN RETURNS AND RETAKES BOSTON!". :D

Brady all I can say to you is the brady bunch are gonna get their butts kicked today!

Our FALCONS are gonna be fine. As I was reading your post I couldn't help but think about the Pat fans who are saying how "They couldn't be facing the FALCONS at a worst time".

I understand how you feel, we've all been there at one time or another. Thinking maybe this is the year the FALCONS make a statement only to be let down, but keep in mind those days are gone, this is a new team and they got what it takes to win this time.

Unless things have changed it looks like rain for this game, which I must say wont be a problem because the FALCONS are a better running team than the Pats, if that's what determines the game then we got this one.

Keep your chin up dude, get ready for battle, this is a measuring stick type of game as reported by most of the analyst.

you know what??, this is exactly what i needed...thanks man...**** the pats...LET'S GO DIRTY BIRDS!!!

Chills from this!!! LET'S GET IT DONE FALCONS!!!!!!!

Dang skippy.

These ain't your daddy's emo Falcons that are going to start folding and putting on the black lipstick at the first sign of adversity.

These kids are learning how to win, remembering how fun it is to win, and have a coach that know how to keep them focused on the prize.

We just have to keep reminding ourselves about that.

Too many of us, myself included, looks at the game all askew after the first sign of adversity thinking "It this when the wheels finally fall off?"

We are being silly.

Smitty is a professional.

And his specialty is getting our team ready to beat people in the face.

Read Bill simmon's , a huge NE fan, column about the pats- here's a quote:

"...He [brady] doesn't move as well. His timing is way off. He seems a little, um, jittery every time 300-pound guys roll near his legs. He might shed that rustiness this weekend; he might not shed it until November; he might need the whole season to bounce back like so many others who had knees rebuilt. We don't know. We just don't know. It sucks...."

The whole point of his article, and he's a huge NE fan, and he's really worried about the pats. Might make you feel better.

i love my falcons and im ecstatic on our 2-0 start this season...but with that being said, i dont think we could have faced the patriots at a worse time...

Ok, let's review.

The Patriots traded their best defensive lineman 3 weeks ago. Their best LBer and defensive captain is hurt. Their startting free safety left last week's game with an ankle injury and is questionable today. In addition, their defense is breaking in 6 other new starters who are stil learning the defense.

On offense, their all word quarterback is playing like a scared little girl because of the pyschological effects of his traumatic knee injury last year. The Patriots haven't even tried to run the football at all this year, and both of their superstar WRs are banged up and both might be inactive today.

Under what circumstances could their be a better time to play the New England Patriots?

Win or lose today, the Falcons will never be a better time to take a crack at the Patriots.

Read Bill simmon's , a huge NE fan, column about the pats- here's a quote:

"...He [brady] doesn't move as well. His timing is way off. He seems a little, um, jittery every time 300-pound guys roll near his legs. He might shed that rustiness this weekend; he might not shed it until November; he might need the whole season to bounce back like so many others who had knees rebuilt. We don't know. We just don't know. It sucks...."

The whole point of his article, and he's a huge NE fan, and he's really worried about the pats. Might make you feel better.

There is no way that any person who watched the Patriots last week could feel badly about the Falcons chances today. Tom Brady looked to have a lot of problems that didn't look like they could be corrected in a week.

I think it will be a nice win, but I don't know what it's going to measure. The Patriots are in a terrible way right now.

Uh, that's been said about the FALCONS for years. Make no mistake, the FALCONS are going against a team that doesn't know how to lose.

I think we win this one, and yes this is a measuring stick type of game. Please refer to what I just got through saying : "The FALCONS have been in a terrible way for years" comment. All the sudden the Pats lose one game and they are considered different?

No pun intended. But yes, this is a measuring stick game regardless of injuries, we lost our number one draft pick and they have a couple of banged up players, all the sudden you say the game is scaled down to nothing more than just another game? I don't agree, this game matters!

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh....I hate these posts where someone mentions that because they lost the Pats are more hungry than the Falcons for the win. Guess what every team, even the Bengals and Lions, are hungry for a win each week. Win or lose they are paid to go out there and win. Most people in the NFL don't take it as seriously as we fans do.

Uh, that's been said about the FALCONS for years. Make no mistake, the FALCONS are going against a team that doesn't know how to lose.

I think we win this one, and yes this is a measuring stick type of game. Please refer to what I just got through saying : "The FALCONS have been in a terrible way for years" comment. All the sudden the Pats lose one game and they are considered different?

No pun intended. But yes, this is a measuring stick game regardless of injuries, we lost our number one draft pick and they have a couple of banged up players, all the sudden you say the game is scaled down to nothing more than just another game? I don't agree, this game matters!

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh the game matters, I just don't think it measures anything if the Falcons win. The Pats aren't a good football team right now.

Oh the game matters, I just don't think it measures anything if the Falcons win. The Pats aren't a good football team right now.

Iunno the streak they have speaks for itself. I think the Panthers game was a bigger measurement, but I see this as a pretty big one also. They are a proud football team at home that hasn't lost back 2 back games since 06 that went 11-5 last year. To go through this stretch of 2 division winners, a division rival, and an 11-5 team would speak volumes about this team and probably set up a even better stretch after the bye week. I think this solidifies our talent based off the previous teams we've beaten this year.