Who was the best BATMAN  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best BATMAN

• Adam West
    • Michael Keaton
    • Val Kilmer
    • George Clooney
    • Christian Bale

What? The guy is horrible. That stupid raspy voice he does while wearing the Batman outfit drives me nuts. Just a terrible actor. Keaton was the greatest.

I agree with that. Bale sucks as an actor and as a human being. That voice he does is like nails on a chalkboard. Michael Keaton conducted the Batman character and Bruce Wayne perfectly. Bale does OK as Wayne, but he sucks as Batman big time.

I agree with that. Bale sucks as an actor and as a human being. That voice he does is like nails on a chalkboard. Michael Keaton conducted the Batman character and Bruce Wayne perfectly. Bale does OK as Wayne, but he sucks as Batman big time.

I thought you and Grim Reaper were the same person.

Agree the voice is lame, but overall the new movies with Bale are better than the Keaton ones and I prefer the darker, more violent Bale Batman to Keaton's.

But Adam West IS Batman.

Bale is, in my opinion, far and away the best Batman.

He sticks completely true to the character, which explains "the voice". When he was asked to do Batman, he said he would only do it if it followed the darkness of the character, as depicted in comic books.

Christian Bale is a great actor, but an even better Batman. Can't think of anyone being better.

Keaton. He really portrayed the classical Batman character the best so far and also wasnt too shabby without the mask. Christian Bale is second on my list, and only second due to the ridiculous voice he uses with the mask on; terrible. Bale also loses points for a bit of overacting as Bruce Wayne.

Bale is a remarkable actor, much better than any others who have played Batman. However, the voice is a huge part of the character since facial expressions are hidden, and Bale flunks the voice undoubtedly. :P

Overall, I just think Keaton did a much better job portraying a Batman very close to the prominent comic book Batman.

Bale is, in my opinion, far and away the best Batman.

He sticks completely true to the character, which explains "the voice". When he was asked to do Batman, he said he would only do it if it followed the darkness of the character, as depicted in comic books.

Christian Bale is a great actor, but an even better Batman. Can't think of anyone being better.

Batman hasnt been "Dark" for the majority of the lifespan of the character. Just thought I would point that out.

I do prefer the more modern and dark character but in comic book lifespan terms, its a new angle on Batman straying pretty far from the classical character.

Keaton. He really portrayed the classical Batman character the best so far and also wasnt too shabby without the mask. Christian Bale is second on my list, and only second due to the ridiculous voice he uses with the mask on; terrible. Bale also loses points for a bit of overacting as Bruce Wayne.

Bale is a remarkable actor, much better than any others who have played Batman. However, the voice is a huge part of the character since facial expressions are hidden, and Bale flunks the voice undoubtedly. :P

Overall, I just think Keaton did a much better job portraying a Batman very close to the prominent comic book Batman.

That is a really interesting point. I know Bale & Christopher Nolan thought the voice was a key point to the character, but I had never thought about the lack of facial expressions.

Batman hasnt been "Dark" for the majority of the lifespan of the character. Just thought I would point that out.

I do prefer the more modern and dark character but in comic book lifespan terms, its a new angle on Batman straying pretty far from the classical character.

I am not a big follower of the comic books, but I guess the ones I have seen Bale, Nolan, and even Ledger reference were darker versions. I mean Ledger took a rather unique take of The Joker, but apparently used several of the actual comic books as reference. He even went on to say that The Joker was so dark and twisted in a few of them, that he couldn't continue reading.

I am not a big follower of the comic books, but I guess the ones I have seen Bale, Nolan, and even Ledger reference were darker versions. I mean Ledger took a rather unique take of The Joker, but apparently used several of the actual comic books as reference. He even went on to say that The Joker was so dark and twisted in a few of them, that he couldn't continue reading.

I was a big collector as a young kid and teenager so I am pretty well versed, as geeky as it is. I ended up passing my collection down to my nephew a few years ago after not being an active reader/collector in over ten years.

Up until the mid 80's (85 I think), Batman was a more classical super hero without the overly brooding, menacing, dark, etc. personality. Frank Miller basically reinvented the character when he started drawing/writing the book. Miller's version of Batman is what we see in the two reboot films; not only a very dark anti-hero persona but a more gritty environment as well.

In other words, for roughly 50 years Batman was not the character most people see him as today due to the film reboot. I enjoy the more grown up Batman more now that I am no longer a youngster and a collector. Most people who are more familiar with the character, before Miller, will agree that Keaton is superior; for that very reason. ;)

What? The guy is horrible. That stupid raspy voice he does while wearing the Batman outfit drives me nuts. Just a terrible actor. Keaton was the greatest.

They need a better way of doing the raspy voice and he had entirely too much dialog as Batman in the last one. They made Batman into a Chatty Cathy. He should be much quieter. Bale is still the best though. He makes the best Bruce Wayne.