Ohio at Tennessee game thread.

SacFalcFan

I'll give it to Ohio, I knew it would be a tough fight after seeing their track record with top ranked teams and they gave us everything we wanted. That kick return for a TD hurt bad. They had a really solid QB who could read the field and actually did fairly well passing. Just happy to get a win and move onto SEC competition.

Tennessee seems like such an inconsistent team, the way they played against UF scares me for this weekend the best quote I have read is from a UT on rivals

"Crompton throws three TD's, Auburn wins 28-7" lol

I think our defense matches up well with Tennessee because our strength is forcing turnovers, I am possibly going to K-ville this week only thing keeping me from going is I got nobody to ride along which sucks

Tennessee seems like such an inconsistent team, the way they played against UF scares me for this weekend the best quote I have read is from a UT on rivals

"Crompton throws three TD's, Auburn wins 28-7" lol

I think our defense matches up well with Tennessee because our strength is forcing turnovers, I am possibly going to K-ville this week only thing keeping me from going is I got nobody to ride along which sucks

this game is another very tough game to read.. which tennessee shows up? also will auburn need 6 turnovers again to beat a quality opponent?

this game is another very tough game to read.. which tennessee shows up? also will auburn need 6 turnovers again to beat a quality opponent?

IMO we will MAYBE one more QB like Brown and we will not see another back like Noel Devine, I agree we have yet to see what Auburn is really made of but keep in mind we have talent here that is what is so deceiving about Auburn to me, there was two blowout's last year that's something I keep telling people we were one play away from beating UGA, we dominated LSU going into the half, same with WVU (which is the second game I consider a blowout b/c of the second half) Auburn was in almost every game last year they just couldn't finish (+1 TTubs) and that was with a staff and a lockerroom that was divided.

BTW props for calling it last year Sac, I remember you called that this was a divided team after the DeRon Furr incident, and it really was

that is a huge blow for you guys.. revez is something.

I agree. I really like him. He is a local walk on from Farragut High School in Knoxville (same school that Bill Bates went to), and his father, Fuad, was one of the best kickers in UT history, as well as being a very good NFL kicker.

I don't know alot about Auburn this year, but I'm sure it will take a very strong Defensive effort to win and to limit the Special Teams mistakes and Crompton turnovers...

What was the deal with DeRon Furr last year?

I agree. I really like him. He is a local walk on from Farragut High School in Knoxville (same school that Bill Bates went to), and his father, Fuad, was one of the best kickers in UT history, as well as being a very good NFL kicker.

I don't know alot about Auburn this year, but I'm sure it will take a very strong Defensive effort to win and to limit the Special Teams mistakes and Crompton turnovers...

What was the deal with DeRon Furr last year?

DeRon was a fairly highly touted commit from Columbus-Carver who got to Auburn and believed he was the best thing since sliced bread, yet decided to dog it on the practice field, senior players didn't take kindly to his attitude or his effort, DeRon didn't take kindly to the seniors opinion, one thing led to another and he got into a fight with one of the players (Aairon Savage I believe), DeRon quit the team the next day and is now at Memphis. This event prefaced a season in which the team was divided b/c of the QB battle and the coaches were divided (Tony Franklin was an outcast among Auburn coaches), and the fans were divided, just overall an ugly situation on all parts. This is possibly the biggest reason why Chizik and his staff coming in and selling Auburn as a family to the fans, students, and players is such a big deal for Auburn.

I think this will be a good game if Tennessee keeps the ball on the ground, if Crompton goes to the air I am fairly confident Auburn will make him pay (we are a team that strives off of turnovers and take risks to get turnovers).