assuming both Moss AND welker play

Pacific_Falcon

Do we just go nickel the whole game? a 3 WR set with a 4-3 typically has an OLB covering the 3rd WR, and I don't know if I like Peterson's odd of covering Welker effectively.

The other problem is, we have not been very sturdy against the run, so we can't double up Moss the whole game and have 6 guys in the box against their 3 WR sets.

Regardless, I think our offense can exploit their defense, but I think the Pats will make it very interesting, and I doubt both Moss and Welker are out. Even with just 1 of them, they can create some matchup issues.

Interesting question, and I think everyone has been wondering the same exact thing. I really don't see NE as a threat to run the ball a ton. Maybe a few times here and there. Then again, if we try to double cover guys every down, they might run more, but I doubt it. The Pats offensive line has been terrible.

I think what the Falcons have to do is give a little bit up on the run the first drive or two. Just to see if they can create pressure with the front 4. Then in the 2nd quarter, they should get a real good idea of what kinds of play calling to do.

If they both play, we'll lose. We have no one to cover Moss. At all.

I don't agree with that at all. There's too many wildcards. You never know when someone will step up on D. Not to mention, I think our offense is more potent than theirs is. Who knows, it will be interesting.

If they both play, we'll lose. We have no one to cover Moss. At all.

It's going to be tough either way, we have to get pressure on Brady. Make that a lot of pressure, or it won't matter who's on the receiving end of the ball. Pats were sloppy last week, lots of penalties, I expect them to improve on that this week. The Falcons better continue to improve as well if they want the opportunity to win this game. Pats are a good franchise with a lot of talent, we'll have to be at the top of our game to beat them.

It's going to be tough either way, we have to get pressure on Brady. Make that a lot of pressure, or it won't matter who's on the receiving end of the ball. Pats were sloppy last week, lots of penalties, I expect them to improve on that this week. The Falcons better continue to improve as well if they want the opportunity to win this game. Pats are a good franchise with a lot of talent, we'll have to be at the top of our game to beat them.

This QFT

I really don't see NE as a threat to run the ball a ton.

Perhaps, but I'm sure they will try to run to some extent, given how much yardage we have given up on the ground...and also, it will keep our defense honest in terms of focusing so much on pass coverage. I guess the bottom line is we'll have to wait and see, but I was just throwing it out there to see what everybody's thoughts were.