Why do some many of you get so upset about us "not getting respect?"

andrews31cain21

I have seen a ton of posts recently about being being mad....that we dont get the respect... or calling analyst idiots because they pick against us? WHO CARES? I could care less, and I hope the remaining 10 teams that we play don't give us respect...I hope everyone gets so caught up in the Giants, Cowboys, Eagles, Patriots, etc.... that at the end of the year everyone turns around and are like "Wow, where did the Falcons come from"

Bottom line is... we are still "Just The Falcons" and until we can prove that we can put a string of winning seassons together and make the playoffs consistently, we are going to always be considered "Just The Falcons".

I have seen a ton of posts recently about being being mad....that we dont get the respect... or calling analyst idiots because they pick against us? WHO CARES? I could care less, and I hope the remaining 10 teams that we play don't give us respect...I hope everyone gets so caught up in the Giants, Cowboys, Eagles, Patriots, etc.... that at the end of the year everyone turns around and are like "Wow, where did the Falcons come from"

Bottom line is... we are still "Just The Falcons" and until we can prove that we can put a string of winning seassons together and make the playoffs consistently, we are going to always be considered "Just The Falcons".

It's nothing recent. There have always been complaints about not getting respect.

Yes, most of us know about our history and that we haven't really earned it yet - but these guys are not the ones who lost every year. These guys are playing their hearts out and they'll earn the respect.

I don't moan and groan about it - because it's just always been this way - but this is nothing new.

You just see it more now because it's Season and all the news is out there!

I'm with you. I like hearing about my team in the national media but I'd actually prefer us getting short-changed myself (unless we're talking about my college team...where that stuff matters). It's all settled on the field and while I have full faith in the locker room and our coaches, I still think guys play with a little more edge when everyone is not all over them and they can't read a bunch of press clippings.

The team doesn't need anybody's respect outside of the guys lining up next to them... Period.

Honestly, what do the fans need respect for as well? It's entertainment (and i'm pretty fanatic about my home town team, but it doesn't end life when we do lose, which won't be this week :D ), it's meant to give us something to be entertained by.

The team doesn't need anybody's respect outside of the guys lining up next to them... Period.

Honestly, what do the fans need respect for as well? It's entertainment (and i'm pretty fanatic about my home town team, but it doesn't end life when we do lose, which won't be this week :D ), it's meant to give us something to be entertained by.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Ummmmmmm :wub: Because of that lovely avatar all I read was "wah wah wa wa wah wah wah....."