to everyone who thinks we should get rid of Noorwood

flyguy28

i bet yall loved him when he made big plays last year like for example against the rams or when he got us good feild position when he gets good kick returns like when we played the bears i bet yall didnt want him gone then ? and john abraham had injuries but look at him now he is a breast just give him some time to heal up and he will be fine!!

i bet yall loved him when he made big plays last year like for example against the rams or when he got us good feild position when he gets good kick returns like when we played the bears i bet yall didnt want him gone then ? and john abraham had injuries but look at him now he is a breast just give him some time to heal up and he will be fine!!

Tbh I dont get the guys who thinks it would be wise to trade him. He brings so much utility to the RB position.

His contract will be up at the end of the season, but I do hope we can resign him. He is great at catching passes with screens, good at Kickoff returns, and shows explosiveness while running the ball. If he can stay healthy, he is one of the most versatile and explosive players in the league.

The question would be, does he want to be a feature back? Imo he does not have the build nor the durability to pull it off..

Probably one of my favorites to watch but he is so, so brittle. Plus he is a tweener. Snelling is a better RB.

No offensive coordinator has seemed to figure out how to use him. Mularkey did a good job in Game One though. He may need to call June Jones up and ask him how he used Metcalf cause he did a great job. Norwood could have that kind of year.

The question would be, does he want to be a feature back? Imo he does not have the build nor the durability to pull it off..

Yes, I do believe that will be the major issue for him. If he believes he can be a feature back in this league, it will be hard to retain him simply because he knows he won't be that here as long as Turner is healthy (plus, it could be that Snelling may be the first guy they turn to if Turner were to ever go down).

If Norwood doesnt think he can get a starting position elsewhere, I think it will be easy to retain him. He seems to love the city, loves the team, and let's face it, this is a legit playoff/slash contending team.

Yes, I do believe that will be the major issue for him. If he believes he can be a feature back in this league, it will be hard to retain him simply because he knows he won't be that here as long as Turner is healthy (plus, it could be that Snelling may be the first guy they turn to if Turner were to ever go down).

If Norwood doesnt think he can get a starting position elsewhere, I think it will be easy to retain him. He seems to love the city, loves the team, and let's face it, this is a legit playoff/slash contending team.

Totally agree with you. I have just seen my fair share of one-two-combo's breaking up even if it was evident that they benefitted more from eachother than without.

Probably one of my favorites to watch but he is so, so brittle. Plus he is a tweener. Snelling is a better RB.

No offensive coordinator has seemed to figure out how to use him. Mularkey did a good job in Game One though. He may need to call June Jones up and ask him how he used Metcalf cause he did a great job. Norwood could have that kind of year.

Snelling is a better back based on what? Norwood has one the the highest YPC averages in the league. He has proven that he is big time playmaker who can score at anytime. Snelling has been in a fight to stay on the roster since he was drafted in the 7th round in 2007. He has one good game and now he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Don't get me wrong I like Snelling and I think he provides great depth at RB or FB but stop all this he's better than Norwood crap.

Norwood has to stay healthy...we won't take the risk of resigning him if his durability continues to be an issue. I want us to retain him...that Turner/Norwood combo is pretty formidable. In order for us to go deeper into the playoffs, we need a player like Norwood backing Turner...Snelling is great depth at the position and can contribute with his versatility, but Norwood's speed and uncanny ability to make big plays on nearly every snap is unmatched.

i cant remember but someone saying on here that we dont need him but i agree he does bring a great utility him and turner make the best tandem in the whole nfl imo but he just needs to get healthy

So you are starting a thread for a mysterious someone? Why do you care if "someone" wants to trade him? You do realize it has no impact on what really happens, right? What are the odds that you can convince "someone" to change their opinion? Close to zero I imagine.

Have you ever heard the expression tilting at windmills? You should google it if not.

This thread has fail written all over it.

Ok Flyguy,

Yes I love Norwood as much as any body else .

I have discussed trading Norwood.

When you have a deep backfield and your team is hurting in

other areas, then a Player such as Norwood presents an Opportunity

to improve the team.

However that being as it maty it would seem that Norwoods value

is not strong at this particular time, so to that I will quickly concede

that we do not Trade him.

But let me ask you this.

Would you trade Norwood to Oakland for Asi?

Cheers

Bear in mind that Norwood, Dahl and Clabo all become UFAs at the same time. I don't know the cap space ins and outs, but re-signing all three has the look of impossibility. I'd put the priority on the O-line, which would make Norwood trade bait. It's a better option than just letting his contract lapse.

In this scenario, the injury history cuts both ways. Easier for the Falcons to look at him as tradeable. Harder for other teams to jump on a deal.

Ok Flyguy,

to improve the team.

But let me ask you this.

Cheers

In a heartbeat. But could even Al Davis be that dumb?

Ok Flyguy,

to improve the team.

But let me ask you this.

Cheers

now i love Norwood but if we got offered that, i would pack Norwoods bags for him :lol:

Ok Flyguy,

to improve the team.

But let me ask you this.

Cheers

hmm well ok be more reasonable here no way that would happen even if he was healthy but i probably would trade him for a good defensive back but thats if hill and/or williams dont perform well this season and by next season norwood should be fine but the odds of trading norwood right now are very unlikely sounds like that question was just to save your self but i like the guy he is a very good player to watch and idk if it was you but i remember someone saying that we dont need him witch i disagree beacuse he can be used in various ways so wat im trying to say is he is a beast when he is healthy!!!

He's fine. People get hurt. We wish he didn't. No reason to trade or cut him. He'll be back.