Pats worked out five wideouts

My link

With the concern over the injury status of both wide receivers Randy Moss (back) and Wes Welker (knee), both of whom did not practice yesterday and are listed as questionable for tomorrow's game against the Falcons, the Patriots worked out five wide receivers on Friday.

Wide receivers the Globe has confirmed the Patriots worked out are Larry Beavers, Courtney Taylor and Chris Davis. According to the National Football Post, the other two wideouts worked out were Anthony Armstrong and Will Franklin.

Taylor started four games last season for Seattle and in two seasons had 14 receptions for 136 yards. Beavers is a rookie from Division III Wesley College in Delaware, where he put up eye-popping numbers. He was cut by Carolina.

Davis played the last two seasons for Tennessee and in 17 games had seven receptions for 69 yards. He also has experience as a punt and kickoff returner.

Armstrong spent last season on the Dolphins practice squad and was cut by the Miami on Aug. 29. Franklin, a 2008 fourth-round pick by the Chiefs, spent last season with Kansas City and had seven catches for 83 yards in 13 games, including one start. He was cut by the Raiders out of training camp.

The team also took a look at former Raiders defensive tackle Terdell Sands.

If we get beat with them in the game the media will say we aren't as good as people were saying. Now if they don't play then the media will say this wasn't a litmus test for us because New England had hurt players. Well excuse me, we have two starters out ourselves. But I really don't care what the media says, everyone should expect this though. No matter what happens it will end with us getting no credit. Which is a good thing for our players, they will feed off of it.

Beavers is a rookie from Division III Wesley College in Delaware, where he put up eye-popping numbers. He was cut by Carolina.

I'm confused. How can Carolina cut a wide receiver. Don't they need to actually give the receiver a chance at catching the ball? With Delhomme as quarterback, if you're a wide receiver, you're basically playing as a cornerback!

I'm confused. How can Carolina cut a wide receiver. Don't they need to actually give the receiver a chance at catching the ball? With Delhomme as quarterback, if you're a wide receiver, you're basically playing as a cornerback!

Carolina has decided to focus on signing other teams cornerbacks as Panthers receivers, on the premise that they've already established a chemistry with Delhomme.

If we get beat with them in the game the media will say we aren't as good as people were saying. Now if they don't play then the media will say this wasn't a litmus test for us because New England had hurt players.

The media will always have their darlings, no helping that - which is 90% of what comes out of the media means about as much to me as a pile of toad crap. A win is a win and a loss is a loss, the media's shameless twisting the event so that they can stroke the Patsies is really irrelevant.

I want the whole team healthy, I dont wanna hear we beat a cripled NE team. It doesnt matter whether either way. As long as we go out there and play hard well walk away 3-0.

Our team is not completely healthy. We are a running team. Having our #2 listed as questionable is no small thing. Snelling is good but he can't do all that Norwood does so a portion of our playbook may be unavailable again.