A few prospects I'm liking a lot for us...

Carter

CB Crezdon Butler, Clemson

6'0" - 190 lbs - 4.38 40 time

Wondering what you guys think about this guy. I think he has #1 CB ability and potential, though CB obviously has one of the steepest learning curves in the NFL. He has the height, speed, and athleticism to be keep up and be really competitive on jump balls with those 6'3" and 6'4" guys all over the place in the NFL.

He may rise to be a 1st rounder, but I'm thinking more likely he'll be a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Unless he just blows up at the Combine.

-

DE CJ Wilson, East Carolina

6'4" - 270 lbs - 4.75 40 time

This guy has real tangible and proven ability at defensive end. He gets good penetration and pressure and has the size to be effective against the run as well.

I know some people may look at our situation at DE and think we don't need to do much, but aside from Abe we really don't have a strong starter. Jamaal Anderson needs to improve a lot... he has time and opportunity in this season, but his chances may be running out. I think Sidbury will eventually take Abe's place after he's done. Biermann is strictly a situational player... and Davis, while solid, is a high quality rotation player in my opinion.

-

CB Perrish Cox, Oklahoma State

6'1" - 196 lbs - ??? 40 time

This kid put together a pretty solid career so far in college. Inserted as a starter for the final 8 games of his freshman year, he has been a starter ever since and has played in every game since arriving at Oklahoma State. On the national stage this year against Georgia, he was assigned to cover physical freak AJ Green and absolutely smothered him the entire game... breaking up pretty much everything thrown his way. Green had 4 catches for 52 yards... his longest gain being 29 yards, when Perrish Cox did not cover him.

Only 6 interceptions through his career, so he has not shown the ability yet to be that big difference maker... but his ability and technique in coverage is undeniable. He plays the ball well and avoids penalties while providing tight coverage on his target. Great in zone coverage, unable to determine if he has the speed to run man up with elite receivers... but as I said, he ran stride for stride with AJ Green and shut him down.

Possesses game breaking ability on special teams, as well... while not an imminent threat to take it to the house as a returner, he is very very solid in that aspect. 4 career TD returns on kickoffs. Dez Bryant has handled punt returns for the most part.

Butler is my favorite CB prospect. We don't need a finished product who can come in and start right away. We need someone who has all the physical tools to be a shut down CB and Butler has them.

A player Size, speed, and playmaking ability is exactly what we need. We don't have one corner on our roster who combines those traits.

Cox could be a good player too. We just need somebody who can handle WRs one-on-one. That would allow us to blitz much more and become an attacking defense.

I hope we draft either Butler or Cox. Those two are my favorite corners in this class. Cox played A.J. Green pretty tough and while I wouldn't say he shut him down (alot had to do with Joe Cox's ****** decison making) he did make some nice plays on the ball and showed the ability to turn his head unlike the corners we have. He played A.J. better than anyone I've seen though.

Butler has all the ability in the world but hasn't lived up to that 5* billing he got out of HS. Could be a better player in the pro's than at Clemson.

I hope we draft either Butler or Cox. Those two are my favorite corners in this class. Cox played A.J. Green pretty tough and while I wouldn't say he shut him down (alot had to do with Joe Cox's ****** decison making) he did make some nice plays on the ball and showed the ability to turn his head unlike the corners we have. He played A.J. better than anyone I've seen though.

Butler has all the ability in the world but hasn't lived up to that 5* billing he got out of HS. Could be a better player in the pro's than at Clemson.

Butler hasn't been bad either. He had 4 picks last year and 3 in his first two years. He mainly needs to find a good coaching staff who can help put all of his abilities together.

Yeah, Joe Cox certainly didn't help AJ out at all in that game... so maybe saying Perrish Cox shut AJ down is a but of an unfair statement since the QB wasn't all there to begin with.

Either way, the coverage he had on Green was impressive. I remember a couple of passes distinctly that he just batted away when Green thought he had it.

As far as Butler goes, I don't know if the coaching at Clemson is all that decent right now. We know it hasn't been too good before this year. I think Butler has everything to be a very good, maybe even great, corner in the NFL. The fact that he stands out on a Clemson roster that's totally loaded with talent is impressive in itself. I think when he gets good strong coaching, he will become even better and develop into a very very good corner.

Butler or Cox would be a great pickup.

Anyone have thoughts on CJ Wilson? He's one of the best DE's in the country and he is balanced between playing the run and getting good pressure and penetration. Big, strong, and isn't a converted TE. :lol:

Yeah, Joe Cox certainly didn't help AJ out at all in that game... so maybe saying Perrish Cox shut AJ down is a but of an unfair statement since the QB wasn't all there to begin with.

Either way, the coverage he had on Green was impressive. I remember a couple of passes distinctly that he just batted away when Green thought he had it.

As far as Butler goes, I don't know if the coaching at Clemson is all that decent right now. We know it hasn't been too good before this year. I think Butler has everything to be a very good, maybe even great, corner in the NFL. The fact that he stands out on a Clemson roster that's totally loaded with talent is impressive in itself. I think when he gets good strong coaching, he will become even better and develop into a very very good corner.

Butler or Cox would be a great pickup.

Anyone have thoughts on CJ Wilson? He's one of the best DE's in the country and he is balanced between playing the run and getting good pressure and penetration. Big, strong, and isn't a converted TE. :lol:

i like CJ Wilson. He has a pretty good burst and a strong variety of pass rushing moves. He has been very productive his 3 years of playing for ECU. I could see him as a 2nd rounder with another good season under his belt. He's a prototype LDE.

Kelton Tindal

Watch out for this guy folks, he's going to be one of those fast risers in the draft, the guy is a beast. 6'3 with Randy Moss speed. He averaged > 19 ypc last year...he goes to...NEWMAN. Watch out folks, he's going to be a good one, I wouldn't be shocked for him to go as high as round 3, but I would love to make sure we have some eyes on this guy.

A receiver? I think we have a pretty good stable of receivers. Jenkins is a pretty good possession receiver and we have speed guys, Fin, and Harry will be back next year. I like the guys prospects as a receiver but I don't think we need to add to our WR corps just yet. Maybe start looking at TE's depending on what Gonzalez decides to do.

I think we need to add some more quality to our defense. It's clearly the weaker link, though they do play well at times. We could use a starter or quality depth at each level of our defense.

i like CJ Wilson. He has a pretty good burst and a strong variety of pass rushing moves. He has been very productive his 3 years of playing for ECU. I could see him as a 2nd rounder with another good season under his belt. He's a prototype LDE.

I dont like CJ Wilson as a LDE in our scheme. He is a 3-4 DE IMO, he doest have a good burst, and doesnt display any speed to the outside. I do admit that he has decent hand usage, and is strong but he wont make any huge improvements in our pass rush. Just IMO

I like our #1 and #2 and I'm not saying we'd take this kid early, he'd have to kind of fall in our laps. I love HD, and I think he can blow up, but at the same time, I think there will be some times, like right now we have 3 posession WRs and 2 guys who can make plays, it's just not good enough. We have to have someone who can really make something happen to stretch out defenses, what we're seeing right now is teams creeping up on the line because we're not running deep routes, because when Roddy is on the field, he's the only one who does this well, but we haven't been doing it. Jenkins is good, and I really like him, but if we could get a kid like this guy, he could be our KR/PR guy, not that Weems is doing bad back there, but he'd also give us some more size and speed, I'm projecting him somewhere in the 4th - 5th because of his small school, but scouts will see his speed and drool.

I dont mind getting a WR who doubles as a KR/PR with one of our compensatory picks