Eric Berry

Warningx13

Im wondering what some of you may think on the possibility of trading up to draft Eric Berry. Im very biased so i'm looking for opinions that aren't. Here are some thoughts that have led me to this.

He is the entire package, most people are saying he will definantly be a top 5 pick, but for those of you that don't know Monte Kiffin isn't playing him in coverage like he has been the past two years. He is stacking up tackles playing up in the box but his interception totals will drop this year, but thats not his fault. Playing in the box that much as well as QB's avioding him is the cause. However, not racking up interceptions could cause his stock to drop out of that top 5 range.

He is a great leader and has a good head on his shoulders. No cancer with him, he doesn't have that nasty habit DBs like Dhall have you'll never hear him singing his own praises. He quaterbacks the defense. The article in espn noted Monte audibled to a blitz and he audibled back out of it. Monte of course got the last call and one big play later he said he would never question Eric's choice again. Then there is the obvious atheletic ablility that makes him a cant miss prospect. He hits like a truck has soft hands and 4.3 speed. You can't ask for more, he is a jack of all trades but instead of being good at everything and great at none he is great at everything.

The most blaring reason for me is the safety position and its impact in the NFL. Take a look at the great Safties around the league and the defenses they lead. Ed Reed (Ravens) Troy...you know. (Steelers) and Brian Dawkins played for the Eagles and during his stay there the defense never had any problems. I know what you're thining though, "look at what they have around them, those are just great defenses with or without them" and that brings me to the example that makes my case. Bob Sanders. The Colts defense is an entirely different monster with him on the field. Without him they do not win the superbowl. His impact was undenaiable in the playoffs that year because not only was that defense bad it was terrible. The worst run defense maybe in history. So a great safety, not a good one. Can change the way the defense defends the entire field because they can do it all.

I feel drafting Eric Berry would be a sure thing, and you get what you pay for here. Even if its a high price. I fully believe he would do for our defense what Matt Ryan did for the offense. Leadership cant be taught, you can have all the natural ability in the world and if you cant lead you will only be good. He is one of the best leaders Tennessee football has ever had and arguably the greatest. I base this on seeing every game he has ever played in. I know the price will be high, but I think its worth it in the long run because it will end up with us having rings to show for it and thats what the draft is all about.

I like Berry, he is a guys that has had a top 5 pick look since he got to Tennessee. That being said, if the Falcons have the kind of season I hope they have, they will not have a shot at him. If we are picking in the mid to lower 20's without a second round pick, there is no way we can trade up to the top 10 to get Berry.

I think D-line and CB could be bigger needs. Abraham will be 32 next year and I've just never been high on Jerry. Don't forget that Peterson will be 34 next year. Berry is a luxury that we can't really afford.

There is absolutely no way we are going to get Berry unless our 1st round pick next year is a top 10 pick. And it won't

I wouldnt call it an absolute, but I would say that it is improbable, It would be a joy to get a playmaker like Berry

We really need someone who can turn those drop Decoud interceptions into actual turnovers

Trading up for a guy like Berry is a no brainer if we were in range, but again unless he is injured in a fashion that costs him the season, and I do not wish that upon him, then its more than likely he will be a top 10 pick

In my opinion he falls no lower than 13, Safetys are always touted top 5 picks before the draft comes then they always slip, Berry will do the same unless he runs an insane time in the 40 at the combine.

I wouldnt call it an absolute, but I would say that it is improbable, It would be a joy to get a playmaker like Berry

We really need someone who can turn those drop Decoud interceptions into actual turnovers

Trading up for a guy like Berry is a no brainer if we were in range, but again unless he is injured in a fashion that costs him the season, and I do not wish that upon him, then its more than likely he will be a top 10 pick

In my opinion he falls no lower than 13, Safetys are always touted top 5 picks before the draft comes then they always slip, Berry will do the same unless he runs an insane time in the 40 at the combine.

A trade up for Berry would leave us with very little picks in the draft and that is not the way TD wants it. Another reason for this not happening. I am not saying that I don't like Eric Berry cause I really love him I am just saying that he won't be a Falcon

Berry is the best player in this draft class, bar none. I'm actually feeling really good about Coleman and DeCoud as our starters for the next few years, otherwise it would be an interesting move.

I am quite sure that Coleman isn't a long time solution. I think that in the next two year Will Moore will take his spot and then we are set at S for years to come

I would trade a lot for the second coming of Ed Reed.. just like I would have traded a lot for Calvin Johnson. I dont think its possible to over-pay for a player who is certain to be a superstar. I felt that about CJ21 and I feel that way about Eric Berry.

Wow,trade up for Calvin Johnson, now thats a guy I consider if not Elite on his way to being Elite

I remember when they said we were trying to do that but didnt pull the trigger because they wanted to much

In line with the topic, I would definetly trade up for Berry, again I think he falls(out of the top 5 that is)because all safetys do unless his just blows up the stat sheet this year or has some ridiculous 40 time aka Laron Landry

Rather TD is that type of GM or not, I dont think so, trade up for a position that is needed and there is a run made on that position as he did with Baker is probably the only reason TD trades up

Hate it but I doubt we get Berry, not impossible but improbable