AFMB newest feature

THE ForceFan27™

I hope this isn't moved because it has everything to do with this board. If someone likes what you say, they can "REP" you...adding points to your "reputation." But, if someone doesn't like what you say, the can "NEG" you...taking points away.

I have seen this done on other sites, and generally, it works ok. But I don't see it working well here. I'm not sure why, but I only see this getting out of hand...kinda like the "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY POST COUNT" debacle awhile back. I hope this ends up being removed.

End well this will not.

I used to spend time on the Bengals board, which had the rep feature. Mostly it just struck me as nonsense - the way I see it, it doesn't take long to figure out for yourself whose posts make sense to you and whose don't, and I don't see any need to pass judgment. On the other hand, if this gives us troll control by deleting certain posts through massive negative rating, I'm all for it.

I hope this isn't moved because it has everything to do with this board. If someone likes what you say, they can "REP" you...adding points to your "reputation." But, if someone doesn't like what you say, the can "NEG" you...taking points away.

I have seen this done on other sites, and generally, it works ok. But I don't see it working well here. I'm not sure why, but I only see this getting out of hand...kinda like the "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY POST COUNT" debacle awhile back. I hope this ends up being removed.

End well this will not.

I had to NEG you for reminding me that my post count went away a few years ago.

Naw, not really. I added one to your total, leaving you -1. Thanks for pointing out that feature.

I think it might be funny to see how many negative votes are handed out tomorrow when meltdown threads emerge. I might break my own rule and check in.

Next week when someone starts the weekly 3 JA98 threads the people who start them will be in for a rude surprise. The frustration that everyone has with those broken record posters will get them record numbers of negative votes.