Heavy Rain favors Falcons

xFalconLord

No doubt that the rain tomorrow is going to favor us. We have the better rushing game by far and ball control will be important in the slop. Its 100% chance of rain starting early Sunday morning and continuing into the evening. Also, I think it will slow down the Patriots passing game a little bit.

Thank you weather gods for lookin' out!

yeah i seriously dont think that the rain will be doing any team "favors", the same problems it will cause them will cause us as well dont you think? and besides, i dont want anyone trying to yell excuses as to why the falcons came out with the win *knock on wood*, part of the reason why i think it kinda sucks to see them with so many on the injury list, feel like its going to give them excuses afterwards, but anyways thats my venting, sorry lol

History shows that rain is an advantage for running the football. Particularly for straight ahead running teams. It creates a disadvantage for tacklers coming in on angles. If we stick with simple straight ahead blocking schemes and between the tackles running, our blockers and Turner could very well have an advantage.

It also shows to be a disadvantage for passing, especially with the expected high winds. It is hard for the quarterback to grip the football, hard for the receiver to catch, and the expected winds are tough for a QB's accuracy.

We are the better running team. We are better-suited for wet, sloppy weather.

Who cares if anyone cries about us winning for this reason or that reason? A win is a win. If they have an advantage on us, they will exploit it in a second and won't think twice about it.

History shows that rain is an advantage for running the football. Particularly for straight ahead running teams. It creates a disadvantage for tacklers coming in on angles. If we stick with simple straight ahead blocking schemes and between the tackles running, our blockers and Turner could very well have an advantage.

It also shows to be a disadvantage for passing, especially with the expected high winds. It is hard for the quarterback to grip the football, hard for the receiver to catch, and the expected winds are tough for a QB's accuracy.

We are the better running team. We are better-suited for wet, sloppy weather.

Who cares if anyone cries about us winning for this reason or that reason? A win is a win. If they have an advantage on us, they will exploit it in a second and won't think twice about it.

That's true and no it really doesnt matter the reason...i just want a W! lets go :)

If it does rain hard tomorrow, the inclement weather will give the Patriots and all their apologists their ready-made excuse for the Falcons' "upset".

I see it the other way around. The weather normally plays out in advantage of New England. I would expect them to win in bad weather, not the other way around. Might just be me though.

No doubt that the rain tomorrow is going to favor us. We have the better rushing game by far and ball control will be important in the slop. Its 100% chance of rain starting early Sunday morning and continuing into the evening. Also, I think it will slow down the Patriots passing game a little bit.

Thank you weather gods for lookin' out!

How the **** does rain favor a team that is not use to playing n rain

It's not like the Patriots wont stack the box against Turner, I don't think either team will tear it up running. The winner may come down to who can throw the ball the best in the rain if that's the case. I don't see how people would think a bad weather game on the road favors the traveling Dome team.