10 Spot

atljbo

Linkism

3. Weekend in New England: When Matt Ryan attended Boston College, he used to spend his Sundays watching Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. Now he'll get to do it again -- this time from the opposite sideline. To date -- and there's no way he could have thought this possible when he played at Boston College -- Ryan has been better than Brady. Ryan has thrown for 449 yards, five touchdowns and one interception -- a 108.5 rating. Brady has thrown for 594 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions -- a 76.8 rating.

"Ryan's very accurate, makes good decisions, knows where to go with the ball and can put it on the money [with] his accuracy," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. "[He] has a lot of down throws, too. It's not like he's throwing a lot of screen passes and checkdowns. He can get it down the field. He puts it right on the money, very accurate, good technique player, good throwing mechanics, good ball-handling, good ball location and placement, accuracy. He knows when to fire it, knows when to put a touch on it. He's really impressive."

This is a game with big ramifications. If New England were to lose at home and fall to 1-2, with its only victory being the come-from-behind one against the Bills, the skeptics would surface. Some already have. This is New England's chance to quiet them, against a quarterback who used to root for the Patriots.

We can pull it off dude. All we can do is believe.

Yeah its just that my main concern is the defense. I think we are definately better than what we saw last season, but if you take a look at the Carolina game you saw several situations where our pass rushers were one-on-ones with their designated blockers, still they didnt reach Jake. If reaching Tom is the medicine against New England.. I think we need to either blitz heavy (LB/DB) or elevate the play of our defense in its current form/package.

I am a believer, but we are not gonna get the walkover that some expect imho.

Howcome?

We don't have corners that can cover their wide receivers.

That will limit our ability to blitz.

Unless our front four can get pressure ... we don't match-up well defensively.

I think we win this game on offense ... the Falcons offense is acting like we lost the first two games ... but the Patriots, New Orleans, and the Colts are the three teams that will be difficult for us to defend.

interesting...

Even if we win the ESPN will spend more time talkin about how the patriots suck than how good we are. Still though i really hope we win and go into bye week .

Abosuletly.

Mediawise ... this is a lose-lose for the Falcons.

We don't have corners that can cover their wide receivers.

That will limit our ability to blitz.

Unless our front four can get pressure ... we don't match-up well defensively.

I think we win this game on offense ... the Falcons offense is acting like we lost the first two games ... but the Patriots, New Orleans, and the Colts are the three teams that will be difficult for us to defend.

I agree, I think the name of the game is just to outscore them more than anything, and try to maintain possession with the running game. The same type of situation will come up with New Orleans, as you pointed out. Luckily, by the time we play NO for the first time, we should have plenty of game tape on them and have at least a few ideas on how to play them. If we had played both our divisional games against them in the first 6 weeks, that would have been pretty tough.